is it worth buying a new ds???

wilksy5555

WiiChat Member
Dec 30, 2007
Hey i have had a ds for 3 years now but its falling apart.

The screen on top keeps turning off, there is HUGE dints in it and it will occasionally freeze.

I dont no wether to buy a new 1 cause i no the second i buy 1 a new super dooper handheld gaming system will come out.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

wilksy5555 said:
Hey i have had a ds for 3 years now but its falling apart.

The screen on top keeps turning off, there is HUGE dints in it and it will occasionally freeze.

I dont no wether to buy a new 1 cause i no the second i buy 1 a new super dooper handheld gaming system will come out.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

It sounds like it's dyin. Get a new ds lite. I got one and I love it. Nintendo made a red one and black one, these are the 2 newest kinds. Go try one from toys r us.

You could get another phat DS, saving money, therefore reducing the burn if they release another version in the next year or so...

Yep get the ds lite the same thing happened to my friend. He got a ds lite and it has a less chance of falling apart:yesnod:

my old ds wasn't broken and i traded it in for a lite not that long ago and dont regret it at all, it is much nicer looking, neater and has much brighter, clearer screens

Raphael986 said:
Yep get the ds lite the same thing happened to my friend. He got a ds lite and it has a less chance of falling apart:yesnod:

I actually think the phat is sturdier.

And does the lite have clicky buttons?! Of course not.:lol:

i'm just wondering, did you ever drop it? and also i would buy it, i got the GBC, GBA, and the DS missing the GB lol.

I doubt they will come out with a new Handheld within the next year... usually we get about 6-9 months notice if not more when something new is about to hit so they can hype it up before sales... DS lite is acctually fairly new, although its not way different from the original DS its an update and will continue to be supported for a while...

With the success of the DS/DS lite, specially in japan, i would actually guess you got a good few more years untill an update...

They seem to release a handheld to match a console now usually comming up with a new one a year or so before the console. Nintendo loves to make money..lol and no better way then making exclusive gear for owning both the console and the handheld, like mini games and downloadables...

GB 1989 SNES 1990
GBA 2001 GC 2001
DS 2005 Wii 2006

The only exclusion to the rule was GBC, i think they tryed to stick out the gameboy as long as they could based on market controll instead investing to improve it...
There were many handhelds "better than the GB, like Sega GameGear" they just didnt bother competing because they still had the majority of consumers

GBC 1998 N64 1996

but based on trends and how well sales still are i wouldn't guess you would have to worry about a new handheld till probably 2010 or later... Go get another DS and this time take it easy, when you can't beat a level put it down instead of chucking it across the room...lol

Last edited:
CodeRed said:
i'm just wondering, did you ever drop it? and also i would buy it, i got the GBC, GBA, and the DS missing the GB lol.

The GB is still way easy to find check it out, and an unlimted supply of AA batterys.. :lol: :lol:
[media]http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/971317/insane_car_battery_hack.swf[/media]

"dont really do this people you will burn yourself with acid this isn't real!" Got to protect my own butt...

LoL.:lol:

But the thing is, you could buy a brand new lite, and then this summer they could announce something. and from this guys post it sounds like he would get annoyed by that.

no way this summer.. the got to much in store for the D.S. Even a Channel on the Wii just for D.S. Downloads... way to much money invested to drop it that fast....

at the earliest they will launch a new handheld at the end of 2009 for christmas season... earliest...
i would bet my life on it, most likely i would think summer of 2010 or christmas time of that year...

I just bought the Red/Black ds lite...it is well worth the money. and you have to get the Phoenix Wright games...challenging and funny

Thanks everyone that had replied with an answer and i am now definetly getting a new ds lite.

And also to CodeRed i didnt drop it but my brother was playing it and when he finished he threw it over to the couch i was sitting on and it missed and got MASSIVE dint in it from the floor. He wasnt very smart.

wilksy5555 said:
Thanks everyone that had replied with an answer and i am now definetly getting a new ds lite.

And also to CodeRed i didnt drop it but my brother was playing it and when he finished he threw it over to the couch i was sitting on and it missed and got MASSIVE dint in it from the floor. He wasnt very smart.
First you should kick your brother's butt, and then go buy a Lite.

Back