Virtual Console Games Going To Be ONLINE?

matthewj

Online Gamer
Oct 18, 2007
Wii Online Code
0422-8426-6448-0738
well i was just wandering when they are going to release updates that make virtual console games online! It would be a really great feature and would increase there sales quickly. i would more than likely have the wii filled up and no more room to put more wii games. Well i just hope they put it online. if you have any information on virtual console games comming online please post here.

I dunno. I do know its possible. zSNES on the PC had a multiplayer network set up so that it would connect your emulators so that the games thought that they were 2-4 people on the same console. It was very sweet playing Mario Kart for SNES online.

I don't know if Nintendo will implement this, but it would be awesome if they did.

well according to what i hear that there virtual console sales are going down and they may want to make the games online so there virtual console sales will go up

A Neo Geo rep said it can be done, and Nintendo is looking into it. If you played Zbattle, you know it's easily possible. Nintendo first has to buy servers, even if we are the hosts, they'll need a main pub like battle.net. Sony, and Microsoft have their classic games online, Rampart, Turtles 2. It's not a question of can it be done, it's a question of will it be done?

A better indication will be next year with Wiiware's launch. The president of Nintendo said he will maintain the momentum at all costs, and Brawl is a massive indicator of it's future online potential.

sagema said:
A Neo Geo rep said it can be done, and Nintendo is looking into it. If you played Zbattle, you know it's easily possible. Nintendo first has to buy servers, even if we are the hosts, they'll need a main pub like battle.net. Sony, and Microsoft have their classic games online, Rampart, Turtles 2. It's not a question of can it be done, it's a question of will it be done?

A better indication will be next year with Wiiware's launch. The president of Nintendo said he will maintain the momentum at all costs, and Brawl is a massive indicator of it's future online potential.

Well this helps alot. I really am glad you posted this because now i know there is a chance that vc games COULD be online

As mentioned previously, all the VC games are faithful to their original cartridge counterparts, so I don't think that online functionality will be included within any of the VC games.

I think mircosoft have won in the online department

ok if they want to stick with the original games then here is a list of them that will be online from the SNES and GENESIS:

Genesis:

Madden NFL 95
Madden NFL 96
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat II
Mortal Kombat 3
NBA Jam
NBA Live 95
NBA Live 96
NHL '95
NHL '96
Primal Rage
Super Street Fighter II
WeaponLord

SNES:

DOOM
Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball
Kirby's Avalanche
Killer Instinct
Madden NFL 95
Madden NFL 96
Mortal Kombat II
Mortal Kombat 3
NBA Jam TE
NHL 95
NHL 96
Super Mario Kart
Super Street Fighter II
WeaponLord
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (secret maze game)

Byuakuya said:
As mentioned previously, all the VC games are faithful to their original cartridge counterparts, so I don't think that online functionality will be included within any of the VC games.

Online functionality will in no way make them unfaithful to the original. Unless you add online to a game prev singleplayer.

It would still be faithful, its just that the second player has his/her controller plugged in with a 700mile extension chord.

THe game would be exact same, its the emulator that would be moddified.

There is a slim chance but I doubt Nintendo will add online capibility to VC games.

In Zbattle, which I'm sure none of you guys play you can host, or join games very easily. You can even join 1 player games to watch, and chat. We had 4 players watching a guy play through FF6. You can chat inside the game using the ZSNES. The guy would advertise his IP number, and in 30 mins you would connect. You can also do the classic 1v1. I played Super C and Mana over Zbattle, OMFG you guys don't know what you are missing.

Cons: Zbattle only has a few hundred people on at all times, only 10-30 games up. Too few people to really bring out it's potential.

i stop playing vc. so i dont care 1 more post and i would of posted 600 times :)

You know if you look at there progress so far on the wii with there online games then you can see that they are starting to pick up the pace of putting games online. so there may be a possiblility that there will be online on the virtual console games. they will really need it if they are wanting to see virtual console games after the wiiware games start comming out.

it'd be sweet. i probably wont buy anymore vc games unless they do this, and even then not many. goldeneye would be tight though.

Back