Low Ps3 Sales Spell Trouble for Game Makers? Some thing so...

Is anyone interested in purchasing tthe domain gamewalks.com it is a great domain for a game walkthrough site.

PM me or cantact info is on the site.

Sovieto said:
same situation with wii? yah
the systems have been out a matter of months
Yeah I see I see but I'm just saying Sony has made their console to damned expensive for a younger player so why are some good all ages games(Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy and such) sticking with such an FPS bound system? If I asked for a PS3 for Christmas I might as well get nothing(asking for it would make me feel spoiled). The Wii cost a good price with good games! I could jump nice and high for that Wii and almost go too high while the Xbox360 is optional but hey I just don't like it, I think it sucks! :ihih: The PS3 has potential if they brought the price down. Nintendo tactic is to have the price low so that A LOT of people buy one, so far its working. PS3 should fix up the loose screws, toss that Blu-Ray player and make the price cheaper! Then it would be a good product!

Last edited:
Sony can burn in hell for all I care. Don't get me wrong, I am fond of some of the titles Sony makes for thier systems, it just that the company itself seems corrupted.

dedpoet777 said:
cool man whatever keeps your boat afloat dude. defend it for fun, fine with me. anyway, as far as the gaming industry, though i think microsoft has as much business in it as a pedophile in a classroom,but before id buy the ps3 id buy the xbox. but in reality i wont buy either right now.

i hate ms because for the richest company in the world, gaming aside, i think they put out garbage, as in windows. the richest company in the world should be putting out absolute quality stuff. there are things, plenty of them, being added in vista that the mac os has had for years. they put the zune out to try to combat apple there, put the xbox out to get into the gaming industry. they got their nose everywhere except where it needs to be, which is making a good os. xp was the best by far, and i dont know what you know about macs, but look it up, vista is a flat out rip off. they have yet to be creative except on a few minor details.
so...that is why i hate them. they dont put out quality and they do very few things original. imho, of course.

I have been playing with Vista for the past 3 months and I absolutely love it. Far better stability at least for me. Seems more streamlined. Maybe people that don't like it don't have powerful enough hardware. Don't know but I'll definitely be buying Vista Home Premium.

Sovieto said:
well its completely new hardware thats hard to design for right now

p.s. all your little anti ps3 articles are really getting annoying like a kid asking: are we there yet? every second

i dont really believe that, aside from graphics its the same old. id imagine the wii most difficult to produce games at this point. (due to wiimotes)

Monsteroids said:
Yeah I see I see but I'm just saying Sony has made their console to damned expensive for a younger player so why are some good all ages games(Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy and such) sticking with such an FPS bound system? If I asked for a PS3 for Christmas I might as well get nothing(asking for it would make me feel spoiled). The Wii cost a good price with good games! I could jump nice and high for that Wii and almost go too high while the Xbox360 is optional but hey I just don't like it, I think it sucks! :ihih: The PS3 has potential if they brought the price down. Nintendo tactic is to have the price low so that A LOT of people buy one, so far its working. PS3 should fix up the loose screws and toss that

if they drop price especially now if ever they will be loosing even more profit :/

dedpoet777 said:
couldnt agree more dude. actually, i always agree with everything you say man. you got a clear head on dude, unlike a lot of these fools on here that bash me, you, and others. theyre morons..... plain and simple...and they display it with every post.

edit---- my bad with the double wasnt paying attention. i thought someone else had already responded.

I just call em as I see em. However, lethal is actually a friend of mine, although we don't always agree, we still have the Wii in common as well as many other things. Anyhow I added you to my AIM buddy list if you don't mind. Yes, a lot of people are here just to insult it seems, but at least a few of us aren't. Although I disagree with Sovieto on a lot of things, I still don't mind him either.

Sovieto said:
i assume thats directed towards be whilst im just trying to keep ps3 forum as clean as possible from the mindless flame bait it receives
and..

thats just sad, ps3 is not greedy their loosing money still regardless, NINTENDO is greedy making profit per console

In a sense, they aren't being greedy for their charging of the console, however they are making up for it generously in other markets. If they were really wanting to show theirselves as not greedy, they could lower the price to match the xbox360's current pricing, although they'd be losing a bit more it would help them to possibly gain an edge in the future.

