Kirby - The Puff Ball of Disappointment.

Jimmer1720

Awating Headset Support
Aug 29, 2007
Wherever you aren't.
It seems to me that in SSB for N64, Kirby was the guy to beat. Unless you hit him off the map, he was almost guaranteed to make it back because of how well he flew. He had 2 shields, the normal one and his Down-B, the rock. He had a powerful kick for a smash attack and his inhale was an instant-hit.

But, it seems the creators of SSBM realized how Pure Pwnage he was, and they decided to make some "changes", or, make him crappier. They threw in that hammer which sucked, and they brought the "Wall of Death" (The distance from the side end of the screen in which when crossed, would kill you) closer, so in turn Kirby's flight wasn't as effective. They also made him slower, and with Melee's new weight physic, they made him easier to knock out.

So, there's my rant. In closing I think Kirby just sucked really bad in Melee, but owned in the original. I saw his dreaded hammer in a screenshot for Brawl, but hopefully he's gonna get a revamping. Thoughts? All posts will be acknowledged!:D

well all characters should kind of be balanced so i have to disagree

^?

God where have the quality posts gone?

I completely agree with you. My friend used Kirby on 64 (at the time we were little and just messed around) and he was awsome. When melee came out he absolutely despised him and eventually found a new character. I too think that Kirby's needs a completely revamped moveset because there are so many options that are being wasted. Hopefully Kirby will find a happy median in Brawl.

I also agree! Kirby was my main character to use in SSB64, I was great with him. Then Melee came out and Kirby was crap. He's my least used now. The hammer move is really pointless to me and also I hate how when you run with him and he turns into the flaming thing and you can't stop it. So yeah hopefully he will be equaled out again for Brawl.

I thought he was fine, you obviously just need to get better with him.

Jay61 said:
I thought he was fine, you obviously just need to get better with him.

Thats not the point.

Just that the first game was pretty simple layout, fight and they took advantages of the characters skills basically. Then came melee which took it a step ahead with weight and such. Kirby had a revamp which made him lack the skill he did in the original.

I think it's generally agreed that Kirby was fantastic in SSB64. I started off playing with him. But then everyone played with him, because it seemed as though he had an advantage. It's not just that he could float - so could Jigglypuff who was not nearly so good. So because he was used by everyone, I swapped to someone else (Pikachu) just to be spontaneous.

I don't think Kirby was made to intentionally own everyone in SSB, so in Melee they stripped him down a bit. There would be no point introducing all those new characters in Melee if he was still so much better than everyone.

I think this was a good change. Give the others a chance, I guess.

That is true. I used to play as kirby on the 64, and then in Melee, I had to switch because everyone was using faster characters, and more powerful ones. So I switched to Zelda and Sheik and I love the slow but powerful and very quick combo.

i would like him beter with some other moves
and the b over move could be random like mr.g&w judgement

Back