how to fix red ring of doom

mine hasnt gotten them yet, im lucky :) im still awaiting the day they com dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

don't know if I've gotten it for sure, but I'm sure people would be much happier if they only spent about 10 days to fix it and gave you some better consolation than a 1 month LIVE card all it does is make up for the money you spent on LIVE as you couldn't play it not for all the big name titles you missed

Microsoft needs to learn that todays crowd is not going to happily say "we love your products and how crappy and sloppy their made. Heck were even more happier when we get the 3 red rings of death." Todays consumers dont like it when the manufacturer releases an extremely flawed product because not only does it annoy them it really pisses them off when it mal-functions. I think Microsoft needs to take consumer lesson's 101 again because MS forgot how people arent that patient these days.....

Red Ring of Death

I have heard a few tricks out there, and youtube has some good instructional videos. But my 360 got the ring of death and I feel that my only option is to send it in, any other suggestions besides doing that?

Thanks

Now I know people going on about using the search function to find threads on your topic, but I think you'd be safe to start a new one if the old one is almost 2 years old.

There really isn't any way to fix the RRoD yourself without voiding your warranty. The Towel trick is a short term fix, but will probably rape your Xbox in the process. I suggest that if you aren't confident in your technical skills, send it in, unless you're sure you would be able to replace the heat sinks yourself without breaking something.

yeah a new thread wouldve been okay in this situation but since he is reviving the thread for a reason i suppose its okay.

dont try the towel trick, my buddy just did that and it wont even turn on now, he bought an elite off ebay. lol actually he was bidding on 2 and he won them both and got stuck with 2 new elites haha.

anyways either get somone who knows what their doing or send it back. i know somone who had their fatehr add extra heat sinks and some other **** (hes an electition) and it worked great.

Back