"I have three ps3's"

ericlewis91 said:
wow who cares

Ill tell you who cares damnit!
detailblueringbabyjesusas9.gif

Sovieto said:
1 thing to say
when you pay for gold
you pay for a promise for the game servers to stay open and for constant support via updates

Kind of like when you pay for a hooker and you get the promise of STDs?

I wonder if this explains xbox lives 14 hour down time last year or the hijackers or how recently people lost their accounts and account information to outside sources and those accounts were never fixed. http://arstechnica.com/journals/thu...osoft-hunts-down-xbox-live-scammers-hijackers

You pay for gold alright.

Sorry but paying extra for something doesnt equal better service.

Last edited:
Shiftfallout said:
THUNDERCUN7(T)
lol thats a #@%!ing hilarious name. Reminds me of my ex.

Thanks, I heard it on the pointless waste of time website

Is it? is it really a let down? Betamax technology is still used to this day in the film industry. The betacam is the first camcorder. What you see is the direct result of sony's creations. Though they might not have been popular in the consumer market, the professional market loved sonys tech and used it to create even better products. Personally i consider the betamax a success as it helped greatly in the film industry to then make those movies that later appeared on VHS.

While it's true that betamax found commercial success in the film industry, wouldn't you agree that as per its intended purpose (a mass market brand) it failed to live up to the expectations of the Sony team?

Though I do feel that blu-ray will eventually triumph over HD-DVD and become the accepted universal media format. I also think that Sony may have made a mistake in releasing it at this stage in the console wars. I reckon they could have done better by packaging it with the PS4.

Hopefully they will be able to retain enough exclusives and push the multi function capacity of the PS3 hard enough to make up for the ground they have lost so far (in terms of sales).

Also I'm really hoping a slimline version will show up soon, my cousin dislocated two of his toes when his PS3 fell on it lol.

Anyway, your thoughts?

Thundercun7 said:
Thanks, I heard it on the pointless waste of time website

While it's true that betamax found commercial success in the film industry, wouldn't you agree that as per its intended purpose (a mass market brand) it failed to live up to the expectations of the Sony team?

Though I do feel that blu-ray will eventually triumph over HD-DVD and become the accepted universal media format. I also think that Sony may have made a mistake in releasing it at this stage in the console wars. I reckon they could have done better by packaging it with the PS4.

Hopefully they will be able to retain enough exclusives and push the multi function capacity of the PS3 hard enough to make up for the ground they have lost so far (in terms of sales).

Also I'm really hoping a slimline version will show up soon, my cousin dislocated two of his toes when his PS3 fell on it lol.

Anyway, your thoughts?

Well I have always said that betamax wasnt popular with the consumer market, but to say it hasnt lived up to its expectations is going a bit far. The consumer betamax tapes were limited to 1 hour of tape, where as VHS had much more. In this case, its safe to say the VHS is a lot like the Blue Ray dvd. Betamax was partially created to give the consumer control of the medium, thus the first camcorder appeared "the betacam". Sony was one step ahead of the game, unfortunately that more space was needed more than the betamax's versatility within the consumer market, but it was needed more in the professional market. I would say betamax has contributed a lot to where we are today. Camcorders, film and tv. One type of technology does not have to have a consumer success to have a possitive effect within the consumer and professional market.

The reason Blue ray will triumph over HD-DVD as well is because HDDVD uses regular dvd technology, but that technology can only go so far. They are really pushing the limits with HDdvd, where as Blue Ray is the next step in DVD technology and can go forward so much more. The "blue ray" is able to read much more microdata than the normal dvd laser. DVD has no future, it has played its part and has contributed greatly, but it can only go so far before we have to move on.

Sony could hold onto exclusives but many they choose not to. Exclusives cost money to keep, and I think sony feels that its better for developer and for them that games go multi-platform. If microsoft wants to throw away a lot of money to get titles like DMC from going multiplatform, they are more than welcome to but I think Sony knows that with Blue ray able to offer more game and online services than their competitors, those picking multiplatform titles would rather buy them on the PS3 over the 360.

We can see this with HOME and how whe you buy a game, online goods become available to you. Incentive (every company uses it and sony is taking it to the next level). Games like the Darkness allow for more content on the Blue ray, so even though its coming out on the 360 and PS3, the PS3 will have more content to experience in the game. I would rather play the one with more content. Then you consider the motion sensing controller where one console has it, the other does not and the free online play. Sony realizes that they do not have to pay to keep exclusives when its obvious one platform has more to offer than the other.

Of course games like MGS4 and Final Fantasy can only run on the PS3 because they require the next gen capabilities that only the PS3 is capable of. Sony has expected that developers, the real ambitious ones will make games to the farthest of their capabilties and thus limiting those titles to the most advanced system on the market. The ps3. Games like GTA4 cost so much to develope that Sony agrees that going multiplatform is the best and safest option for Rockstar.

