Sell Wii For 360?

Sovieto said:
are you talking about the 360 or the wii there. cause i dont think it could be 360 with gears of war, bioshock, and mass effect..

but yeah id like to see a whole new genre... but thats how every product and everything in the world goes, an improvement on the old.

Im talking about for all of them,PS3,Wii,360.
Even though we are getting "new" games on and off, they really arn't new, they are just new storys and the same exact gameplay and setup that we have had for years!
So far the best thing at change we have had is better visuals, and change to the controll interfaces. I don't know if Big publishers just arn't willing to take the risk, or if dev's honestly have ran out of new ideas.

wezeles said:
Im talking about for all of them,PS3,Wii,360.
Even though we are getting "new" games on and off, they really arn't new, they are just new storys and the same exact gameplay and setup that we have had for years!
So far the best thing at change we have had is better visuals, and change to the controll interfaces. I don't know if Big publishers just arn't willing to take the risk, or if dev's honestly have ran out of new ideas.
pff there was nothing like gears of war last generation. besides that... guess youre right.

You remind me of a young Prince Wiired :')
I had a Wii for a couple of months after the release date, sold it for a 360. Haven't really regretted it. Wish I have Brawl, but £180 just to get Brawl which is crap online seems a bit silly. So sell up, get a 360, and let me pown you :)

wezeles said:
People have a misconception when it comes to computer gaming. Now sure you will have the best experience to get the biggest beefiest unit on the market, it will last you a while and you don't have any bumps if its a borederline issue. But for most computers and the popular games they have a good 6 year range of use if not longer, same as most consoles.

Most computers, even budget computers are pretty packed full of goodies these days for a low price. I paid 365 for my computer 3 years ago and it still plays most 90% of games today. All I did when I bought it was also bought a 100 dollar video card at the time to match the games. In order for me to play Cod:4 it would be the same thing, all I would need is a good 75-100 dollar video card and I'm set on basic requirements. Thats pretty good considering it's been 3 years since I purchased my last one, and that upgrade should be able to let me go about another 3 years.

Here is what you would need for Cod:4

Required
Operating System: Windows XP
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 2800+ processor or any 1.8Ghz Dual Core Processor or better supported
RAM: 512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista)
Video Card: NVIDIA Geforce 6600 or better or ATI Radeon 9800 Pro or better

Recommended
Operating System: Windows 2000/XP/Vista
Processor: 2.4 GHz dual core or better
RAM: 1G for XP; 2G for Vista
Video Card: 3.0 Shader Support recommended. Nvidia Geforce 7800 or better or ATI Radeon X1800 or better

A good chunk of people should have the basic if not full requirements for the game if they picked up thier computer in the last couple years. At most you have to just upgrade the Video Card, Maybe add some more ram and your done. When you figure in everything else you do on your computer, it really only cost you about 200-300 dollars every 6 years to be able to do the majority of gaming on your computer and have it up to date. Thats acctually cheeper than most consoles when you figure in a new generation of graphics. Of course there are a few games that go way above and beyond the current specs of computers that you acctually need some hardcore gaming computer for, but thats the minority of games.
You only have to pay the bucks if you want top of the line before its even standard for the games, to keep up with current standards is pretty cheep.

Your talking about someoe who buys a cheap PC with a good processor and then buys video card and RAM to actually make it good. Or someone who buys the case and basically builds the PC himself, but this would require some know how.

Im not disagreeing with you because I know if you basically build your own by buying parts you can really buy a good computer at a cheap price.

How good does the processor have to be and how much does the processor actually play a role in gaming? Some people have said that you can have an old Intel Pentium 3 or something and still run games at high specs with a good graphic card and RAM. Someone also said graphic cards is what really matters.

Lets say I wanted to get a computer to run games like Gears of War/Bioshock/UT3, how would I go about doing that and how much do you think it would cost? Also I don't mean minimum specs, I mean for it to atleast look like the 360.

The game is going to look the same pretty much no matter what unless in the game itself has different resolution options it will always try to play the game at a set level.
If your computer has enough "go" to play the game at that level is another question. lol

I would agree the the most important thing you need for a PC game is the ram and video card because they do a good chunk of the workload. Honestly its all going to depend on how well you maintain your PC for most cases.
The reason hard core PC gamers go all out and buy top of the line is because it takes all the guess work out of it. Overpower the game and the game won't give you fuss, if its more borderline then you might have to tweak a few things to get it to work but it will still.

The game will try to look the same if you leave the settings at default. But if you have bad framerate you have to change settings like texture, shadows, etc. etc. on low which end up making the game look ugly as hell. You could have Bioshock looking like something from the N64. Some people may think "so what? graphics aren't everything" but some games like Bioshock are designed to be immersive with visuals that it really puts you into character.

Anyway, the point is, PC gaming is very very complex whether it comes to having the right system requirements, to updating your video card every year because the new games won't work right to stupid little things that cetain video cards have conflicts with certain games. For example if a game requires 3.0 pixel shaders but your video card only supports 2.0. It's alot of crap that im not even sure about because I gave up on PC gaming because it was costly and there would always be some kind of conflict with the PC and the games.

I was able to run Bioshock on all max settings using a 1.8ghz intel 4300, 8800gts 320mb and 2gb of memory. I think my PC is worth about $700-800 currently.

Back