I'll allow no more discouragement about the wii!

Wii_would_like_to_play

Got Wii December 24th.
Dec 25, 2006
People have been saying how wii isn't what we expected.It hasn't come out with the news channel yet...BIG WOOF!It is coming out Jan.27th.Another thing,people have been saying how all the internet features are slow and i can explain that in only 4 words:BAD INTERNET CONNECTION SPEED!And no online enabled games came out yet,COMING OUT AROUND JANUARY!DING DING DING DING DING!And the forecast channel,don't even get me started...oops...too late:WEATHER WILL NEVER BE 100% CORRECT!DUH!

You guys don't know what ur talking about.:eek:ut: :incazzato: :ciappa:

I guess I have a couple questions.

1. Why do people really care that much about the News/weather/etc. channels? Seems a bit duplicitous to be wanting to go on a news channel, when you could just as easily use a computer, which you can type MUCH faster on anyway. Have people really gotten that lazy that they can't just walk to a computer?

2. Isn't the primary function of this system to be about video games? If I wanted the news I'd turn on the TV or go to my 'puter. I want to playa goddamn game if I'm playing on a console.

3. With all the people clamoring to get the internet functions rushed out soon, did they honestly expect that there'd be Zero issues when it came online?

Wii_would_like_to_play said:
,people have been saying how all the internet features are slow and i can explain that in only 4 words:BAD INTERNET CONNECTION SPEED!:eek:ut: :incazzato: :ciappa:

Even though the internet is kind of a novelty I have found it to work fine. It is very fast on my system since I have a very fast dsl connection. The use of the zoom and the single column option make it easy to read the screen. All and all, I think it actually works better than webtv did.

they prolly wanted the wii to be released the same time as the ps3, and if they had put in the channels and online, we wouldnt have our wiis right now

Keep in mind that the internet channel is just the beta version of opera. The full version will be released in a few months.

Back