Is Wii really worth it?

Well except you should remove the GC part...they're two TOTALLY different consoles =P

Other than that though, you're absolutely right Zeon.

I would suggest purchasing a Wii. The controls IMO are far better than the conventional control scheme. Once you pick up and play games like Wii Sports, Zelda TP and even Harry Potter the controls feel fresh new and intuitive. Yes the current line up of games is fairly lack lustre but there are still worth while games that can tide you over until the serious gaming begins. At the E3 hands on, players were in awe by Metroid Prime 3 and Super Mario Galaxy. Everyone knows SSBB will kick a$$.

IMO go for the Wii :)

Nintendo and I have been at odds on a few points of late, but make no mistake, THE WII IS WORTH IT TO ME.

Whether it's worth it to you depends on what you're after, and what you can't stand.

No system out there has the potential to deliver the experience the Wii could. There's only one downside. That potential is unraveling altogether too slowly. If you can be patient, it will rise to every challenge, whether it's makers want it to or not. Bound up in the controller is the ultimate interface just clawing to get out into the game. Watch the natural progression in, for example, WII FPS, and it will happen. It's just a matter of when. Red Steel came in looking pretty, had a story hook and sword fighting, and really weak FPS controls. Far Cry looked terrible, but it's controls were solid. COD3 came, left out multiplayer, but controlled the game well. MoH Vanguard learned most of those lessons and came out looking nice, with multiplayer, and good system of control (I especially like the 180*). Medal of Honor Heroes 2 is expected to put it all together with 32 player online battles. We're almost there. It's just a matter of time. At that point, it's going to be hard to deny the raw power of the Wiimote in FPS. Hasten the day.

Nothing against the other systems. They traded next gen gfx for last gens interface. Still a fun gaming experience. Not the Wiixperience, but still fun. They have a mature online service, and a fullrange of games that use them now. If you can't wait, and you can suffer last-gen controllers, then Via con Dios.

the wii mote gets boring after 2 months

graphics suck

no good games

online sucks

the only good thing is atm is SSBB and its not out yet

get a 360

Yellow_Wii said:
the wii mote gets boring after 2 months

graphics suck

no good games

online sucks

the only good thing is atm is SSBB and its not out yet

get a 360

how dumb do you have to be to think a controller could get boring?

so twilight princess isn't a good game eh?
nor is super paper mario

what about mario strikers charged

hmm i guess the wii dosn't have any good games[/sarcasm]

mushroomedmario said:
how dumb do you have to be to think a controller could get boring?

so twilight princess isn't a good game eh?
nor is super paper mario

what about mario strikers charged

hmm i guess the wii dosn't have any good games[/sarcasm]
Why do you have to be dumb to think something gets boring? To me the controller just seems normal now, so the game isn't going to be any better if I am playing it with a Wiimote or a standard gamepad. So the only things that really matter are the games. Ya, Zelda and Paper Mario are good games, but a console needs more than two good games to justify a purchase...

paintba||er said:

Why do you have to be dumb to think something gets boring? To me the controller just seems normal now, so the game isn't going to be any better if I am playing it with a Wiimote or a standard gamepad. So the only things that really matter are the games. Ya, Zelda and Paper Mario are good games, but a console needs more than two good games to justify a purchase...

Don't be like Fox News. Your opinion isn't fact. Not everyone thinks there are only 2 games for the wii.

For example, Vagrant thinks there are far more fun games for the wii than the ps3.

i do too, but i am too lazy to mention all of the games i have/like...

and were you calling me dumb cause you repeated my point...."the controller seems normal now"

that was pretty much what i was aiming for, that a controller can't get boring

and those were just example games that didn't suck, it's not like iw as going to make a whole list of games that i think don't suck

hey, is it a bad thing that the Wii control is starting to seem normal? That could lead to a better future, if the control is seen to everyone as the new norm, then there will eventually be something else birthed from this idea that can again change things. I think what Nintendo wanted to do with the gaming industry has already been done since the revealing of the Wii remote. Perhaps Ps4 or xbox 720(lol) Will maybe have motion control that will be, probably 100 times more accurate and do even more crazt sh*t, that we can't think of right now. Who knows.

Anyways. . . . Just get a Wii ^_-

Get wat you guys want, its up to you. dont let a bunch of nerds tell you wat to do. (dont mean to offend)

Back