Is The Wii REALLY worth it?

Lethal said:
PC offers a virtual headset that turns yours games into 3D. The expensive one is frickin awesome. This is something the consoles dont offer. Dont compare PCs with consoles people.

Not 100% correct, but I understand what you mean, sure.

Atari Jaguar had a VR headset, there was an E3 where you could actually use it so it was definitely operational and not vapor-hardware. Never went into mass production apparently.

Virtual Boy rings a bell, too.

Lethal said:
Big cool graphics on an HD TV. So is this the year 2010 Wii your playing? lol

Zelda has cool graphics, and hey, look at that, it is on my HD TV. I didn't say "The best graphics available in a console" - I said "big cool graphics"... Zelda is cool graphics, to say otherwise is just being a hater...again, in my opinion. I could play my PC on my tv - but my family wouldn't join in. Wii lets them all play with me, and that is my point.

Lethal said:
PC offers a virtual headset that turns yours games into 3D. The expensive one is frickin awesome.

Been there, done that, moved on. Pretty cool for a bit, but nothing like the Wii remote, period.

Lethal said:
Dont compare PCs with consoles people.

But... you just did that with the whole "PC offers..." - so it's ok for you to do that to strengthen your argument, but not ok for others?

The bottom line is, I WILL compare the consoles to PCs because I use them both for gaming. How is this wrong? It is MY reason for choosing the Wii, and it is 100% valid, because it is my opinion - and that is all I'm giving here, is my opinion.

I bet you if I opened up the Wii and sold the individual components on Ebay I would make more money than the retail price of the console. So yes, it's worth it!

Zaose said:
But... you just did that with the whole "PC offers..." - so it's ok for you to do that to strengthen your argument, but not ok for others?

But if you read my post closely you would have seen how I did strengthen my argument as to why you dont compare a PC to consoles. That is one reason why you dont.

hey,
The wii is amazing for the price. Even in england! lol. I cant keep my dad off he is always making new mii;s for example he made alice cooper today. Also i cant keep him off the golf and my mum is always playing tenis. They are in there 40's. I think its perfect.

Lethal said:
But if you read my post closely you would have seen how I did strengthen my argument as to why you dont compare a PC to consoles. That is one reason why you dont.

I disagree.

I'm a PC gamer. I own PS2/xbox/etc etc but rarely use them for gaming much. Guitar Hero 2 is the last game I really got into on the PS2. Aside from that, if a game came out for consoles and for PC - PC wins hands down FOR ME.

So, when asked if a Wii is "Worth" it - I gave reasons why *I* think its worth it, based on where I'm coming from - so that other like-minded people could get an opinion on the Wii. Comparing PC gaming to Console gaming in this matter is perfectly valid, especially since it's my opinion - and my opinion is 100% valid FOR ME.

As an aside, you mentioned the price of the Wii compared to other next-gen consoles as an invalid comparison of worth. If money is worth to the OP - then it is exactly valid, and goes to show that the Wii has far more "worth" to the OP than other systems.

You should read people's posts more carefully if you want to provide a stable opinion that will help people address their concerns, instead of sarcasm and put downs. Again, as always, just my opinion. ;)

P.S. - You said you beat Zelda the first night you owned it. How many hours did that take you? Just curious.

Zaose said:
I disagree.

I'm a PC gamer. I own PS2/xbox/etc etc but rarely use them for gaming much. Guitar Hero 2 is the last game I really got into on the PS2. Aside from that, if a game came out for consoles and for PC - PC wins hands down FOR ME.

So, when asked if a Wii is "Worth" it - I gave reasons why *I* think its worth it, based on where I'm coming from - so that other like-minded people could get an opinion on the Wii. Comparing PC gaming to Console gaming in this matter is perfectly valid, especially since it's my opinion - and my opinion is 100% valid FOR ME.

As an aside, you mentioned the price of the Wii compared to other next-gen consoles as an invalid comparison of worth. If money is worth to the OP - then it is exactly valid, and goes to show that the Wii has far more "worth" to the OP than other systems.

You should read people's posts more carefully if you want to provide a stable opinion that will help people address their concerns, instead of sarcasm and put downs. Again, as always, just my opinion. ;)

P.S. - You said you beat Zelda the first night you owned it. How many hours did that take you? Just curious.

He beat Zelda the first night he owned it? What the hell

I would believe that, My Mate almost finished it the day he got it, however i say almost he didnt quite get to the end but he isnt the best player in the world.

I havent beat Zelda yet. I just got done with the 2nd tears of light lol.

My main reason why I say you cant compare a PC to a console is because you cant upgrade a console. The PC can always improve. Its just not comparable.
We can argue about it all night but thats pointless. I am one stubborn sob. I am always right lol

Lethal said:
I havent beat Zelda yet. I just got done with the 2nd tears of light lol.

My mistake, I thought you said it, when in fact Wild eye joker (spelled with #s) said it earlier in the thread: "I'll tell you that after beating Zelda, the night I got it."

Seems like there is far too much content to unlock, even if you know where its at, to beat in in one night. I could definitely be wrong on this one, though. :crazy:

As for PCs being upgradable, etc etc - that's completely missing the point. This topic is about WORTH, more specifically, the worth of the Wii. Being a PC Gamer, I am giving the reason that I chose to purchase a Wii, not over the PS3 or Xbox360 - because it wasn't even a compitition; those systems don't offer me, a gamer who prefers PC versions over their console counterparts, anything to draw my purchase. The Wii does. It isn't a competition, because for me, I wouldn't have bought the other systems any time soon, if at all.

So PC upgrades, virtual headsets, or bright and shiny parts do not equate into this topic at all - its a matter of opinion.

Back