lost sim card in wii

LMAO. That was funny as hell. I can see why you thought it would work, but it's still funny. Can't tell you what to do. You can try facing the SD slot to the ground and shaking it and if it doesn't come out, you'll have to call Nintendo. Keep in mind though; it wasn't a hardware problem on their part, it was a usage problem on yours, and they might not replace it because of that (unless you bought an additional warranty).

Vertiginous said:
That seems kinda weird that it would fall into the Wii...like the hole is a bottomless pit of doom or something :p

it does seem wierd and i do feel stupid but if i call nintendo what are they gonna do.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
may sound crazy but what about an air can? blow it out through the back????

i dont want to do anything that could potentialy break my wii or disconnect something inside.

If you google something like 'Taking the wii apart' you should find some sites where people have... well.... taken the wii apart. Either study the pictures to see where the sd card slot opens up to or send a very nice, polite email to the people who took their wiis apart asking for advice.

SIM...card...? The one that goes in phones? Half the size of the SD slot? I hope you're joking. Dude, I'm not trying to make you feel bad, not even trying to make fun of you (because you're getting enough of both by this point), but I'm very curious as to why you think it'd work? (probably be better for PM since it'd probably result in more smartass comments) I heard of a micro SD card falling in, and now this?

Anyway, I'd say your best bet is to call Nintendo for some support and maybe, if you're lucky, they'll provide a way for you to get it out (either have some sort of procedure for this sort of thing or send it back and they'll dissassemble it for you to retrieve the card).

If you're feeling even luckier you can try shaking/air-canning that thing out of there, but I took a look at the SD card slot and the holes look too fine of a fit to manage to get something as small as a micro SD card or a SIM card out of that console. If you can live without the card, work around it, because it's not as if it's really going to damage the system. Otherwise, as suggested, just call nintendo.

If you google something like 'Taking the wii apart' you should find some sites where people have... well.... taken the wii apart. Either study the pictures to see where the sd card slot opens up to or send a very nice, polite email to the people who took their wiis apart asking for advice.

He could result to that if Nintendo doesn't help him, but it's best as a last resort. May wanna hold onto that warranty if there's another way around it. Then again, is there even a VOID sticker or device anywhere in the console?

Last edited:
HAHAHAHA No offence to OP, but I just found that sooooo hilarious.

Oh gawd you just made my day...
...oh and I hope you get your sim card back.

swiitness said:
HAHAHAHA No offence to OP, but I just found that sooooo hilarious.

Oh gawd you just made my day...
...oh and I hope you get your sim card back.

well im glad my misery made your day:frown2:

BlenderWizard said:
Dude, I'm sorry, but WTF? I mean the slot says SD/MMC, not SD/MMC/Sim.

That's almost like saying i tried to insert a bagel into the disc slot on my Wii.

Sorry you ****ed up your Wii.

don't be a douche, he knows he made a mistake, we've all done things like this, like when I tried to put toast with cheese in my toaster.

anyway, I"m sure you haven't ****ed up your wii, but obviously you want the SD card out. There is a YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kihXP9WYhLc&eurl

that shows someone dismantling the wii. It doesn't look too difficult, unlike a X360, PS3 or iBook, but I"m not sure what the warrently situation is. If you're careful, you may be able to do it without anyone being able to tell, but that would be difficult. it depends where the sim card is I guess, and how much you have to take apart to get to it. You may find once you take the first plate off you can get it out, but maybe not.

is it inside the SD slot, or is it rattling around in the wii casing itself?

sorry i'm not being very helpful.

EDIT: just having a look at my wii to see where it could have gone. so, has it slipped between the front face of the wii and black "inner" casing? if so, removing just the front face may be enough, which shouldn't be tooooo difficut, though easier said than done I"m sure,.

Last edited:
03powellcha said:
i tried to use my sim card as a sd card and stick it in the front of the wii but it fell down into the wii. Does anyone have any idea on how i could get it back.

Your a dumb@ss. . .but the easiest way to get the sim card back would just be to take out the few screws that are necessary to open the Wii, similar to opening a PC case; shouldn't have to undo anything else.

thendis said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kihXP9WYhLc&eurl
Nice find on the video. I'm appauled at the people sputtering constant profanities in the comments section that they took it apart....it's not like they broke the console.

But back on topic, by the looks of it you probably could get away with just taking off that front faceplate and lightly shaking the console to get the SIM card to drop out.

03powellcha said:
i tried to use my sim card as a sd card and stick it in the front of the wii but it fell down into the wii. Does anyone have any idea on how i could get it back.

Dude, I'm sorry, but WTF? I mean the slot says SD/MMC, not SD/MMC/Sim.

That's almost like saying i tried to insert a bagel into the disc slot on my Wii.

Sorry you ****ed up your Wii.

Hey, maybe we should all chip in and get this guy one of these shirts:

DDDTeeFront1.jpg

Ok it is funny but you people dont have to be so rude or ignorant about it. You cant tell me you didnt do something stupid.

P.S: I know how you must've felt when it fell in.

Back