wow. what bad luck

well its still working after wrapping it a towel nad keeping it on for about an hour and then letting it chill for another hour. man my xbox was toasty after keeping it on while wrapped up lol. idk why that worked but it did. played some GoW yesterday for like 3 hours and no errors! however im thinking about selling it to my uncle cheap because my cousin really wants a 360 so i may sell it to him for $150 or so after i get an elite and transfer my HDD contents over to the 120 gig

Mitch2025 said:
yea. i know at least 5 other people with 360's and 3 had them since launch and not a single one has crapped out except for mine but thats only because im not allowed to have a 100% perfect day lol

was urs a launch 360? i just heard that mostly the 360's before august 06 get the ring of death most of the time, thats the reason i got the intercooler.

yea its a launch but mine is the only one i know of that has broke

dammit it happened again. well im probably going to buy an elite if this keeps happening. i probably would normally just send it in for repair but seeing as how its really close to the Halo3 beta and the beta is only 3 weeks long, i want to get the most time out of it as possible so i will probably just get it working and then either see if my uncle wants it (after i tell him that it doesnt work 100%) or see if i can sell it to gamecrazy

Manny21 said:
was urs a launch 360? i just heard that mostly the 360's before august 06 get the ring of death most of the time, thats the reason i got the intercooler.

^^ the launch models have what can only be described as 'dogey soldering' on the GPU which is what causes this error... stupidly amazing Microsoft with their quick botched jobs =|... they could've waited another couple of months... they'd still beat sony's release date ^^

all newer consoles have better soldering on ^^ - but there still is a chance -keep the console well ventilated... or buy one of those cooling thingies (i've seen one for £15 on play.com)

i'm definitely getting a new one now... i never considered the possibility of somebody selling a 'temp fixed' ring of death to Gamestation =( - BAD NAUGHTY PEOPLE!

also... sending it back to MS isn't a good idea they usually just 'attempt' to fix your old one and stick a new serial over it... it doesn't work well =|

well it just got even worse. i cant find an elite anywhere and i just found out that im invited to the early beta that starts today!! ARG!!

Mitch2025 said:
well it just got even worse. i cant find an elite anywhere and i just found out that im invited to the early beta that starts today!! ARG!!
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

im sorry baby jesus dosent love you man

i just bought a core with a 2 year warrentee so im all good. however i REALLY wanted an elite. meh as long as i got my xbox back :)

Mitch2025 said:
i just bought a core with a 2 year warrentee so im all good. however i REALLY wanted an elite. meh as long as i got my xbox back :)
that desperate to play halo eh?

Yellow_Wii said:
hey, cores are supposed to be **** ...

i can't understand why people say that... they are xbox 360 premiums but without the chrome top bit thingy ^^

they just don't come with a hard drive (£60), wireless controller (£35), or component cables (£10)... which cost more than that £70 extra together... so you might as well go premium (by about £35) ^^

but you already have these from your premium so you'll be alright, dude =)

the reaction that they are louder is something people don't understand... when the console 1st came out people only got cores and thought it was loud (if you've ever heard any xbox 360 you'll realise it sounds like a vacuum cleaner =|), they just hadn't compared it to the premium and realised that they both are as loud as each other =| if anything the premium will be louder due to the sound of the hard drive ^^

only 7 days until i get mine ^^ (i'm getting, new, premium ^^) can't wait (Y)

YOSH!

they are **** unless you have a HDD and HD cables :). also sovieto, i needed a new xbox anyways. if i can ill fix my other one and then mod it when homebrew becomes available

Hey Mitch2025 this is SystemOfChaos2200.You were in my chat room yesterday about the May update making the system crash.I was just reading what you put there that must suck specialy since the Halo3 Beta is out now.I was just looking at some of my old resets and I found my old warriting for my first Xbox360 and my Xbox360 I am using now.So if I am lucky I'm going to go to EB Games where I got both my 360's and asked to buy an another warriting for my 360 because the warriting I have now is over.So if it works I might be able to save a alot of money which is great to here because lately I haven't had good week for a very long time now.So wish me luck and I also wish you luck for your new Xbox360 or if you are getting the Xbox360 Elite instead.Talk with you later

Back