Multiplayer for Virtual Console?

I don't think they will do it, but I agree with yosh64, it is perfectly possible.

m7ticalm said:
They already have online emulators for 64 games. You can play 64 roms against other people online.
That's true, though I've never used it. It might be laggy/innacurately spatially organised (things not appearing where they should) or may not even be a solid connection (since it's having to generate the two games seperately, rather than on one single console/TV). Though this is specualtion on my part: Has anybody else had experience with the online functions of emulators?

On a side note: What about if Nintendo want third party developers to produce more than simply a (in effect) multiplayer game will? What about playing through story mode with somebody over the internet? I'm sure there needs to be major compression on streams of info that go between one console and another (especially if they're not using a dedicated server for actual gamplay - even if they're using one to set up the games themselves).

Meh, I'm not exactly up on these things, so chances are I'm not accurate. But still, I thought it worth mentioning.

I think the main problem with this would be all the different versions of the game out there, I could only play people in the UK as all the other versions of games will be slightly different.

All games aren't capable to go online, none to less emulate as well. Look at Star Ocean(Snes Version) there where many parts of the games graphics that were very hard to emulate, some games need special chips that the original hardward provided, some of these chips cannot be emulated.

Also, the Emulator has to be configured to emulate the game properly for online to work, it also has to be configured to play with other systems or emulators. The game that your playing also needs a "VS" option to begin with.

hey

some games need special chips that the original hardward provided, some of these chips cannot be emulated.
Why can't they be emulated? I'm guessing they could, as I think anything can be emulated. Maybe whatever you're talking about hasn't been emulated yet because coders haven't got access to the hardware documentation, which I'm sure Nintendo Would :). Also, what does this have todo with Multiplayer???.

The game that your playing also needs a "VS" option to begin with.
Like I have already said... "you would have the ability to play any physical multiplayer games online".

Also, the Emulator has to be configured to emulate the game properly for online to work, it also has to be configured to play with other systems or emulators.
I have no idea of what you mean...

Finally... I have tried using various emulators online. Most emulators go through the sucky/laggy Kaillera Servers, mainly for systems with more than 2 players. I liked ZSnes/ZBattle best, as players are connected directly to each other, and so there is minimal lag :D.

cyas

Last edited:
I think it has a big chance of it happening, since theres alot of emulators out there that lets you play roms with friend over the internet. If someone who lives in the basement of their mother could program something like this, its pretty obvious that Nintendo can too, its just the matter if them wanting to do it or not.

this is a reply to the 1st page btw, I didnt bother reading the next 2 pages.

Back