Is The Nintendo Wii for kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouse1984

mousey
Jul 31, 2007
The thing is im 23, i have seen a lot of kids games for sale for the wii, but i want adult games, i was wondering if the wii will bring out more games for the older generation. please reply back.

No, although it may seem as though Nintendo is targeting the Wii for younger gamers, they are not. This has been discussed many times an we've confirmed that Nintendo is targeting the Wii at all ages, giving by some of their original videos on Wii.com. If you're looking for adult games for the Wii, try Resident Evil 4, Scarface or The Godfather.

im 22 and i have a wii. infact i love playing it very much. however i also had previous nintendo products and worshiped my PS2 and xbox. the wii's create remote play is what makes it so much more different than the other systems out there. where you may see it as childish with less intense graphics as opposed to its competitors youre actually a little wrong.

its hard these games believe it or not. when i played wii sports for the first time i actually broke a sweat. wii tennis is just like the real thing. i mean its insane really.

just because mario is associated with children doesnt mean its solely for that targeted audience

if youre into zelda, get that for the wii. also resident evil 4 is fantastic, madden 2008 comes out this month which i just reserved, and the godfather was amazing

again this is all my opinion. but if youre jaded by ps2/3 or xbox/360 graphics you may not like the wii. just dont be so closed minded about the system and youll see that even through its simplicity its a rather adventurous system

If you like to get into sports games instead of just sitting there with a controller pushing buttons, then the Wii is for you. Playing golf is worth getting the Wii! It is so realistic it blows my mind sometimes still. Football too. And if the Bigs was actually a decent basball simulator it would be fantastic as well...the hitting and pitching action though is fantastic. And Zelda...except for a rather easy difficulty level, the gameplay and storyline is one of the best yet. Also, yes there are several adult (as some people call them) games out. However, this could even actually be where a supplemental console comes into play if you like the better graphics (most of the 3rd party games out on the other consoles are also Wii friendly, plus you get the more immersive control). As I have said though, the Wii is made for sports games! But how can you hardly beat the Nintendo franchises? To a long time gamer like myself these make gaming, not the bloody language filled games that make up such a large market these days.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
im 22 and i have a wii. infact i love playing it very much. however i also had previous nintendo products and worshiped my PS2 and xbox. the wii's create remote play is what makes it so much more different than the other systems out there. where you may see it as childish with less intense graphics as opposed to its competitors youre actually a little wrong.

its hard these games believe it or not. when i played wii sports for the first time i actually broke a sweat. wii tennis is just like the real thing. i mean its insane really.

just because mario is associated with children doesnt mean its solely for that targeted audience

if youre into zelda, get that for the wii. also resident evil 4 is fantastic, madden 2008 comes out this month which i just reserved, and the godfather was amazing

again this is all my opinion. but if youre jaded by ps2/3 or xbox/360 graphics you may not like the wii. just dont be so closed minded about the system and youll see that even through its simplicity its a rather adventurous system
Do you even play tennis? It is way harder than the Wii version. And I mean it. You don't have to run when you play the Wii Tennis. Your Mii just cause right to the ball. It doesn't even simulate the motions all to well. It's just a way to swing at a ball and feel like your an actual tennis player, even though you are just swinging the Wii Remote.

1UP said:
Do you even play tennis? It is way harder than the Wii version. And I mean it. You don't have to run when you play the Wii Tennis. Your Mii just cause right to the ball. It doesn't even simulate the motions all to well. It's just a way to swing at a ball and feel like your an actual tennis player, even though you are just swinging the Wii Remote.

well duh

all sports are harder in life than in the game. i didnt realize he was that dumb to really ellaborate like that. read wiibad he basically said the same thing about golf....

:rolleyes:

i can see where TLC is coming from, i was playing tennis earlier and was sweating crazy, i like to over-exadurate (sp) swings ( but not to much that the remote will slip ) and i found myself wailing insults at the mii's and making the ' ahhhhhhhhhhhuh ' sounds they make on TV.

Then you guys play to hard.
And I am not dumb *hmph*.
Also, golf is a bore.

so what kind of adult games r there going to be?

i dn't mean games with that have to have swear words in all the time cuz that doesn't bother me, i mean like good fps (first person shooter).

and role playing games but not animation ones.

i think there is like medal of honour,. call of duty and red steel

metroid's coming out

Then you guys play to hard.

Nah, it's just been really bloody hot =P

Anyways, another game that you should look into is Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. I just read the article about it in this month's Nintendo Power and I think everyone will be impressed with this game. The graphics are amazing, the story is intricate, and the speed never slows below 60 frames/second. Not to mention it will keep you busy for quite awhile: the guy said he played it for 6 hours and only completed about 19% of the game! August 27 is the date marked on my calender, and I expect this game to keep me busy long after December 3 (when Super Smash Bros Brawl comes out...another amazing-looking game that you can check out here-> www.smashbros.com) The kid-targeting is just something that "hardcore" 360 and PS3 fans say even if they've never played the Wii. It's really for all ages.

EDIT: Ah yes, Red Steel...amazing. One of the first games I bought, and it's very impressive. It doesn't take full advantage of the Wii's graphics because it was an early game, but the gameplay is absolutely amazing. I've heard nothing but good things about Medal of Honor and Call of Duty, though I haven't played them myself...

Last edited:
mouse1984 said:
so what kind of adult games r there going to be?

i dn't mean games with that have to have swear words in all the time cuz that doesn't bother me, i mean like good fps (first person shooter).

and role playing games but not animation ones.

well like i said if anything zelda but youre not one for animation. shame it was a great game for the system.

call of duty 3 was good but again if youre jaded dont play it. my friend loves the PC version and had a bad time using the wiimote. hes also an avid real life shooter (as am i) so he tried to use the wiimote as a gun (before the concept of the wiigun was released or known about) it was mildly humorous lol.

then theres godfather which was very fun. it was interesting because you got to do a series of hits and make your own mobster who will later after doing these hits become the don of NYC. if youre familiar with the godfather games for the xbox, youll appreciate the wii version and probably enjoy it more so than scareface. from what i hear scarface was rather bunk

blazing angels was a good game although not really my cup of tea so to speak. my bf was more into it because he liked the flight simulation. you use the wiimote and nunchuck apart from eachother as if youre flying a plane and you get to bomb tanks and other planes. its a little slow and lags but youll get used to it over time. if youre watching someone play it, you notice it BIG time. if youre in control not so much

i also have resident evil 4 which IMO is the best game i played on the wii so far. i enjoyed the game very much. the game is also availble for the GameCube if you want to use a wired remote as opposed to the wiimote. i say get the wii version its only 30$ anyways.

those are my recommendations. if youre interested, i know ive made posts about godfather and blazin angels in the past and how i went into details about the games. same with COD3. im sure youll like them if youre interested in those type of games :)

This has been discussed to death, ressurected, and lather-rinse-repeated.

In before the lock!

Edit: Avast ye Jill, You unlocked the thread, and posted.
So therefore, you're not in before the lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back