If you were offerd the game right now, how much would you pay?

Mingus said:
Wait, so you use British pounds? because I thought you were using Euro
Still using Pound Sterling (being from England).

Many other European countries have adopted the Euro. Spain technically adopted the Euro before Resident Evil 4 was made or set, so technically, nobody should have accepted Leon's collected Pesetas...

I probably wouldn't bid for it either. I know that I want the game when it is released, but I can wait patiently until the release date, rather than rush into things.

I wouldnt buy it 'till it got released. I like to watch the anticipation of others while I just say (it's just a game, lol)

Last edited:
Mingus said:
So you pay 30-35 British Pounds for a video game normally?

Depends on the console and game.

£35 is average for a wii game

£35 - 40 is average for 360

PS3 is like £40 - 45

Those are just basic thoughts from the top of my head, I may be wrong.

Cpt.McCloud said:

PS3 is like £40 - 45

Sounds about right to me.

Although as I stated earlier, that Tesco's usually chops off around a fiver per Wii game (so it's basically £30 average Wii game at Tesco).

Cpt.McCloud said:

PS3 is like £40 - 45

Yeah, those are the normal prices. But I have seen some games in GameStation for the 360 costing as much as £49.99.

Squall7 said:
Sounds about right to me.

Although as I stated earlier, that Tesco's usually chops off around a fiver per Wii game (so it's basically £30 average Wii Wii game at Tesco).

Well it depends really, on the game on such.

Tesco knocks the £5 of the RRP which is about £40 for a wii game, no one sells wii for that much, they just say it is that much to make their prices to seem good. Tesco also follows that. I normally use Play.com for my games, they seem cheaper then Tesco to me, sometimes I will buy from Tesco.

Cpt.McCloud said:
Well it depends really, on the game on such.

Tesco knocks the £5 of the RRP which is about £40 for a wii game, no one sells wii for that much, they just say it is that much to make their prices to seem good. Tesco also follows that. I normally use Play.com for my games, they seem cheaper then Tesco to me, sometimes I will buy from Tesco.
Meh, usually, I only use play.com when it's signiciantly cheaper online, than on high street.

Otherwise, I prefer to have what I bought in front of me, from the moment I pay for it.

I usually have to use milliways card to buy things, but I'm hoping to get a Visa Electron Debit card when I get my next lot of Student Loan in, so it'll be easier for me to buy stuff.

Well then your games are more expensive than here in America because new games are always $50.00 (with an exception to RE:4) that should mean your games cost about 25 British Pounds (don't have the pound money sign on keyboard) But instead it's much more. So not only do you get games almost always later in the UK but they cost more aswell. Sounds like you got the short end of the stick my friend.

meh, I'd wait. I'm rather enjoying the slow build-up of info, and the ridiculous amount of predictions going on. Besides, if it has online it'll be best to have it at the same time as all of you guys. :)

....>.>....<.<.... Besides, I already bought it, and to spend that money again? uuuuug.

Mingus said:
Well then your games are more expensive than here in America because new games are always $50.00 (with an exception to RE:4) that should mean your games cost about 25 British Pounds (don't have the pound money sign on keyboard) But instead it's much more.
I think I got it for around £30 at GAME. Not bad, considering the Gamecube verion was still like £25 second hand...

So not only do you get games almost always later in the UK but they cost more aswell. Sounds like you got the short end of the stick my friend.
Indeed we have. Though, because of the extra cost on translation, I could see it being inevitable, but even then, they wouldnt' get that much per copy sold. I think maybe it could be something to do with the amount of tax we pay.

Also, it means that we get a lot of stuff imported. It's not uncommon to walk into a local game store (Console Connections for example) and see a NTSC version of something being sold.

Back