Inserting a disc

lol when i first got my sega saturn i used to put 2 discs in to try and combine bits of games and unfortunately it broke both discs and the saturn.

motherbrainrulez said:
lol when i first got my sega saturn i used to put 2 discs in to try and combine bits of games and unfortunately it broke both discs and the saturn.

Rofl.:lol:

motherbrainrulez said:
Yes that is the downfall with the Sega saturn, But anyways, If you think about the GC disk put that in and then see what way then insert the Wii disk the same way.

this, happened with me trying to use a dvd for the GC, the cd broke of course, how stupid! :(

+Maniacal=Maniac+ said:
How Can A DVD Disc Fit In The GC!?

Well, people buy custom replacement cases for the GC so they can play their burned DVD size GC games. Since mini DVD-R's are harder to get and all.

Edit: Here's a short video of Wii ejecting a disc: http://youtube.com/watch?v=QYNZ90kB2wk
I apologize if this link is already posted :rolleyes:

Attachments

• viper-gc-case-big2.jpg
    viper-gc-case-big2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Mr_Stoukaph said:
it would be cool if a company made it so that if you put the disc in the wrong way, you would unlock something or play a secret level :D

Good idea but wouldnt that be possible since they said that Wii discs might be 'Double layered' !!Hint Hint!!

TideElysium said:
Good idea but wouldnt that be possible since they said that Wii discs might be 'Double layered' !!Hint Hint!!

Dual layer DVDs look exactly like a regular DVD. Dual layer DVDs have two layers only on the one of the sides. I have heard that a company created a SIX layer Blu-Ray disc :arf: .

Attachments

• Fig1_crosssection.jpg
    Fig1_crosssection.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 193
TideElysium said:
you are thinking double sided, double layered is on the same side and the ps2 even had a couple DL games, double sided means the top and bottom have optical read, double layered is only the bottom but reads through twice having the ability to be different data the second time around.

Mr_Stoukaph said:
it would be cool if a company made it so that if you put the disc in the wrong way, you would unlock something or play a secret level :D

ermm they would have to put data on both sides of cd, which would cost alot more

In my thinking, you'd put the disk with the data side (mirrory side) facing the thickest part of the system because of the sensor that has to read it.

I heard that Reggie sits inside the Wii, and when you insert a disc the wrong way, he will flip it around the right way for you. Pretty cool eh ?

Back