Enjoying the VC?

XmaXonX

WiiChat Member
Aug 14, 2007
Hello

The Virtual Console offers many games so I just want to ask...so far is everyone enjoying the virtual console, if yes, why? If no, why? Also if there's anything you would like to change or discuss about the Virtual Console just post.

So far I am enjoying the console but only have two games. I do have 200 points left and will more than likely be purchasing another Wii Points Card. I think the whole interface is very easy to use and is a great feature to have.

So, like I've said before. Who here is enjoying the Virtual Console? Who here isn't? And anything else you want to post regarding this topic.

Lets discuss:smilewinkgrin:

Well just at my sig to see how many VC games i have that will tell you whether i enjoy it ,or not. The only thing that really bothers me with it is the Wii's small flash memory. I love classic games ,and the Wii's memory can't retain all my favorites. Yeah sure you can delete ,and redownload ,or swap to the SD card. The thing is its all a pain in the butt ,and is counter-intuitive to Wii's intent which was to make things simple.

My memory issues is the reason ive passed up Sonic 2, Golden Axe 2, SOR 2, and a few others. I'm waiting until i finish their originals before moving on ,or at least some other VC games so i can make room.

I'd actually be more enticed to buy games if they enabled online multiplayer with some of them... If rumors are true and Neo-Geo games are coming to the Wii then I hope they bring online to it because I would buy Twinkle Star Sprites in a heartbeat, if not then I'll stick with my Dreamcast version.

I am loving it!! Just bout Waveracer64. Not played it yet as I have got work to do (that is my motivation for doing it!)

Is great game and have downloaded loads of others!

Is great to see old games and not to have to change discs all the time!

Also it is good to have games that are cheap for times that you are bored and can't afford to buy a Wii game!!

Evolve82 said:
I am loving it!! Just bout Waveracer64. Not played it yet as I have got work to do (that is my motivation for doing it!)

Is great game and have downloaded loads of others!

Is great to see old games and not to have to change discs all the time!

Also it is good to have games that are cheap for times that you are bored and can't afford to buy a Wii game!!
Oh man, Wave Racer 64, that was my first 64 game. I remember saying how beautiful that game was, especially the water. How times change. :crazy:

I just might have to pick that up just for nostalgia's sake.

I love VC, and probably play the games from that more than I play the games from the actual Wii system. I do however wish more games were released, wish online multiplayer will happen (even though it won't), and hope Neo Geo comes soon.

VC was a major selling point for me. Having all my favorite classics just a click away is quite nice. If only for hard drive support!

I just love the total ease of purchasing, downloading and playing right there from your couch with your wii mote. I know this seems severly out dated and n00b-ish but the way Nintendo has designed the Wii is perfect; holding it vertical feels great in my hands and then turned to the horizontal provides the great classic feel of a the NES/SEGA era.

Top Marks! You've got a STAR! haha jokes

As I've said before, I don't have a Wii yet, but due to the fact that my first console was a Gamecube, I missed out on a lot of good games except for Ocarina of Time (Master Quest Disc), so VC is a great thing to be able to have.

I'm so glad that I have a 2GB SD card, even if a good half of it is full of music, which should actually be nice in the Wii anyway. You don't have to format the card to use it for the Wii, right, considering they toted music and pics through the SD card?

Robotnik said:
I love VC, and probably play the games from that more than I play the games from the actual Wii system.
same here, at least with the current and near-upcoming titles. There are only about 3-4 that I would want to get.

oh and WiiBad, I'm actually glad there's no hard drive; less mechanical crap to break. I'll stick with my solid state flash thank you very much, especially with the prices at which SD cards are going for now. Not to mention the fact that most pre GC games don't take up that much space, especially on a 1GB+ SD card.

Now if there was downloadable content like on the 360, then I would say otherwise, since those videos on marketplace take up a hellovalotta space, at least 20 times the amount of an N64 game, if not more. 4 of em would fill the wii's built in memory.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a Nintendo Wii yet either, but the virtual console does seem to be a plus in my mind for my decision on which next generation console to get. Things are definitely leaning towards the Wii, primarily because it looks great, it's compact and reliable. Back to the topic, the games don't cost all that much and bring back memories of playing these games on earlier Nintendo consoles so if I can find a way to get connected to the virtual console I'll definitely be purchasing some games.

I like the VC, and it was probably what convinced me to buy a Wii. It gives me a chance to check out all those games I missed when they originally came out, plus there's some undiscovered gems to find too. The only problems I have are the prices being a bit too high, and the lack of memory (my console is about half-full already).

Napalmbrain said:
I like the VC, and it was probably what convinced me to buy a Wii. It gives me a chance to check out all those games I missed when they originally came out, plus there's some undiscovered gems to find too. The only problems I have are the prices being a bit too high, and the lack of memory (my console is about half-full already).
How much do the games cost?

500 points for an NES game
600 points for TG16
7-800 points for Genesis and SNES
1000 for N64

100 points is equal to a dollar.

Back