Kororinpa: Marble Mania - Actually Good!!

Backwards Man

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
This is a really fun game...great controls, lots of secrets. It is a lot more fun than you would expect a marble game to be.

The first 20 levels you will breeze through, but they get a bit tougher after that. I would definatly recommend picking this one up especially as it is cheaper than most Wii games...at the very least rent it!

I agree. What I'd really like is for these people to sit down and come up with some more levels though. It's got 45 levels and I think 14 or 15 "secret" levels. Once you complete the 45 main levels, it unlocks 45 mirrored levels which are the same levels, just mirrored; not all that imaginative.

Also, to complete any level you need to collect all the red crystals, however; the crystals don't need to be collected in one life and there's no benefit for doing so. And since there's no life limit, you can throw yourself at the crystals and die after collecting each one and still clear the level fine. Perhaps the secret levels should have been reserved for those who can complete the levels (red and green crystals) in one life.

The camera is also troublesome at times. It's set at a fixed position from the ball. So when you're rolling forward, it works fine. When your rolling backwards (towards you), things can surprise you since you had no indication what was coming. I very often find that I have to pause the level and view the map to figure out where to go next. I will say that the map view is infinitely better in Marble than in Monkey Ball.

Basically the game is a bit on the easy and short side but definitely a good one that I'd highly suggest renting if not buying.

sounds a bit more complex than Super Monkey Ball but does it have anything besides the main game

is it more like the board game in Zelda or more like Super Monkey Ball?

I think this title would have done very well as a VC game. I'm sure Nintendo is going to open a channel where you can buy original, small games, and I think this one is perfect for that.

I think the game is great!
The only thing I don´t like about it, is that it hasn´t enough levels. Nut the mirror of the level is a good idea.
I am sure it will get a second part very soon. And I am going to buy that one also.

The fun increases when you play in 2 player mode. Just fun with the whole family.

Oh yes. I wish there was a kindergarden-mode, let us say, with edges all the time. So that my little girl of 5 years could play some levels after the first one. Would be great!

I can recommend the game!

Back