Is the wii dangerous?

kbearmoney

WiiChat Member
Jun 18, 2007
http://www.wiidamage.com/ :yikes:

The link above is to this site, showing holes in peoples' TVs, doors and other damages made by people playing the wii. Is this some kind of joke, or does this stuff really happens. I just bought a wii for when my nephews and younger cousins come to visit me, but I don't want my entertainment room destroyed or them getting hurt. If you already got a wii, do the controllers really slip that easily?

I have owned the Wii since launch. I have never accidentally dropped or let go of the wiimote once. I am not sure what people are thinking when playing so hard. No game requires that much movement that would have a result in damage that severe.

I thought this was solved ages ago...when Nintendo released thicker straps. I find it ridiculous that people complain about this, when...:)yikes:) they did it. As long as they wear the wrist strap tightly then nothing should happen wrong. The majority of people who have a Wii have not broken any of their possesions. And just to point out, the last submission on that site was in Jan.

I have the old strap and it dosent just break off are slip off when people come over they dont even use the strap its pretty safe except I have went to bowl and hit my arm on the closet door that was my fault though Should have payed more attention

ok, I didn't check the date of the site, mainly b/c I was searching for something else and happened to come across it.
NEway, do u think the wii is easy enough for an 9 yr old "un-supervised". Like switching from GC to Wii, syncing the controllers, etc. that kind of stuff. Basically, is there NEthing complexed about it or is it just like operating a PS, GC or Xbox?

It'll be fine. If my 18 year old sister can go un-supervised, i'm sure your 9 year old can.

nintendo even shows you how to check for the strap and see if it needs to be replaced. i think they replace that for free.

the only problem i had was when i tried to bowl left handed w/ out the strap and ended up flinging the remote across the room and down the (wooden) stairs....
but it's fine. the only thing that broke was one of the tiny plastic pieces in the battery cover

If You Consider A Crap-Load Of Douche Bags Who Flail Around The WiiMote Without The Wrist Strap, Then Yes. The Wii Is Dangerous.

Back