how to make wiichat.com "better" suggestions

Hey, If you look at the stats already, average # guests quadruple the # of members at any given time.

Brawny said:
Hey, If you look at the stats already, average # guests quadruple the # of members at any given time.

the other day mitch mentioned something about that- that the guest percentage was WAYYY higher than actual registered users

he thinks its from being mentioned in all the internet/magazine publications. i believe we were recently in "digg" right? that website? i dont remember what it was called exactly so forgive me

most people scope out the sites before posting- or they search the forums and get the information without having to create a user name

Some great ideas coming through in this thread - lets keep um rolling :)

I know there's an overwhelming demand for more specific off-topic subforums and that's something that will be happening very soon.

I dont really want a lot of sub-forums in off-topic, so it may be a case of juggling them around a little so they dont seem as cluttered.

An Arcade would be easy to implement but wouldnt you rather play it on your Wii and have the scores recorded in your profile here? Again that's just an idea but im sure it's a feature we could develop.

The friend code issue is almost resolved, fingers crossed the new system will be getting tested out this week.

I haven't been paying much attention to the last posts, but I'm pretty sure nobody said "Comedy Thread." It could be where you tell jokes to unsuspecting people.

That would go into my "Spam Section" thread suggestion.

i0n said:
Pokemon sub-forum is now up and running:

http://www.wiichat.com/pokemon-diamond-pearl/

I've moved over ~350 threads, so DS fans have got their forum back :)
YET NO GRAPHICS FORUM?
half the threads are just quick newb threads with 1 sentence just looking for trade or someone to play for pokemon, so it only looks more popular, where as most of the graphics threads span a couple pages and most of the graphics people arent newbs and like to re-use threads

It's even better when there is a thread called:

"looking for a (insert pokemon)"

Next to it is a thread called.

"I'm traiding my (insert said pokemon)"

Add to sovieto.... Yeah, we're not stupid enough to spam up the gfx to show off too.....

i wrote in the staff section again- i0n is online hes invisible.....i dont know why he did the pokemon thing first (i wrote about that in staff as well) over GFX when i spoke about GFX first....odd....

Brawny said:
:rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
:rolleyes:

I don't think it was a mistake...... Maybe next week's topic should be i0n.

im going to remain switzerland. however this is what i wrote in the staff section- i sent this to SSBB_Lover aka tyler first

The_Loose_Cannon said:
just wondering what the status of that was?

in a nutshell and i dont know if any of you guys were following this but SSBB_Lover made a thread for a GFX decussion. it became very popular and a petition was made in another thread which almost all the memebers who come on daily signed it.

well i sent those links i0ns way on AIM a few days ago and he said he would consider doing it.

so like i said i was just wondering what was going on with it? i think it would be a nice little addition. of course we would need a mod for it so i suggest ******* because this was his idea. :)

let me know what you all think.

him, demonflair, and cpt mcloud have been PMing me the most in regards to this forum and ive been doing my best to update them as much as possible but its hard when i get no reply :(

LOL, if those asterisks are the same length as the name, there's only one person I can think of... And only one? One moderator would be just as useless as no moderator IMHO. ^.^

to elaborate on "i0n week". Everyone makes a wiichat/i0n sig for him. LOL. Maybe to get us on his good side.

[$0.02]

That would be a pretty good idea, it could be the latest WiiChat competition. Which ever one i0n likes the best is the one he uses. Never know, could be fun.

Also, I think the reputation system needs an overhaul. The people who ask the most Wii relevant questions are the newbies. If you patiently answer their question and they give you rep, all you get is a grey box. The people who spend most of their available forum time in the Wii section helping out people with Wii questions have a low rep ranking.

I don't care about my rep ranking, you may not believe it after what I've just said but I don't. But because the reputation system is supposed to be a reliable way of telling the trustworthyness and helpfulness of a member (correct me if I'm wrong), I do not believe the current system is a good measure of this.

Consider this. 2 fairly well known members with a fairly high reputation and a fairly high post count are having an argument about something. Then along comes a 3rd well known member, who then agrees with the 1st well known member. The 1st member is glad that the 3rd member agrees with them so they give rep to the 3rd member. Bang, suddenly 10+ reputation points are added to the 3rd member's rep score, even though they never actually did anything helpful.

[/$0.02]

Last edited:
Back