IGN Reviews Medal of Honor: Vanguard

Homesrfan

ftw
Nov 1, 2006
http://wii.ign.com/articles/776/776038p1.html
Lower than expected. But it sounds as if Matt isn't taking any crap in this review, and I like that. He says we shouldn't have to suffer better graphics for worse gameplay. He also makes many comments that we can expect better graphics for Wii. He also complains about online (which I don't think he should considering Nintendo is keeping it for themselves until June 25).

My dad is still picking it up I think so I'll play it and write my own review.

i have been waiting for there review.. its not bad 7 out of 10... he said muliplayer isnt that bad. and if i u can get used the controls u will like it.. will i buy it? idk.. i will wait for more reviews.. do i believe ign? somewhat, i look at all reviews, ebgames, on the forums, ign etc. for example. ign rated cooking mama a 5 i belive, ebgames has it for 4-5 starts and that with many ppl grading it... i will have to wait and see.

if u watch the "How too" video where the person is playing, it looks like fun game.

if u watch the "How too" video where the person is playing, it looks like fun game.[/QUOTE]
Yea, u right, but wat i dont understand is y it got a 7-10, oh wel might as wel check out other reviews just to make sure ign, isnt just saying stuff!:frown2:

well b/c ign grades it from everything..we play games and enjoy them. Ign gets them and inspects the controls completely. for ign, they look at it for every angle, the graphics, the controls. if something isnt good about them, they lower there grade for that game. But for some of us, we might not even notice. if i bought this game w/o reading the review. then after playing the game, read there review, i bet i would be like, didnt notice that..

i don't really trust websites, even big ones like ign, when i look for reviews. they're all about comparing it to other games and trying to point out the flaws. i usually look at player reviews. then again, they're not so trustworthy, but they always point out what's good about a game. so i look at the bad from the "experts" and the good from the players, and then make my decision. but a 7/10 is basically like an 8.5/10 from a player.

FWELR said:
i don't really trust websites, even big ones like ign, when i look for reviews. they're all about comparing it to other games and trying to point out the flaws. i usually look at player reviews. then again, they're not so trustworthy, but they always point out what's good about a game. so i look at the bad from the "experts" and the good from the players, and then make my decision. but a 7/10 is basically like an 8.5/10 from a player.

r u going to get this game?

Wiitime said:
r u going to get this game?

im waiting for letitburn's review. but probably, yeah. unless he says he already beat it in the 3 hours he played it.

I can't justify getting another FPS unless this has vehicles in Mutiplayer so???

I too hate how reviewers deduct points for no online play. Its truly retarted as the developers don't have that option yet.

The controls look good. Turning is slightly slower than CoD3, which I think is better (less spinning out of control) plus, 180 quick turns, and grenade throwing. Although it has been rated 0.7 worse than CoD3 on IGN, I think it will be better. Matt of IGN has been a bit mean lately, I'm gunna pick this game up.

The game sounds pretty good. But you the gamer need to judge for yourself if you really want the game. Reviewers aren't gods you know.

Personally I think as a developer if I was making a game that had the possibility of good online play I wouldn't release it till I was allowed to integrate online. But then again, you can release one now, and another a year from now with online and make more money. I suppose that is more of a concern than the quality of the game sometimes.

Back