Why the Wii cant be the best selling system until the end of 08!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WiiZero said:
Typical people not responding when they know they are wrong anyway I don't think Elite will attract as many as predicted don't get me wrong it will even it out with the Wii but it will not be as big as Halo which will have a huge buying spree but it will not last for more than 4 months

i think you are talking out of your *** :ciappa:

Last edited:
StevenNevets said:
Everyone know wants an xbox has an xbox:tard:
no
there are TONS of people out there, and quite a few i know, that still only have XBOX 1s, and they are waiting till halo 3 comes out to get a 360

when you rly think about it wouldn't you only count sells from after the wii released if you wanted to find out winning of the console wars? would make it fairer imo, but thats not the point. i dont think the xbox 360 high sells will rly do anything but motivate nintendo to pick up the game (hopefully O_O ) and if not, at least that wont stop me from enjoying my wii (no way i CAN get a 360 anyways so no use for me agonizing over it :) )

my friend, the elite will improve Xbox slightly, but it just isnt good enough to out run wii...apart from cooling ystem, the elite is just an ordinary 36.

I think the Elite will damage Ps3 sales more, or at least i think thats what it's aim is. PS3 and XB360 attract a slightly different audience to the Wii.

E3 will soon be aproaching again, and i think people will realise that nintendo are not a one-trick pony.

MasterJedi2U said:
You have no idea what you're talking about.
So your telling me the elite wont sell out? Your telling me we wont see a huge amout of 306's being broought beofore Halo 3 and at christmas.
AND ONCE AGAIN, Im not saying that the 360 will effect how the Wii is sold BUT Im saying that there's no way Nintendo can sell more Wii's sTHIS YEAR or UNTL christrmas 08. Since
1) it started late
2) the 360 elite
3) HAlo 3

I like the 360 and I've wanted one since I got my Wii [My mate has one and it's just class]
But TBH if people are only getting an Xbox for 1 game, Thats lame...

JerrodDRagon said:
So your telling me the elite wont sell out? Your telling me we wont see a huge amout of 306's being broought beofore Halo 3 and at christmas.
AND ONCE AGAIN, Im not saying that the 360 will effect how the Wii is sold BUT Im saying that there's no way Nintendo can sell more Wii's sTHIS YEAR or UNTL christrmas 08. Since
1) it started late
2) the 360 elite
3) HAlo 3

NO...I'm saying you "have no idea what you're talking about". Almost 90% of the words I just quoted DID NOT occur in my post. What I'm saying is that the Elite might do well but Microsoft still has to convince people that its worth the money. Cuz right now its just a bigger hard drive...thats it. It doesn't run cooler according to other sources because they didn't put in some specific chip. There are strict limits on transferring data from a 20G hard drive to the new 120G one. The graphics haven't improved. Theres NO HD DVD drive. And to top it all off I read on Joystiq that when asked about if Microsoft plans on bringing out ANOTHER new version of the 360 down the line that it wouldn't be out of the question and it depends on the technology or some bs. Right now I think a lot of 360 supporters might like the console but are kinda mad at Microsoft for bringing out this model. I'm still wishwashy about it. I'm going to do more research and find out as much as possible before I make a decision on whether to buy it or not. Yes Halo 3 is coming out. But so are a lot of games for Nintendo. And while Halo 3 will sell some more units for Microsoft it won't be as much IMO because a lot of people who want to play Halo probably got it at launch since they knew it was coming.

He's right.
Though why buy a console for 1 Game? And im sure the Elite will do fine. It's better than the Original Xbox and it's Black.
People will have an Original or the Elite. Not many Xbox users will switch over there's no point, 20b is good enough anyways...

imae said:
E3 will soon be aproaching again, and i think people will realise that nintendo are not a one-trick pony.

:) People already know that, Nintendo have been in the business since 1889.

and have the best selling game in history

Xbox Elite won't sell very well. They've confirmed a 120gig hardrive for the original 360 for $150-$200. That will sell but the elite won't

It seems as if you are trying to compare the entire existence of the 360 (17 months) to the existence of the Wii (5 months). The 360 was out an entire year before the Wii. Of coarse the Wii is going to be behind that is obvious. If you want to compare Wii sales to the 360 or even the PS3 you need to focus on 1 single calender year. At the end of the year take a look at sale for all 3 systems and compare the numbers then. (January 1, 2007 to December 31, 2007. That is the only way you can compare sales numbers between the 3 systems. If you want to compare total sales you need to look at a larger area of time like 2 years or 5 years.

JerrodDRagon said:
Well it is its a 360 with more memory its like if a new Black Wii came out with 20 GBs it would still be a Wii but it would have more memory its still the same system.

So then the 360 should be counted as xBox sales. Cause it's just an original xBox with a faster processor, better GPU, updated OS, etc. It still runs xBox games, so that means it's still an xBox, right?

See my point? It's marketing, plain and simple. How many normal people that own a 360 are going to go out and buy one? Not many that I know of. The ones that want the extra space will simply wait for the larger add-on drive.

strommsarnac said:
No offense, but the 360 Elite and the original 360 shouldn't be counted as the same machine.

If they're going to name it different, it should be counted as different.

Otherwise, they better come out with a 120GB upgrade for like $100.00. Cause if they don't, they're really going to piss off their current base.

well thats like saying that the original ps2 and the new slim one are two diffrent systems....they both have everything the same except for the size.
same with the playstation and the slimmer one....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back