Making a Video on Wii

Wii_Pro

WiiChat Member
Jun 23, 2007
Pensacola, FL
Wii Online Code
0287-9785-4389-2990
I wanna get a video of me playing bowling. I tried downloading fraps on the Wii but it gives me an error saying File format application/octet-stream not supported.

please don t double post, some PCs have an AV input for things like consoles,dvds players ect., if you have this then plug your Wii AV cables nto the back of your PC and open the program that deals with the AV input, you should be able to record through this program, the only other way i can think of is using a camcorder.

ciper said:
He tried to run Fraps on the Wii directly. :)

Wii_Pro: Follow Almo's advice.

Who tried to run Fraps on Wii ?

And I have no way of doing any AV Input or anything. There has got to be a way. How do other people do it? I dont wanna use a video camera.

lol... I was reading and no one really gave him a direct answer that fraps needs an operating system such as windows to run. Though I stand next to all of their suggestions.. either get a tv tuner or something of the sort to have it inputed to your computer, or just use an external camera.

ciper said:
Haha yeah. Shouldnt we assume he means a video he can share with others over the internet considering he mentioned Fraps?

yeah i kind of skimmed through and saw that after i posted. but wouldn't it be easier to go from vcr to computer than wii to computer?

Now I see the confusion. You aren't playing the Wii through the computer. You are using an LCD TV as a monitor and it has composite inputs.

To make a video of the Wii you need a video capture device or use your camera to take a video of the screen.

Back