How's your Wi-Fi connection?

The lag is ridiculous even at 11:30 on a Sunday night. I was playing with three other forumites, and it was a chugging lagfest. Nintendo better start cracking down on this. It's bad enough that the online mode is watered down to basically nothing in the first place.

i tryed about 27 times to batle "against anyone" and wsnt sucessful

i played a lot of matches with friends it was fun!

Same problem with me. I thought it was my router. I can view spectator matches perfectly, completely lag free too. Someone add me to their list if they want a game of any kind. PM me for time I'm available.

5198-2104-9327

Last edited:
Yeah, I couldn't get any 'With Anyone' games going either, tried a lot of times. However, added some friend codes and that seemed to work alright, though with a bit of lag some times. Overall pretty smooth. I'm using wireless and the router is about two feet from the Wii. :p

At first I could get on the WFC and when I went to play anyone it would search for a while then I would get disconnected. THen I tryed again later and couldn't even get on the WFC!

some matches were so laggy it made shielding useless and its even worse when playing ganon because youre almost as slow as can be. all the matches i played w/4 people were way to laggy. i use wireless and we have road runner.

I wouldn't stress about it being Wifi. The problem is most likely on Nintendo's end, they are being hammered with people playing right now and that takes a huge toll on a server. They'll beef up and it'll resolve in a while. Keep in mind Wifi, even with a "moderate" signal still has much more bandwidth needed than what the game actually sends and receives for player interaction and movement. It's hard to explain but think of it this way, even with a moderate signal the communication speed of your wifi router to your wii will still be at least 2x as fast as your internet connection anyways (in most cases, not so if you have FiOS) so even if it's only "moderate" you should still play fine unless the problem is of course on Nintendo's end.

Poor signal quality or no signal quality is different, that means it is constantly trying to re-connect because it's dropping and that can effect game play. hth

I'm pretty frustrated as well. I have only tried playing with my friends who are like 35 miles away, and there was about a second lag which made playing pretty difficult, though not impossible. We had an 'orange' connection.
Then things seemed to pick up slightly to where it was fairly fun, and we had a 'yellow' connection, but then towards the end of a match, we got disconnected suddenly, which had happened three times to us total...
I have no idea if it's my wireless router going through walls, or if it's my friends connections, or Nintendo's problem, but they've had A LOT of time to prepare for this, and they'd better be able to fix it!
Me and my friends have been waiting for SO LONG to play online brawls, and our first experience was disappointing to say the least... :(

well i can connect to my internet with my ds from where my wii is,, so i guess that wouldnt be the prob but i havent got to actually play online yet which really sucks.

omg i could never find anyone
lags like crazy if i actually FIND a match
i get error codes
but when a spectate it finds people in like a split second =p
(my wi-fi is great)

What I don't understand is how Nintendo could not predict this! They had to know the game was going to be immensely popular and that they needed to go crazy with the servers.

They always seem to be terrible at predicting success, it seems.

Or is that just an excuse for laziness and poor implementation?

Back