Is Wii really worth it?

Chafik31

WiiChat Member
Jul 15, 2007
In my house with my Wii
Is Wii really worth the 300 bucks? I need people's opinions. (advantages and disadvatages).

Also, if you can, please answer this question:

"Will I get bored of Wii fast, how long until I get bored of it?"

Thanks everyone.

(Remember to also put in your opinion on the Wii, like the advantages and disadvatages)

(I haven't bought the Wii yet, I just want to know if what I'm doing is really worth my money...)

Advantages:

- New style of gaming. With the wii mote and nunchuck it seems like your almost in the game.
- New releases coming out such as Super Smash Bros Brawl, WWE vs Raw 2008, Wii Fit(ness), Super Mario Galaxy etc.
- Online play to possibly be released with several of these games.
- Ability to share and make Mii's
- Ability to purchase classic nintendo games through the Wii Shopping Channel.

Disadvantages

- No current online play except for Pokemon Battle Revolution
- Lack of games, more popular releases to come out in the winter.

Its not worth it dont buy it!... btw you'll get lots of this, after all your on a wii forum everyones gonna make sure they can say anything to make sure you do not buy this system.

The advantage is the area of the wii remote and the fact that it is partly fitness and you can downlode arcade classics but the problem is the 525mb (mb mega bite) memory but overal its worth it and do you know where i can get one as well.

Yes, do what ever you can to stay away from the wii!
Us here at Wiichat do what ever we can to make sure wii fails. You may of been confused and thought we liked it.

Advantages- Fun controllers that make gameplay better.
Cost 249 which is much cheaper than the others.
Free online play.
Plays gamecube games.
Virtual Console games (retro game) and wi ware is on the way.

Some fun multiplayer games will be here soon (starting this month).
A bright future in my opinion.

Disadvantages: Not enough memory (especially when wii ware comes) since you will be downloading big files.
Too many minigames.
Not many online games yet...
Graphics not as good as other systems (expected).

I dont think you will get tired of the wii quick. What type of games do you like? Sports, shooters? If its shooters, the wii is probably not for you because they have no good ones yet. I guess I should add multiplayer shooters.
They do have some sports game coming next month and months after that will have fun multiplayer.

Wifi games are on the way and I think within a year, nintendo will have alot more gamemakers and alot more good games. The wii fit platform thing will also make for some interesting games.

Thats all I can think of for now.

Ronald said:
Its not worth it dont buy it!... btw you'll get lots of this, after all your on a wii forum everyones gonna make sure they can say anything to make sure you do not buy this system.
:wtf: :wtf:

Mr. person said:
if u do get it u have to get a lot of games because i hav 2 and i barely play the wii
And that would be why you're bored with it.:yesnod:

I'll say i'm bored with my Wii right now too at the moment. I beat all the games I have. None of the other games really interest me at the moment. But in August theres Metroid, October is Guitar Hero, November is Mario Galaxy, December is SSBB, etc, etc. So by the end of this year, I honestly would say you won't be completely bored with it.

Back