That being said, there isn't much flame bait going around here, we are just pointing out the obvious, and in this case at least he's pointing out facts and not just basing it on his own opinion completely. Anyone who takes it as flame bait must be completely biased towards the ps3, to not be able to see any of its flaws.

Chunk said:
Is anyone interested in purchasing tthe domain gamewalks.com it is a great domain for a game walkthrough site.

PM me or cantact info is on the site.

I'm tired of seeing this post everywhere. Post it for sale on craigslist, ebay, or something like that. This is a discussion forum, not a for sale/trade forum.

PtonJalken said:
i dont really believe that, aside from graphics its the same old. id imagine the wii most difficult to produce games at this point. (due to wiimotes)

The ps3 is far more difficult to make games for. They had the same problem with the ps2. I havent heard anybody say they had a problem developing for the wii yet.

yah wii is a breeze since its not as complex cause it more so repersents last gen gaming hardware, then they just have simple program for the wiimote controls

That being said, there isn't much flame bait going around here,
negative things are flame bait since they draw in flamers to have more reasons to bash a console

PtonJalken said:
if they drop price especially now if ever they will be loosing even more profit :/
I suppose you're right but then the media center would appeal to families and not just Undergrad ravenos FPS fans!

Sovieto said:
yah wii is a breeze since its not as complex cause it more so repersents last gen gaming hardware, then they just have simple program for the wiimote controls

negative things are flame bait since they draw in flamers to have more reasons to bash a console

Guess you could consider all things negative flame bait in a way. Then there's no point in debating as all things will be positive.

Sovieto said:

well sliced bread was simple too. the fact that ninty took a motion sensor system and made it work is the achievement, who else would have dared to try?. whats harder.. coming up with great ideas for a console and finding ways to make it work... or making a powerful console integrated with high-end technology?.

The wii may not be as powerful but with proper execution of ideas and creativity in mind it is quite complex.

i know u wernt trying to flame the wii Sovieto, but my point is when u step back and take a look the wii has a great deal of complexity to it... just in a different way.

imae said:
well sliced bread was simple too. the fact that ninty took a motion sensor system and made it work is the achievement, who else would have dared to try?. whats harder.. coming up with great ideas for a console and finding ways to make it work... or making a powerful console integrated with high-end technology?.

The wii may not be as powerful but with proper execution of ideas and creativity in mind it is quite complex.

i know u wernt trying to flame the wii Sovieto, but my point is when u step back and take a look the wii has a great deal of complexity to it... just in a different way.
motion sensing is an old technology whereas they had to create totally new thing for graphics and what not

Sovieto said:
motion sensing is an old technology whereas they had to create totally new thing for graphics and what not

>< true its an 'old' technology but my point was it's not about the technology itself, its how nintendo have applied it to a system and made it work (be fun).

look at it this way, the technology inside a PS3 or 360 for example, is complex.. but the idea to implement it is not.

There is no creativity/nothing original in saying "hey, lets make a powerful console... lets throw in a blue ray player" ...its not that nintendo couldn't do it (the technology is out there ready for use, just takes a few calls) it's that they decided not to do it, and for obvious reasons(cost, focus on other developement, etc).

Everyone knew that with 360 and PS3 we would be playing similar games with much better graphics. What we did not know is that we would be swinging our arms around playing a virtual tennis game.

what im trying to say here: there is complexity in bringing something original to a market and making it succeed, so in that respect wii is more complex.

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
i assume thats directed towards be whilst im just trying to keep ps3 forum as clean as possible from the mindless flame bait it receives
and..

thats just sad, ps3 is not greedy their loosing money still regardless, NINTENDO is greedy making profit per console

theirs a difference between making money and being greedy. Sony can sell tv and stuff to make up for the money they lose on the PS3 however nintendo can only make money on the nintendo wii (plus other accesories) so they have to make a profit to stop bankruptcy.

Back