Keep The Wii Disk Slot Lit.

Yes, but when the Wii is powered off, it's not REALLY powered off.

Last edited:
Geckotek said:
Yes, but when the Wii is powered off, it's not REALLY powered off.

Its just in standby mode... waiting for you to touch it again :lol:

Looks cool. Probably a stupid question but, you can't cause any harm to your Wii with leaving the light on right? Bulb won't burn out or system overheats?

from what i heard it uses LEDs soo it wont burn out soo its all good =) ohh and an easy way of doing this is just having someone who your registered with and have them send u a message and just dont read it and the light stays on! whoa its like magic

I've had the reverse affect, I sent the e-mail to my Wii while it was in standby mode, to which the Wii reacted with the light staying on and glowing, but then when I turned the console on it switched off :wtf: and I havent read the msg.

same here. I turn it on, and the light went away, i never read the message? IS there a setting that needs to be twicked for it to stay on even if we turn it on? regardless of whether or not the message was read?

standby,off

Are you guys turning the console off(red) or on standby(orangish)? When mine is on standby, im on the wiiconnect and all and i recieve the msgs, but after awhile when you feel the side of the wii on standby, it feels pretty warm, warmer than usual.

i don't know, it seems warmer than usual since the fans are off. I usually turn it off because i don't want my wii to break anytime within the next.....millenia? :thumbsup:

you'd think since the wii was designed with the intent that the light IS supposed to stay on over night or until it's turned on, the machine should be able to stand a little heat. Although the fan not being active does worry me.

yeah, i once forgot to turn it off, and the entire left side was warm. I almost thought that it overheated, but i just turned it off and it became fine. I don't think its enough to kill the wii though, but it would decrease the worrying if the fans turned on once in a while to keep it cool. If its in a well ventilated area there shouldn't be a problem at all. :lol:

I dont understand

I go to "put in an email address" but i cant send a message to that same one. Im confused

Back