How long to wait in line?

buckyfellini said:
tehy had the "1 per family" rule at best buy where i got mine ... there was actually a kid behind me in line that got the last unit; i was happy for him he got his after waiting up with his dad all night long. kinda felt bad for the other 50 people that got turned away; but not for the idiots that started showing up 5 minutes prior to the store opening and being suprised that all of the units were sold .. dumbasses.

Funny thing happened to me. I was in line from 3:00 am. Until 5:00 am there were around 25 people in line (target only had 6 units and I was the first one). At around 7:00 am the manager comes out and gives us the tickets. So the first 6 people who got the tickets decided to go to starbucks, get some warm coffee and come back at 8:00 am when target would open. When we came back at 7:55 am we noticed that another line was formed from people that started ariving after 7:10am. Of course those people did not know that the tickets had been distributed already.

So I approach the line and tell the people that the manager already gave us the tickets and that they only had 6 available and only the people with tickets would be able to buy them. Can you guess what the people in line did? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! They ignored me. They were ignoring us even after we showed them our tickets. Then the manager came out and confirmed my story.

Everybody left except 3 people that refused to leave. As soon as the door opened they started running like crazy inside the store to get to electronics. Of course in the end they did not get it since they didn't have tickets but it goes to show you how stubborn people can be.

Back