Just about to buy a Wii. Which game should I buy first?

quddusali

WiiChat Member
Nov 27, 2009
Hi all :),
Im about to buy a Wii - which game should I buy first? I would like to buy a multiplayer game.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Regards

Q

Hi all :),
Im about to buy a Wii - which game should I buy first? I would like to buy a multiplayer game.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Regards

Q

Hey man.

Glad your interested in a wii its always good to see new fans. Wow theres a lot out there for multiplayer it depends do you want online or just multiplayer to play with friends or family? If you want both Mario Kart wii is a good choice, they got loads of them at walmart for xmas or you can get it discounted online. Great online single player and local multi.

If your a shooter fan I recommend COD WAW and MWR both great games with singleplayer and online.

However theres so much you gotta tell me your interests more specifically lol.

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

How does the online playing work? Do you play through your landline or existing boradband connection?

if you want great multi-player get Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and New Super Mario Bros. Wii

for great single-player games get Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda Twilight Princess, Okami and Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

How does the online playing work? Do you play through your landline or existing boradband connection?

Yep just if you have wireless on your modem or a wireless router you can connect your wii to that. But whatever internet service you have as long as its high speed is fine. High speed being faster than 56k maybe over 100kps a second or you will lag badly and have connection issues.

If you don't have access to wireless they also offer a wired kit to connect to your modem.

Well, I recomed you...
See my list of the best looking games on the Wii, to help you buy quality Wii games and avoid the waste of your hard earned money in the garbage shovelware of kiddly friendly, cartoonish and awful mini-games.

That's easy!

Wii Play with a Wiimote. It's about $5 more than the Wiimote alone and has some simple but fun games designed to help you develop your Wiimote controll skills. It's a no-brainer IMO for a first game.

the second game - that's a bit tougher. I can only reflect my personal preferences. We keep going back to Guitar Hero and Rock Band games. They can be competitive or you can play non-competitive as you choose. With the full kit, you can support up to 4 players. AFAIK, the Guitar Hero instruments are compatible with Rock Band games (recent ones anyway) so GH is a good place to start.

See, it all depends on what kind of games you like. If you like shooters, Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex Edition is a goo choice. Fighting games are also every fun. Super Smash Brothers Brawl is a good choice for fighting. Overall, for just fun, New Super Mario Bros. is an awesome game. Thank you for taking your time and reading my suggestions.

if your a beginner gamer:
mario kart wii
wii sports(comes with wii)
wii sports resort
wii play

intermediate:
smash brawl
mario galaxy
new super mario bros

advanced:
metroid prime
legend of zelda
call of duty

Well, I would say, much like the others here, that it depends on your personal preferences.

If your looking for a shooter, the call of duty series is an excellent place to start. They're all pretty good, but I'd recommend modern warfare reflex, assuming you haven't played modern warfare on another console. There are also plenty of good rail shooters to choose from: in that realm I would go with either Deadspace: Extraction or one of the resident evil chronicles games.

For something a little lighter, maybe try boom blox: bash party. It's a really fun game with a relatively simple mechanic at its core. De blob is also a pretty fun game, it's very fun and colorful.

If what you want is something incredibly stylish, then I would probably go with No More Heroes, which is sort of like a Kill Bill movie translated into video game form. Madworld is much the same, but it's a little shorter, with more emphasis on getting a high score. If you don't want a lot of violence, though, go with Okami. It's incredibly pretty and very interesting. Plus it's very long but never really starts to wear on you.

If you love a good old adventure game, there's nothing better than Zack and Wiki: Quest For Barbaros' Treasure. The puzzles are incredibly well designed and mind bending. For something a little more interactive, though, Hit up Zelda: Twilight Princess; the visuals are gorgeous, the game-play is fun, and the plot is incredibly intriguing. You could also do Metroid Prime Trilogy for the same reasons.

Whatever you choose, have a good time, and I hope you love your Wii (I know I love mine)!

:lovewii:

Here are my Top 5 Recomendations:
1. Call of Duty Modern Warfare: Reflex
2. The Conduit
3. Mario Kart
4. Super Mario Galaxy
5. Super Smash Bro's Brawl

Back