Why the Wii cant be the best selling system until the end of 08!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerrodDRagon

Wii New and Reviews
Nov 28, 2006
TO
Wii Online Code
8369-4137-0402-8056
Sadly my dream of having the Wii as the top selling system by the end of 07/ beginning of 08 can not come true because of the Black 360 or the Elite. Now as of right now the Wii is about 5 million units below the 360 (pretty impressive since the Wii's just been out for 5 months now and the 360 is 17 months old)

But with this new 360 coming out it will bust the 360's sales for the summer and in the fall Halo 3 comes out and thats when people like me will be buying a 360 (people who are really only buying the 360 for that game)

Another reason the Wii will and cannot out the 360 is because Super Smash is not coming out until next Spring/summer. You may be saying "no your wrong they said it would be out this year" your kindling your self first off look at all the Wii games ALMOST all the games have been pushed back here's a short list of games that have been pushed back from there original
1) Prince of Persia
2) Marotal Kombat
3) Dragon Quest
4) Mario Strikers
5) Mario Party
6) Mario Galaxy

Plus Metriod may have been pushed back from Q2 of this year to Q1 of next year. And if games like Mario and Metriod, games that were almost finished at last years E3 are getting pushed back 5-7 months games like Super Smash WHICH has yet to have any real game play shown has almost no chance of coming out this year.

So for a couple of reason the Wii can not be the best selling system until late 2008.

Last edited:
smash has already had 2 gameplay vids released, you dont know what your talking about

Stranger said:
smash has already had 2 gameplay vids released, you dont know what your talking about
Flashy trailors don't count for **** except to show concepts and we already know what it's about.

Those trailors don't proove anything... They may not even have a menu screen or working controls for the game... Notice the hud is gone too? Key indicator that it's not "in-game"

Untill we see people sitting in front of a tv using the Wii controllers to play the game (like E3 w/Mario and Metroid) then there is no point in super-hyping the game.

I agree with the games part... I have a wii. With Wii sports/play thats it... I don't even want my wii anymore. Nintendo angers me sometimes. :mad:

I will probaly get Xbox 360 Elite. then next year when the wii finaly releases some games I want I will start playing my wii agian.

No offense, but the 360 Elite and the original 360 shouldn't be counted as the same machine.

If they're going to name it different, it should be counted as different.

Otherwise, they better come out with a 120GB upgrade for like $100.00. Cause if they don't, they're really going to piss off their current base.

ilikecookies said:
I agree with the games part... I have a wii. With Wii sports/play thats it... I don't even want my wii anymore. Nintendo angers me sometimes. :mad:

I will probaly get Xbox 360 Elite. then next year when the wii finaly releases some games I want I will start playing my wii agian.
It's not like they released The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess or anything :D

But seriously why haven't you played that game? It is amazing! Plus you might want to try WarioWare because I heard it is pretty good too.

To the guy who made this thread.#1 cry me a river #2 learn to spell

maddmaxx46 said:
It's not like they released The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess or anything :D

But seriously why haven't you played that game? It is amazing! Plus you might want to try WarioWare because I heard it is pretty good too.

I rented wario ware beat it right away really fun but got boring realllly fast.

as for LoZ: TP I got the secound piece of twilight mirror and my brother deleted my file ( I borrowed game from friend after that I gave it back)

strommsarnac said:
No offense, but the 360 Elite and the original 360 shouldn't be counted as the same machine.

If they're going to name it different, it should be counted as different.

Otherwise, they better come out with a 120GB upgrade for like $100.00. Cause if they don't, they're really going to piss off their current base.
Well it is its a 360 with more memory its like if a new Black Wii came out with 20 GBs it would still be a Wii but it would have more memory its still the same system.

Do not be certain of this. There is a chance that the Wii will be the top-selling console this year. Any speculation we make is at best a educated prediction. So don't go around saying "The Wii can't do this" because it could surprise you.

Typical people not responding when they know they are wrong anyway I don't think Elite will attract as many as predicted don't get me wrong it will even it out with the Wii but it will not be as big as Halo which will have a huge buying spree but it will not last for more than 4 months

ilikecookies said:
I rented wario ware beat it right away really fun but got boring realllly fast.

as for LoZ: TP I got the secound piece of twilight mirror and my brother deleted my file ( I borrowed game from friend after that I gave it back)
Oh, that sucks. Well I was just curious. At least you have Super Paper Mario coming out soon...

Btw, have you tried Trauma Center as well? That might be the next game I get unless Super Paper Mario gets great reviews.

RedProdigy said:
Do not be certain of this. There is a chance that the Wii will be the top-selling console this year. Any speculation we make is at best a educated prediction. So don't go around saying "The Wii can't do this" because it could surprise you.
Im not saying the Wii wont sell but look at it like this first the whole summer people will be buying 360s and Elites (and Elites will sell out) then in October the Halo craze will come in to play and have alot of people that were waiting for Halo 3 to buy either a Elite/360 then we have Christmas time. So from April on I cant see the 360's not being sold left and right and since they already have a 5 million unit lead over the Wii its imposable for the Wii to have sold as many units as the 360. I have no doubts the Wii will sell but the 360 will sell just as many with its 3 types of 360's.

JerrodDRagon said:
Im not saying the Wii wont sell but look at it like this first the whole summer people will be buying 360s and Elites (and Elites will sell out) then in October the Halo craze will come in to play and have alot of people that were waiting for Halo 3 to buy either a Elite/360 then we have Christmas time. So from April on I cant see the 360's not being sold left and right and since they already have a 5 million unit lead over the Wii its imposable for the Wii to have sold as many units as the 360. I have no doubts the Wii will sell but the 360 will sell just as many with its 3 types of 360's.
Everyone know wants an xbox has an xbox:tard:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back