is anyone else having problems with ...

thas

Canadian/Gamer for life
Sep 17, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
4614-1471-6665-4276
the nintendo wifi usb connector. well i am and its really ticking me off.:mad5:. i just want to make sure if im the only one, then i have to find a way to fix this problem. nintendo said it was discontinued for awhile. so you see why i had to ask this.

thas said:
the nintendo wifi usb connector. well i am and its really ticking me off.:mad5:. i just want to make sure if im the only one, then i have to find a way to fix this problem. nintendo said it was discontinued for awhile. so you see why i had to ask this.

I'm within the same boat as you. I have had this thing for 3 weeks now. Up until a day ago this thing was working fine then all of a sudden it stopped working for no reason. I have noticed that the Wifi symbol at the bottom right screen has also disappeared and that the USB no longer lights up. I have tried reinstalling the software and the USB. I had it working today, all day, but then it stopped working again. This time after I was online with the Wii. I don't understand this damn thing. Does anyone know of another USB device that might work a little bit better without the software crap. Something that it can just pick up without permission? Any information would be helpful.

Oh yeah! The USB device also gets a little hot. I don't know if that is normal. The USB asks for 400mHz but my computer gives out 500mHz. So that should be ok, I guess. :mad5:

i got it and i haven't gotten problems from it

i have been playing mario strikers online happily :)

Thats about how long I have had mine. Then all of a sudden it's just a piece of plastic. Did you do anything special or did you do just a normal install?

Jinn K said:
Oh yeah! The USB device also gets a little hot. I don't know if that is normal. The USB asks for 400mHz but my computer gives out 500mHz. So that should be ok, I guess. :mad5:

It's totally normal for it to get quite hot, hotter than I'd expected it to get.

I got myself a refurbished one about a month and a half ago, and it works like a charm. Sometimes I have to restart my computer for the Wii to connect, but other than that I don't have any problems.
Have you recently moved your Wii, your computer, or installed any other electronics in your house that might produce radio waves?

to install it i did what the book said put the cd in install it and connect the usb connector and thats it :)

Well, I just reinstalled the bloody thing again...and it works! (For now.) I have not moved anything nor installed anything new within the home. I will just have to see how long this will last.

mine still doesnt work. i updated it to 1.06. could that be the problem? i keep reinstalling it and tried every troublshooting thing that the nintendo support site told me to. still doesnt work. connects for like 10 seconds and thats it.

You should go back to 1.05. Version 1.06 is mainly for Windows Vista owners. Version 1.05 is more for XP and works a lot better with it, unless you have Vista. Also, I found out that it could be a internet sharing problem. My USB connector doesn't work and I'm tired of trying to deal with it, but you can change you internet sharing options within your Network Connections. Just pick the connection that is connected to your internet and active the internet sharing option. That worked for me but then something happened within my network that has really thrown things out of wack. I hope that some of this information will help or have helped in some way. Any questions please feel free to PM me.

What happened with mine was that my computer thought that it was a router so it tried to get our internet through it but of course failed miserably. So i uninstalled it and havnt really reinstalled it. I dont have an online game yet so it doesnt matter. Another problem with the thing is that i have my firewall "allow" the Nintendo wifi connector yet it wont connect. So i had to turn my firewall off everytime i went online. Little troublemaker this thing is.

I have on of these, its too much of a hassle to get it work, so im just going to buy that USB wired cord guy =P

^i would do that too, but you need 2 ethernet ports on the modem and i dont have that.

Back