Is Wii really worth it?

I lovemy Wii and so dose my parents (my mam informed me when i move out the Wii is staying, she also said she would miss the Wii more then me. Am sue she was joking LOL)

Everyone gets bored of a console after a while or until you buy new games no matter what console. The great thing about the Wii is its a totally different game play compaired to other consoles.

Disadvantage: If you had a long day and cant be arsed to run around can be a bit crap.

the wii kicks so much ass, idn about some of these guys but my friend owns a ps3 and a wii and he is selling his ps3 cause he is not enjoying it, he owns resistence, motorstorm for the ps3 and loz:tp and super monkey ball banana blitz

he perfers his wii way more than his ps3, personally i wouldn't sell it but whatever floats yo boat

get the wii man....if you can find one

Wiinter said:
A forum where no one talks...?
Not in this thread >_<

Um, SEGA is definately more interested in the Wii...look at Alien Syndrome, Sonic and Mario at the Olympics, Super Monkey Ball...the list goes on. And about their not making good games, I beg to differ. Their games are the reason they still exist...just cuz their consoles weren't great doesn't mean they don't make good games...

Well not quite...

jared19 said:
Advantages- Fun controllers that make gameplay better.
Cost 249 which is much cheaper than the others.
Free online play.
Plays gamecube games.
Virtual Console games (retro game) and wi ware is on the way.

Some fun multiplayer games will be here soon (starting this month).
A bright future in my opinion.

Disadvantages: Not enough memory (especially when wii ware comes) since you will be downloading big files.
Too many minigames.
Not many online games yet...
Graphics not as good as other systems (expected).

I dont think you will get tired of the wii quick. What type of games do you like? Sports, shooters? If its shooters, the wii is probably not for you because they have no good ones yet. I guess I should add multiplayer shooters.
They do have some sports game coming next month and months after that will have fun multiplayer.

Wifi games are on the way and I think within a year, nintendo will have alot more gamemakers and alot more good games. The wii fit platform thing will also make for some interesting games.

Thats all I can think of for now.

Well you can use an SD Card to expand memory,(the slot is in front next to where you syncronize the wiimote), The graphics are good enough to know what it is you are doing, in fact, the graphics in Zelda was pretty good IMO. Resident Evil 4 just got remade for the Wii, and at E3, Resident Evil:Umbrella Cronicles was shown to be in production (I played it with the Wii Zapper), Almost every third party is jumping into the "Wii Wagon" so in two months or so, you'll see lots of other games. So I say, if he likes shooters, then DO get one because it's not a long wait.

OK wii and ps3 are two very diffrent systems

and if i were to choose one ill go with the........ps3 (dum dum dummmm)

look

we should stop comparing the gameplay of them cause ps3 is always gonna come up on top for hardcore gamers (IMO)

but when we get to casual gamers wii wins

and yes i think ps3 is doing an awesome job at the games

and so far i barly use wii

-------------

im out of this fight

my oppinion dosnt matter

but illl post the games for ps3 that im looking forward to anyways =P
------------------------

1. kingdom hearts 3
2. infamous
3. killzone 2
4. ratchet and clank
5. gran tourismo 5
6. little big planet
7. H.A.Z.E
8. metal gear solid 4
9. lair

btw i only posted the games so you guys might go to investigate them and might get iterested

Last edited:
no you can't take one stab at people's opinions

"ps3 is always going to come on top for hardcore gamers"

bullshit

sony dosn't even ahve any good franchises, the main games come from third parties, which could easily transfer to the wii

nintendo already has good franchises

and you don't know for fact that KH3 well be for ps3, think, it's a game that involves disney characters

disney=family
wii=family

and quare(liek other developers) said they're transferring a lot of their resources to the wii unless ps3 shows more mommentum

again im out of this fight

but im gonna make one thing clear

if Kingdom hearts somehow comes to wii i swear to god their will be one on ps3 following the same story line as the other 2 while wii will have a brand new and fresh story line

but its not gonna happen

ps3 has gotton mommentum actully it has gotton alot of mommentum after the price cut

im gonna say this right now

if it does come to wii their WILL be two versions

-------------

by the way IMO means (in my oppinion).....

wiizorer said:
no you can't take one stab at people's opinions

sony dosn't even ahve any good franchises, the main games come from third parties, which could easily transfer to the wii

yea

let me see

most the games use the CELL...no wait they all do=P

they use graphics card =P

space (and i mean alot)

its praticly impossible to transfer it to wii and if they do the game will be completly diffrent then the ps3 version

it will have to be cut short of its story line

it will not include online....why? cause its nintendo

the game will have to reduce to wii graphics

and yes you are right, they can transfer it

but lets imagine the game after all of that......hmmmmm fun isnt it :lol:

Back