Is The Wii REALLY worth it?

Tjharwin said:
I own a copy of Red Steel and it's the best FPS I have ever played in my life.

Ouch! I am very sorry to hear that. Red steel was ok but nothing great. Great FPS are these my man:

Gears of War
Resistance
Call of Duty 2,3
Halo
Halo 2
Quake 4
Half-Life 2 (soon to be on 360)
Far Cry (Not the Wii version)
GRAW
Doom 3
Unreal Tournament 200X

Now those are some excellent FPS games. All of which destroy Red Steel.

I'd say the Wii is definitely worth it. For sure.

And don't forget GoldenEye for the N64 for a FPS. It was/is wicked.

Gears of War is awesome, hands down. The only thing I didn't like about it was the jumping from wall to wall by accident.

trojan_horse said:
Gears of War is awesome, hands down. The only thing I didn't like about it was the jumping from wall to wall by accident.

Ya that pisses me off lol. I wish when you are hunched up to a wall you could easily haul ass around the corner but instead you start to stop drop and roll lol.

the wii will kill bingo wings and obesity for sure the xbox and ps3 sure are pretty but like good lookin women they come at a price and an attitude ! get a wii listen to a gamer not a sad "i love HD graphics" nancy boy

im not gonna read all the replys cause im lazy so i might repeat things but owell it was the only tihng i got for xmas and i wouldnt change it if i could i love it no the grafix arent great but there tolerable if your all about then grafix then get help there are some amazing games i own 2 besides wii sports zelda and super monkey ball they are both amazing using the wiimote feels so natural no you cannot use classic controller with new games but i guess if you hate the wiimote then get some gamecube games and play those i dont know how many M game will come out but i know of like 4 atm and im guessing alot more FPS rated M because the wiimote is great for FPS feel like your shooting so i igmagine alot of them will come out once again the grafix isnt what this system is about at all its about having fun witch it does well :) i think its well worth the money and seeing how its the cheapest and in my opinion the funnest (iv played all 3 next gen) i would defentally pick one up no matter what kind of gamer you are or even if your not fun there is and will be awsome titals for everyone form kids to hardcore shootemup gamers yes i wish the grafics were better but im perfectly happy how they are its still plenty of fun and if you played the older games when back on NES and SNES and so on then you can also get your hands on those games again so its really awsome

ImWiitarded said:
im not gonna read all the replys cause im lazy so i might repeat things but owell it was the only tihng i got for xmas and i wouldnt change it if i could i love it no the grafix arent great but there tolerable if your all about then grafix then get help there are some amazing games i own 2 besides wii sports zelda and super monkey ball they are both amazing using the wiimote feels so natural no you cannot use classic controller with new games but i guess if you hate the wiimote then get some gamecube games and play those i dont know how many M game will come out but i know of like 4 atm and im guessing alot more FPS rated M because the wiimote is great for FPS feel like your shooting so i igmagine alot of them will come out once again the grafix isnt what this system is about at all its about having fun witch it does well :) i think its well worth the money and seeing how its the cheapest and in my opinion the funnest (iv played all 3 next gen) i would defentally pick one up no matter what kind of gamer you are or even if your not fun there is and will be awsome titals for everyone form kids to hardcore shootemup gamers yes i wish the grafics were better but im perfectly happy how they are its still plenty of fun and if you played the older games when back on NES and SNES and so on then you can also get your hands on those games again so its really awsome

That is a long sentence.

Gears of War isnt an fps to be fair seeing as its a 3rd person game ;) like Halo. But yeah it does look incredibly pretty and rather good. Cant afford games at the moment though so it will have to wait. Most shocking of all is I didnt particularly enjoy Halo when I had a good length go at it (then again Im not all that enthralled with Zelda at the moment either), perhaps Im just bored of shooting games altogether.

"worth it"

Worth is an interesting term. Like others have posted "get what fits you".

