I couldn't resist the dark side anymore

strommsarnac

WiiChat Member
Dec 28, 2006
USA, Central Ohio
I bought a 360Elite yesterday. I still have my Wii though.

Why the 360. Hmm, I'm seriously disappointed that online multiplayer is being poorly implemented. I've had the Wii since Dec 26 and the only freaking online game we have is Pokem Revolution (and that's my daughter's)

So, since my son and neighbor have a 360, now I can play games with friends online. Why don't I just use my son's? Well, it turns out the games I think are fun don't allow "on console" multiplay, only system-link or online.

Crackdown is a BLAST.

Oh and one sleeper 360 game which is a blast too - Earth Defense Force 2019. It's only single player or "on console" co-op split screen, but it's great mindless fun.

Many people on this site, including me, agree that XBox Live is much better than the Wii's current online play. PSNetwork is also decent. That's one thing the Wii needs to work on, it's online play.

Jangles said:
One night to beat it? Id say thats impossible...
Its not really that hard. You just have to kill a few people. I was kinda pissed off. I was staying over at my friends house and I thought that it would keep us entertained for a while, but it was just a waste of $10. I'm really glad I didn't buy it, because that is what I had planned on doing, I just decided to rent it first.

I guess you could do it if you know where each guy was..like played the game before are used a guide but the first day I played it I didnt even get out of the noob region didnt play the game that much though

I'm not one of those people who rushes through a game. You say you completed it in one night. I have to beg differences. Yes you killed all the bad bosses and kingpins, but you didn't max out your stats, complete all the races, collect all 500 agility orbs and 300 hidden orbs, or kill all the lackeys before going after the bosses.

No offense, but your method is like winning a hurdle race, only you didn't jump the hurdles you ran on the outside of them while everyone else jumped them.

strommsarnac said:
I'm not one of those people who rushes through a game. You say you completed it in one night. I have to beg differences. Yes you killed all the bad bosses and kingpins, but you didn't max out your stats, complete all the races, collect all 500 agility orbs and 300 hidden orbs, or kill all the lackeys before going after the bosses.

No offense, but your method is like winning a hurdle race, only you didn't jump the hurdles you ran on the outside of them while everyone else jumped them.
Eh, I would have done that if I was the only one there as I am an RPG fan and always spend tons of hours just leveling and stuff, but I was playing it with my friend and it wouldn't be too fun to watch each other build our skills. Besides it isn't very fun to level for no reason once you have already beat the main game. What would be the point of it? So that you can kick pedestrians over buildings?

Were you playing co-op with your friend or just him and you sitting in front of the console and him telling you what to do?

Reason I ask is having played the game and my watching my son play through it before I bought it, I can't see how you could even make it to a few of the bosses without getting your agility above 3 stars. That's not possible without collecting a bunch of orbs or running quite a few agility races. Unless you were playing co-op with someone who already has a 3+ guy and he helped out. Not to mention getting to Wang (the last big bad guy) takes a long time if you run the gaunlet inside the tower. Going up outside you have to have high agility.

Just wondering, how many hours do you mean by "in one night"?

I'm just curious if there's some tricks I might want to know about :)

strommsarnac said:
Were you playing co-op with your friend or just him and you sitting in front of the console and him telling you what to do?

Reason I ask is having played the game and my watching my son play through it before I bought it, I can't see how you could even make it to a few of the bosses without getting your agility above 3 stars. That's not possible without collecting a bunch of orbs or running quite a few agility races. Unless you were playing co-op with someone who already has a 3+ guy and he helped out. Not to mention getting to Wang (the last big bad guy) takes a long time if you run the gaunlet inside the tower. Going up outside you have to have high agility.

Just wondering, how many hours do you mean by "in one night"?

I'm just curious if there's some tricks I might want to know about :)

No, he only had one controller and I didn't think to take mine over so we just passed it off every once in a while. He did most of the boss things since he is much better at it than me. We probably had about two stars in everything once we got to the end though just from killing everybody and stuff. And by one night I mean probably about eight hours or something, I didn't keep track of the exact time.

Yay you're alive now! Congrats(I so far am still dead inside)! Yea Crackdown was a blast when I tried it at my friends! Gears too!

Wii's online play is utter crapola! Yay for Live because I'm going to be alive soon or partially(PS3)!

=] Thanks for listening!

Back