The PS3 will drastically pick up in sales, but right now very few of their projects are released yet, and untill they are, its expected that not many would buy the system. Sony does not expect it to sell like hot cakes untill they release the incentives (games and features) they have been working on for so long. Sony also admitted to saving the price cuts untill some of their bigger titles will come out.

As for your friend getting hurt by a PS3, hes a dumbass. lol How do you drop a PS3 on yourself like that? The same thing would have happened with a 360 or anything similar in size. Personally I hate slim versions, they break easier and are only needed for those who like compact things. Hope they are driving a mini.

I've read endless articles about how Sony WILL NOT drop there price, there already 200 bucks in the hole with the PS3 as it is.

You will absolutely not see a drop in PS3 price anytime soon. This has been noted on many gaming websites.

For someone who reads so many articles, you sure do have an obscure persepctive of the whole situation.

Infact, i'd like to see you prove to me Shiftallout, where Sony plans on dropping the PS3 price ?

It was noted by numerous gaming websites, that even if Sony were to drop there price,(which they cant afford to) the 360 would simply drop theres also, canceling out any progress Sony would try to make. Sony is between a rock and a hard place.

Last edited:
Shiftfallout said:
Ill tell you who cares damnit!
detailblueringbabyjesusas9.gif

Kind of like when you pay for a hooker and you get the promise of STDs?

I wonder if this explains xbox lives 14 hour down time last year or the hijackers or how recently people lost their accounts and account information to outside sources and those accounts were never fixed. http://arstechnica.com/journals/thu...osoft-hunts-down-xbox-live-scammers-hijackers

You pay for gold alright.

Sorry but paying extra for something doesnt equal better service.
they solved the problems though fast as possible
it wasnt their fault

Well I have always said that betamax wasnt popular with the consumer market, but to say it hasnt lived up to its expectations is going a bit far. The consumer betamax tapes were limited to 1 hour of tape, where as VHS had much more. In this case, its safe to say the VHS is a lot like the Blue Ray dvd. Betamax was partially created to give the consumer control of the medium, thus the first camcorder appeared "the betacam". Sony was one step ahead of the game, unfortunately that more space was needed more than the betamax's versatility within the consumer market, but it was needed more in the professional market. I would say betamax has contributed a lot to where we are today. Camcorders, film and tv. One type of technology does not have to have a consumer success to have a possitive effect within the consumer and professional market.

Too.......much........text to argue........must agree.:sick:

The reason Blue ray will triumph over HD-DVD as well is because HDDVD uses regular dvd technology, but that technology can only go so far. They are really pushing the limits with HDdvd, where as Blue Ray is the next step in DVD technology and can go forward so much more. The "blue ray" is able to read much more microdata than the normal dvd laser. DVD has no future, it has played its part and has contributed greatly, but it can only go so far before we have to move on.

I know this is true, I never argued that Blu-ray is most likely the way forward in the format wars. Of course eventually a Blu-Ray player will cost no more than todays DVD players do, but I think Sony may have underestimated how far off this period is.

Sony could hold onto exclusives but many they choose not to. Exclusives cost money to keep, and I think sony feels that its better for developer and for them that games go multi-platform. If microsoft wants to throw away a lot of money to get titles like DMC from going multiplatform, they are more than welcome to but I think Sony knows that with Blue ray able to offer more game and online services than their competitors, those picking multiplatform titles would rather buy them on the PS3 over the 360.

Whilst high profile exclusives are slippery buggers to hold on to, the past has shown us that they've proven to be one of the major, if not the deciding factor in a consoles long term success.

The PS3 will drastically pick up in sales, but right now very few of their projects are released yet, and untill they are, its expected that not many would buy the system. Sony does not expect it to sell like hot cakes untill they release the incentives (games and features) they have been working on for so long. Sony also admitted to saving the price cuts untill some of their bigger titles will come out.

Its true that a weak start does not equal a weak finish. However I worry that by the time Sony have created real incentives for gamers to own a PS3 (and incidentally around the time that the Blu-Ray becomes mainstream), they will have already lost a portion of the market too large to recover from. Hopefully that price cut will show up soon.

As for your friend getting hurt by a PS3, hes a dumbass. lol How do you drop a PS3 on yourself like that? The same thing would have happened with a 360 or anything similar in size. Personally I hate slim versions, they break easier and are only needed for those who like compact things. Hope they are driving a mini.

Hey give him a break, a wobbly cabinet was to blame :smilewinkgrin: , and after all It's a kilo shy of being 5x the weight of the Wii. I'm just glad it didn't land on his head.
On a more serious note I think its extremely possible that the mammoth size of the PS3 contributed to the lagging sales in Japan. This may sound flimsy but if you've ever been to japan you will know how tight they are for space around there. They compact everything in together as tightly as they can (you ever seen the sleeping tube hotels? weird as hell). The more compact design of the Wii seems to be hitting all the right demographics in Japan.

