Is the Wii really worth it?

Weebs

WiiChat Member
Aug 26, 2006
Since Christmas is coming up and I have some money, I was thinking about buying a Nintendo Wii but I'm not really sure. I played a few games of Excite Truck yesterday at Gamestop, was an awsome game, but I'm left thinking will this just be another console left in my closet? Right now the only title that really seem's to wow me is Zelda, and theres some good titles out there just not great ones. I currently own a 360 and theres so many amazing titles already out and coming out. Ex. Gears of War, Halo 3, Rainbow Six Vegas, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Call of Duty 3, etc. So I want to get a Wii, but I'm not really seeing any reason why my interest would last in it.

Why does everyone ask this? Its a Wii forum so obviously they are all gonna say yes. And there are more and better games out for the Wii then there was for the 360 at launch. So if your not sure just wait till some more games come out and there are more consoles available and then make your decision whether you want one or not.

i personally was a little shakey on getting a wii
but waiting outside for 5 hours in 30 degree weather was definitly worth it
Red Steel is an AMAZING game

Considering how many games and devolopers are already hopping onto the Wii train, and considering how much potential the Wii has I think I'm going to go with the Wii, and as paintballer said the Wii launch line up is much better than the 360 launch, which is very true. 360 didn't really have very many good games untill this year. Just a question though, what other Wii exclusive FPS games are out there besides just Metroid and Red Steel?

Dont worry - there will be lots of great games. But this question seems to be asked OVER and OVER again... try a search next time.

Weebs said:
Since Christmas is coming up and I have some money, I was thinking about buying a Nintendo Wii but I'm not really sure. I played a few games of Excite Truck yesterday at Gamestop, was an awsome game, but I'm left thinking will this just be another console left in my closet? Right now the only title that really seem's to wow me is Zelda, and theres some good titles out there just not great ones. I currently own a 360 and theres so many amazing titles already out and coming out. Ex. Gears of War, Halo 3, Rainbow Six Vegas, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Call of Duty 3, etc. So I want to get a Wii, but I'm not really seeing any reason why my interest would last in it.

Trust me its worth it if it wasnt why are thousands maybe even millions camping out for hours just to get one:thumbsup:

You'd be an idiot not to buy one if you have the cash. It'd be worth it at $299. Apparently on ebay it is worth upwards of double it's retail value. To answer your question, yes, it is worth it.

There may only be on majorly bad flaw with the system and that it has side-effects that may cause loss of job, sleep, social life, friends, and the viewing of natural sunlight for days.

Well I guess that I have no job, I barely sleep, I have no "social life", I never get out of my room, and my friends are gamers, has now become a good thing :D

Back