Is it worth it?

ATPH

WiiChat Member
May 26, 2009
Yo guys is it worth it getting a Ps3 caus i really want one and i plan on buying one but is it worth all the money?

its due for a price drop here pretty soon. within a few months i would think. save yourself 50 bucks and buy it after the price drop.

but yes, it's really worth the money. i got my 40gig for 400 bucks and i dont regret it, theres been some downtimes in software releases in the past but its picking up and theres a lot of exclusives to keep anyones interest these days.

personally i just say make up your own mind. and i say that not to be crass, but because it's hard to find an unbiased opinion. the people who have one will usually argue the pros, while the people without them will usually argue the cons, statistically speaking anyhow. and that goes for any of the systems or hand helds, or any other piece of consumer hardware for that matter.

not to say you couldn't or shouldn't go by what people tell you, im just saying you might want to take that into consideration when you do.

IMHO, i would wait for the slim. As soon as the slim is announced im selling my 20gb with BC and grabbing a slim with the 45nm. There are too many launch PS3 dying and i feel like i am on borrowed time. Wait for the slim if i were you.

I would guess it would have to come out for the holidays. I would hope. PS34 needs a price drop. It can't stay at 399$ AGAIN through the holidays. Its already getting obliterated.

i bought a 360, i wish i would've bought a ps3. I bought the 60 gb xbox 360 which is 299$ then i bought the wireless router adaptor which is another 100$, for the same price i could've got the ps3 which has blue ray, blue tooth, and the non clunky controller. Also with the xbox dont try to plug another controller in, oh no no no, your game disc will get scratched up for moving the system 1 inch!!! Get the ps3

I bought my PS3 60GB in 2007 for backwards compatibility even though I have a PSone and PStwo. Unfortunately, Chrono Cross was the only game to lock up on me and Sony made a crucial mistake by cutting BC.
I also upgraded to a 500GB HDD which is another plus because I'm a packrat when it comes to demos and videos from PSN and my own collection. PS3 can also play divx so you can use 3rd party programs to convert your DVD collection to divx and store it to the PS3. Bluray is way to expensive for my taste. Oh yeah, and most importantly, it has great games out and down the pipeline. These are my experiences that make the PS3 worth it for me.

At this point, you should probably wait for the inevitable PSthree/slimline. The newer models are so stripped down compared to the original 60GB and 20GB.

Yo guys is it worth it getting a Ps3 caus i really want one and i plan on buying one but is it worth all the money?

Heck yeah it's worth it a blu ray player is like 500 $ & a ps3 is 400$ you get gaming & blue ray for 100$ less heck yea

Last edited:
Is a machine that is a blu-ray player, game player, and internet browser with free online service, non-proprietary Hard Drive, and built-in wifi worth it? I would be hard-pressed to say no.

Anyway, wait for the PS3 Slim. Sony refuses to acknowledge it, but we all know they're working on it. It will probably come out this winter and just might be cheaper.

i'd expect the slim either before this holiday season or right after.

but if you can't wait then buy a regular, it'll work just as well.

Is a machine that is a blu-ray player, game player, and internet browser with free online service, non-proprietary Hard Drive, and built-in wifi worth it? I would be hard-pressed to say no.

You seem to be forgetting that no matter how much software they can fit into a system, the games are a crucial part of the console. I'm not saying that the PS3 has no good games, but that his choice shouldn't be put down to how many things the little black box can do. I bought my Xbox360 around a year ago and I haven't looked back, mainly because the games I wanted/want are coming out on the 360 as well as, if not, the PS3. Having said all of that, I am not at all against the PS3 in anyway.

Not really forgetting that in the slightest. I'm pretty much a games purist, myself, but I figured I might as well list all the features it has and let him decide from there. You're right, it's not in how many things it can do...but how much of those things the guy actually cares about is something I do not know.

Back