If PRICE is WORTH - then obviously the Wii wins.
If HIGH DEFINITION GRAPHICS and other UBEROSITY is WORTH to you - Then PS3/360.
If PLAYING IN A NEW WAY is WORTH to you - Then Wii
If ONLINE MP GOODNESS is WORTH to you - not the Wii (for now anyway).
If BIG N titles are WORTH to you - Wii
If super sexy iPod inspired asthetics are WORTH - Wii :thumbsup:

Now my perspective on things, coming from why *I* chose the Wii over other systems:

I have a PC that matches or out performs the 360/ps3 in every way as far as gaming is concerned, and since I only care about GAMING from my GAMING SYSTEMS (since I have other technology for other types of entertainment) then those systems didn't have any draw for me. FPS are vastly superior on a PC, graphics are as good or better usually, and function and flexibility blows the game systems out of the water. So I just had no interest in those systems. I have played 360 at one of my students homes, and it IS fun - but I'd rather play those games on a PC.

That said, the Wii is DIFFERENT than the PC. It offers something that the PC cannot - that being the wii remote, central game play, party games, big cool graphics on my widescreen hd tv, and games that don't exist on the PC - really good games (Zelda, for example). Compared to the other systems, for ME, it destroys them for what *I* want a game system to do; play unique games in a unique and FUN way - give me an experience I cannot get on a PC or other game systems.

The Wii wins hands-down for ME. For you, this post may be meaningless.

Just my two cents.

Z

Worth is an interesting term. Like others have posted "get what fits you".

If PRICE is WORTH - then obviously the Wii wins.
If HIGH DEFINITION GRAPHICS and other UBEROSITY is WORTH to you - Then PS3/360.
If PLAYING IN A NEW WAY is WORTH to you - Then Wii
If ONLINE MP GOODNESS is WORTH to you - not the Wii (for now anyway).
If BIG N titles are WORTH to you - Wii
If super sexy iPod inspired asthetics are WORTH - Wii

Now my perspective on things, coming from why *I* chose the Wii over other systems:

I have a PC that matches or out performs the 360/ps3 in every way as far as gaming is concerned, and since I only care about GAMING from my GAMING SYSTEMS (since I have other technology for other types of entertainment) then those systems didn't have any draw for me. FPS are vastly superior on a PC, graphics are as good or better usually, and function and flexibility blows the game systems out of the water. So I just had no interest in those systems. I have played 360 at one of my students homes, and it IS fun - but I'd rather play those games on a PC.

That said, the Wii is DIFFERENT than the PC. It offers something that the PC cannot - that being the wii remote, central game play, party games, big cool graphics on my widescreen hd tv, and games that don't exist on the PC - really good games (Zelda, for example). Compared to the other systems, for ME, it destroys them for what *I* want a game system to do; play unique games in a unique and FUN way - give me an experience I cannot get on a PC or other game systems.

The Wii wins hands-down for ME. For you, this post may be meaningless.

Just my two cents.

Z

wow nice post imo and its your first :0 dang gj:thumbsup:

Zaose said:
big cool graphics on my widescreen hd tv

Big cool graphics on an HD TV. So is this the year 2010 Wii your playing? lol

PC offers a virtual headset that turns yours games into 3D. The expensive one is frickin awesome. This is something the consoles dont offer. Dont compare PCs with consoles people.

Nintendo reinvented the wheel, and I can't help but notice it's more round than before.

Nintendo not only reinvented the wheel, they went retro and are bringing back the old school classics that you can play on your TV again w/o having to use emu on a PC device. That is, I quote myself, "Rad".

Getting my family together and actually spending time with each other is priceless.

Worth $250? Worth a LOT more than that.

I took my Wii up to my parents place with my wife last week and my folks and I started drinking and my moms bowling technique started going downhill and it was just absolute total fun, more than I had in a long time.

I am sure if I had took it to my uncles earlier that day that my GRANDFATHER would had wanted to play.

I can't see grandfather wanting to even touch a 360 (which I have, too) or a PS3.

Gaming with your grandfather would be the end all of priceless.

That's the appeal with the Wii, it's for everybody.

Nintendo hit a grand slam, now if developers all jump on board, I am sure there has to be phone calls going around in and out of HQ after all of this mass hysteria over the Wii.

Back