I know th PS3 has a hell of a lot more things going on in there, but I reckon if they really want to shift units in japan, they're gonna hafta make a slightly more wee version of it. (small not Wii like :lol: )

BTW the stuff i didn't quote you on i agree with :smilewinkgrin:

SFO, you're starting to look like a fanboy. Though I didn't read what started this, you're obviously against paying for online. Even if you do have to pay for XBL Gold, that doesn't mean the PS3 is better or whateverthe**** point you're trying to get across. Besides... I only have Silver and I'm loving my console, so... o_O;; Actually, I kind of lost the point I was trying to make and got yours.

If what you're saying is that Gold isn't that much better, I'd have to agree, with the exclusion of online play for retail games. I'm still gonna get it, but only so I can play online with F.E.A.R. ((Which I'm borrowing from a friend)) and GoW if I get it. Other than that, I suppose I'll play some Halo 2 online. >.>
Now I'm just ranting...
Anyway, yeah. So, what's the point everyone's trying to prove?

Kumoriken said:
SFO, you're starting to look like a fanboy. Though I didn't read what started this, you're obviously against paying for online. Even if you do have to pay for XBL Gold, that doesn't mean the PS3 is better or whateverthe**** point you're trying to get across. Besides... I only have Silver and I'm loving my console, so... o_O;; Actually, I kind of lost the point I was trying to make and got yours.

If what you're saying is that Gold isn't that much better, I'd have to agree, with the exclusion of online play for retail games. I'm still gonna get it, but only so I can play online with F.E.A.R. ((Which I'm borrowing from a friend)) and GoW if I get it. Other than that, I suppose I'll play some Halo 2 online. >.>
Now I'm just ranting...
Anyway, yeah. So, what's the point everyone's trying to prove?

No, what I am saying is that just because you pay for a service doesnt make it better that a service offered for free. Just because you pay for xbox live it doesnt mean it wont have down time or problems. The point is, if you pay for xbox live you are going to end up paying the price of the PS3 anyways since their service is free.

Dont jump the gun, if you read my posts you would know im no fanboy.

As for paying online, Im not against it. I play MMORPGs with their 15$ a month fees, I pay for webhosting thats 10 bucks a month.. basically I pay already over a 100$ every month for services. What you need to realize is that playing online with a console is rediculous when you consider you already pay for the isp. Then if you pay for xboxlive, and then say you play a mmorpg with a charge. You are being charged 3 times just to play one game. Theres a big money sink with the 360, im not against it per say, but i think people should have at least have the balls to admit it exists and that they will rack up charges that will cost them more than the PS3, which coincidentally they complain about because of the price.

See the logic in this?

Shiftfallout said:
What you need to realize is that playing online with a console is rediculous when you consider you already pay for the isp. Then if you pay for xboxlive, and then say you play a mmorpg with a charge. You are being charged 3 times just to play one game.

Actually... with the Xbox you don't have to buy Xbox live subscription to play MMOGP games - you only have to pay for the sub for the acutal game

- read the xbox live silver manual ^^

Shiftfallout said:
No, what I am saying is that just because you pay for a service doesnt make it better that a service offered for free. Just because you pay for xbox live it doesnt mean it wont have down time or problems. The point is, if you pay for xbox live you are going to end up paying the price of the PS3 anyways since their service is free.

Dont jump the gun, if you read my posts you would know im no fanboy.

As for paying online, Im not against it. I play MMORPGs with their 15$ a month fees, I pay for webhosting thats 10 bucks a month.. basically I pay already over a 100$ every month for services. What you need to realize is that playing online with a console is rediculous when you consider you already pay for the isp. Then if you pay for xboxlive, and then say you play a mmorpg with a charge. You are being charged 3 times just to play one game. Theres a big money sink with the 360, im not against it per say, but i think people should have at least have the balls to admit it exists and that they will rack up charges that will cost them more than the PS3, which coincidentally they complain about because of the price.

See the logic in this?

Yeah, I see the logic.
But you'd have to have four years of XBL Gold if you buy the Premium 360 to pay the price of a PS3. Actually, about four years and four months. 13-month Gold Cards are $50.00.

I only saw 3 ps3 cases. He never turned them on to prove they worked or anything. Maybe he just swiped them from some store that had them up like those fake cell phones you see on display at cell phone stores. :p

ZiG said:
I only saw 3 ps3 cases. He never turned them on to prove they worked or anything. Maybe he just swiped them from some store that had them up like those fake cell phones you see on display at cell phone stores. :p
hmmmm... you are probably right. unless daddy just bought them for him.:lol:

zachp18 said:
hmmmm... you are probably right. unless daddy just bought them for him.:lol:

or all his friends had one and they got together to make the film which seems the most likely situation.

Back