Is it worth it?

Yesit is like Black Ops to a degree. But goldeneye is a more arcade style. Only 8 players at once on smaller style maps and the best thing about the goldeneye maps is that they are all extremely different from eachother. I have black ops and the maps aren't very original from the next one in my opinion. In goldeneye you have sewers, snow outpost, rain at memorial, the jungle, etc... They are all really different and a good change of pace. I love goldeneye and play it way more than black ops. Yes it's different than the original but it has to be, people aren't interested in buying a $60 game that is a replica of 1998...,this is 2011!! If you love the original you'll love this one. I was hoping for a game replica of the original but was glad to see they upgraded it and made it somewhat original...very nice.

Last edited:
No, they guns all suck until you're a high enough level and it takes forever to level up, it's a total cod rip-off and they ripped it off terribly

@hybrid - You're crazy! Wiimote + Nunchuck is legit! It's the only fun way to play GE on the Wii. I whop-up with the Wiimote - I guess you have to be a talented player to pull it off... j'sn

@TKING - I agree w/ you. My hubby plays all of the COD games, but I know he's secretly jealous of GE. It's a different format, but still so much fun. People just need to look past their preconcieved notions that GE is a COD clone and just enjoy the game. :)

GE for N64 was, and is, a classic game. Way ahead of it's time. But the new Wii GE is still a great game.

@hybrid - You're crazy! Wiimote + Nunchuck is legit! It's the only fun way to play GE on the Wii. I whop-up with the Wiimote - I guess you have to be a talented player to pull it off... j'sn

How is it talent? when GoldenEye Wii is basically a Call of Duty Clone not a rip-off but a clone [Activision made both games]

its the same thing on GoldenEye as it is on Call of duty for wii yes I have used the wiiremote + nunchuk heavily if I may add on FPS games on wii

so I can gauge the motion controls for GoldenEye wii
and its terrible you get the big X on the screen symbolizing you are out of "sync"

when i have the same set up as i've always had for play with past FPS games such as Call of duty Modern Warfare, World at War, Black ops, and The Conduit

yet I don't get out of sync on those games

Not a clone by far.

Go rent it I guess, see for yourself.

As far as guns go..the close quarter loadout kills it and you start off with that available. You get the stauger at level 15 and when equipped with HH and reactive armor it's a legit weapon. Yes the higher guns like strata at 45 and masterton at 52 are best but ya know...earn them then like the rest of us and quit crying bout it. I used the first shotgun till I was level 40ish cuz it had quick. Reload and hold more. Learn how to be good and the guns don't matter so much. I gave a KDR on my level 52 account of 1.96 and a KDR on my level 14 account of 1.94. That right there tells ya you can be good no matter what gun you got. Kill the higher level players and take their guns!!! You can hang with anyone at any level if your any good.

How is it talent? when GoldenEye Wii is basically a Call of Duty Clone not a rip-off but a clone [Activision made both games]

its the same thing on GoldenEye as it is on Call of duty for wii yes I have used the wiiremote + nunchuk heavily if I may add on FPS games on wii

so I can gauge the motion controls for GoldenEye wii
and its terrible you get the big X on the screen symbolizing you are out of "sync"

when i have the same set up as i've always had for play with past FPS games such as Call of duty Modern Warfare, World at War, Black ops, and The Conduit

yet I don't get out of sync on those games

Out of sync? The only time I get the big red X is when I'm not pointing at the screen/sensor bar. Maybe try aiming better?...

I actually popped in my Black ops and then Goldeneye to compare. GE graphics are better for sure and when you die you pop back into play faster. Black ops looks way more fake and I just hate it period. Seems slower and less enjoyable. No wonder I play GE constantly and COD sits on the shelf with dust.

Maybe try aiming better?...

I lol'd. I agree with hybrid though that it is difficult to control with the nunchuck/remote. I've been using the gamecube controller as I had lost my nunchucks while moving. After finding them I gave it a try and had a difficult time. It doesn't give you much room to move before flashing the red X as being out of range. Luckily the two games I attempted it didn't have any decent players so was able to hold my own but I quickly went back to the gc controller.

I actually popped in my Black ops and then Goldeneye to compare. GE graphics are better for sure and when you die you pop back into play faster. Black ops looks way more fake and I just hate it period. Seems slower and less enjoyable. No wonder I play GE constantly and COD sits on the shelf with dust.
I have been thinking about getting black ops for awhile now and have been watching some youtube videos and the fact that it looks fake is one of the main reasons I think has been holding me back from getting it.

What the hell are you guys talking about, golden eye's graphics are way worse than black ops. And have you guys seen the maps in golden eye? Black ops has more realistic maps and the players look more realistic than a bunch of guys running around wearing white suits in a nightclub... Black ops have way more realistic guns that can actually take some one down in less than a clip. All-in-all black ops is more realistic than goldeneye in more ways than not

COD graphics look terrible!! I have both games and am not just saying it to justify that I like GE better, I just go by what I see.

What the hell are you guys talking about, golden eye's graphics are way worse than black ops. And have you guys seen the maps in golden eye? Black ops has more realistic maps and the players look more realistic than a bunch of guys running around wearing white suits in a nightclub... Black ops have way more realistic guns that can actually take some one down in less than a clip. All-in-all black ops is more realistic than goldeneye in more ways than not

You know everyone loses when we start arguing about graphics and realism in games. They are some of the least relevant factors in what makes a game *good*.

Back