Status
Not open for further replies.

yungblood6

Get Money Dummy
Sep 22, 2007
Kansas City
Wii Online Code
5134-2285-1457-3930
I remember at last years E3 when Every one was talking about the wii and why it was not going to be next gen in the graphics department. I remeber the nintendo bigwigs Reggie and the asian guy (cant spell his name) always would say that they were not trying to compete with the other consoles, and that the wii would make a great second console. This saying is true but now when i hear them speak now its all about how they are going to run the market, and how they are better than the compition. How the other systems don't compair to thier system. This may be true may not be true but i think that its a little cocky of them to boast around like that especialy with there inititial responses last year before they thought they were going to do this well. In my opinion they are starting to sound like there counter part Sony. Sony was always talking about how great they were in the ps2 era, and now they are in third place. i feel that nintendo shouldnt act like sony and act like the nintendo they have always been, calm cool collected and out to make great games.

I haven't noticed anything like this, but (even though they shouldn't) they do have the rights to =)

bilzar said:
I haven't noticed anything like this, but (even though they shouldn't) they do have the rights to =)
i dont feel they have a right to be cocky at all....yes they came out with a system the sold right out the gate but they have not been consistent with it. I agree with u yngblood that they do need to be the nintendo they have always been and just focus on the games...now i love nintendo and my wii system but in my eyes sony still is supreme when it comes to consoles, a lot with disagree with me but its how i feel....until nintendo starts filling in the needs that need to be filled, such as a hard drive and MORE games ( i know the best is coming out within these next few months) i will still think of them as a runner up.

yungblood6 said:
and that the wii would make a great second console.

first of all it isnt their second console its their fifth. also they have not been cocky. they have never said that they were better than the other companies. nintendo just wants to make games and expand the market. and there doing there job and they are confident. there is a difference between being confident and being cocky.

I don't think they're being cocky about the Wii.

Handhelds though, thats another story. I saw footage from way back when the DS was first being released that whoever was giving the lecture pretty much said word for word "Nintendo dominates the handheld market". Which is totally true. They had some special on G4 about the Gameboy. it was pretty intresting

thas said:
first of all it isnt their second console its their fifth.
he doesnt mean 2nd console ever made he means 2nd console in ur house like ur ps3 or ur 360 is ur main one and the wii is 2nd

Bliss said:
he doesnt mean 2nd console ever made he means 2nd console in ur house like ur ps3 or ur 360 is ur main one and the wii is 2nd

oh sorry my bad. but i still stand by what i said about nintendo not being cocky

As far as I remember, this is the "cockiest" Nintendo has ever been. They have branched out into new territory and they are technically the pioneers of tapping into the casual market like no other company. In addition to that, they are making INSANE profits on all their hardware, even the system. One thing that they have to be careful of is that casual market taste may be very fickle and trendy. This may be why they created the Miis and having them being incorporated into games in order to keep the "casual" interest. I have to admit though, I am getting sick of the the constant reports of Wii and DS making Nintendo record profits, yet hardly any of it is being used to make the community features of the Wii more robust and creating a solution for the nonexistent Wii memory.

Master Foot said:
I have to admit though, I am getting sick of the the constant reports of Wii and DS making Nintendo record profits, yet hardly any of it is being used to make the community features of the Wii more robust and creating a solution for the nonexistent Wii memory.
i agree 100%

Master Foot said:
I have to admit though, I am getting sick of the the constant reports of Wii and DS making Nintendo record profits, yet hardly any of it is being used to make the community features of the Wii more robust and creating a solution for the nonexistent Wii memory.

Could it be that Nintendo is saving up all the money to make a more powerful system in the far future? Yeah, it's a bit farfetched but, it doesn't hurt to speculate..

you can't blame nintendo for exhibiting the confidence it does. first of all, they've earned the right to talk--when your system has been the top seller for over a year (with no signs of slowing down), that's something to brag about. second of all, what you need to understand is that in the business world, sellers must be confident in order to build the confidence the consumers have in their name and quality. if the nintendo suits were to come on television and say something like, "we're doing pretty well right now, and hopefully we can keep it up. we've got games that we think will please our customers, so just hang in there. we're kinda sure we've got the competition beat.", then they'll lose the confidence in their customers. it's all business strategy--act like you're on top, and your customers will believe you're on top.

music artists do it all the time. look at the 50 cent/kanye west battle.

Nintendo is regrowing the market. In the end Nintendo may not be #1. But they certainly brought fresh ideas to the market. And I applaud anyone who thinks these game budgets of $20 million to make a single game, at $60 is a rip off.

Studios like EA hire hundreds of outsourced artists that can't even draw a decent stick figure, let alone do basic math (And you need to if you want to program)! They treat them like a monkey on a type writter. They tell them to push 5 buttons and hope for a master piece. Most of the US based games, like football, Marvel, aren't even made by the USA. So congrats to Nintendo on killing this cheap outsourcing. EA responds by firing a bunch of their employees this X-mas.

thas said:
first of all it isnt their second console its their fifth. also they have not been cocky. they have never said that they were better than the other companies. nintendo just wants to make games and expand the market. and there doing there job and they are confident. there is a difference between being confident and being cocky.
i wasnt refering to the the number of consoles they have had. ive been around gaming since atari i know how many consoles they had, i have had every one. They were talking about it at e3 when reggie said it would make a great second console, meaing it would be great paired with a ps3 or an xbox.

you guys are missinterpeting what im trying to say. If they were so sure of there selfs before there console came out they would have had the same attitude then. They didnt have that attitude they came off as they where not in the same market and not competing with them. but now that they have sold units they act like they are. i remember when nintendo didnt even care how many units they sold, or would they brag about it, they just made games and went on about there buisness. They didnt act this way when the gamecube came out, nor did they act like that when the n64 came out. Yes they might be winning in the console sold part but software sales are behind. I just wish they would go back to the way they used to be and not worry about competing and just make good games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back