Mario kart or SSBB

opitekk said:
i didnt read a damn thing but BUY BOTH! why skimp~ $100 aint no thang!
Sure thing, for kids and people that have bills to pay 100 bucks is a bit of a problem.

Simply because I've only played Smash Brothers on N64 and I played all the Mario Karts up until Gamecube and that I love racing games I would go with Mario Kart. I own more racing games than any other genre of game so there is my background and why I would choose that over Brawl, but to each their own.

cyberzomby said:
I can agree with youre thoughts there. But I still think Mario has a bigger fanbase. The truth is, mario hasnt got many publicity but I think a lot of people are waiting for galaxy. Becaues sunshine wasnt what they hoped. Galaxy is "hyped" to be like Mario 64. Thats appealing to a lot. I mean, just look at the huge amount of pre orders for galaxy in japan.
Bigger fanbase? Is there a "Mariofans.com" to compete with "Smash Boards"? I think not. Is there a weekly updating site to revamp Galaxy to be the next big game to compete with SSBB's "Dojo"? I think not. Is Galaxy going to be online, or even multi-player for that matter (everyone is obsessed with online at the moment, and even better, online multi-player)? I think not.

Not to mention some of the factors such as thinking about all the characters and levels they could add to Brawl to make it "the greatest thing since ever"; there's such a large amount of choices to pick from that it keeps you wondering about the roster for Brawl, among other things. When you read about Galaxy, you can pretty much tell that:

- It's going to totally based around space.

- You can't really wonder about the character "roster", as there is only Mario + the regular enemies, and the ones that Nintendo will fathom up for Galaxy which have never before been seen.

- It will be a lot like SM64 (according to Miyamoto/Ichiwa/One of the big guys).

You can pretty much guess what the game will be like. But, with Brawl, new characters add new aspects and reasons to buy the game, as do new levels, items, and various modes (which Galaxy most likely won't have, just the adventure mode). There are so many extra things to do on Brawl, it has never-ending replay value, especially with the online...there's just no doubt it will beat Galaxy.

Also, I've seen a lot of people saying "Well I played a lot of Super Smash Bros./Mario Kart/Mario, so I'll vote for that." It doesn't work that way. You have to look at it in global point of view. What the masses are going to buy, not just think that the entire world has the same view as you and will buy exactly the same game.

*sigh*

[/rant]

i never said its going to be the greatest game ever. but its going to be probably the best for the wii. why? Well, because it was delayed they get to add 2x more things. Game cube and n64 versions were very fun. and nintendo pretty much forced them to make it for the wii. meaning its probably one hell of a game.

ya i think Galaxy will have more fan base because its coming out before ssmb and mariokart but it doesn't matter all of them will be huge hits anyway!Im getting all of them

I think you need to concider who actually owns a Wii

Sales of each of these games doesnt really reflect how good the games are.
In my opinion Galaxy will tower over Brawl in sales, but that doesnt mean its a better game (although it might be)

There are more casual non-hardcore gamers who own a Wii,, then have ever owned a prevous console (probably not right, but you know what i mean). I just cant see how Brawl can outsell Galaxy. I would also put kart over Brawl in sales as racing games traditionally outsell fighters.

Look at it this way. In my opinion Need for speed is a pretty average racing game, but it owns the likes of tekken on sales, regardless of the fact tekken is a high quality fighter.

toadsage said:
i say mario kart isnt having much hype because it doesnt even come out this year i believe
Q1 08'
balrogs.pa said:
i never said its going to be the greatest game ever.
I didn't say, "Balrogs.pa said it was going to be the greatest game ever." I was just stating the fact that it has the potential to be that good.
balrogs.pa said:
but its going to be probably the best for the wii. why? Well, because it was delayed they get to add 2x more things. Game cube and n64 versions were very fun. and nintendo pretty much forced them to make it for the wii. meaning its probably one hell of a game.
Nintendo didn't "force" them to make it (unless you have a source that can back that up, I just haven't seen that piece of info), it's just such a huge franchise, with such great potential, why would you quit making them?
Griff said:
I think you need to concider who actually owns a Wii

Sales of each of these games doesnt really reflect how good the games are.
In my opinion Galaxy will tower over Brawl in sales, but that doesnt mean its a better game (although it might be)

There are more casual non-hardcore gamers who own a Wii,, then have ever owned a prevous console (probably not right, but you know what i mean). I just cant see how Brawl can outsell Galaxy. I would also put kart over Brawl in sales as racing games traditionally outsell fighters.

Look at it this way. In my opinion Need for speed is a pretty average racing game, but it owns the likes of tekken on sales, regardless of the fact tekken is a high quality fighter.
Those are valid points, but tekken isn't SSB. Smash Bros. has been growing tremendously with their previous 2 games, but Kart and Sunshine might have turned people off (because they were worse then their predecessors when they were expected to be better). Also the tons of reasons i've stated in my last 3 posts which I won't repeat again. -_-

Last edited:
Back