Mario Kart Wii----Screenies, Info and characters

daviduk200

The XBOX 360 Guy
Jul 18, 2007
Scotland
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
right well im sure wee all know abut this title well i found some new screenies thought i post them here, and i also thought i might make the thread more usefull by adding all the info so far.

178 Screenies

yes 178, including screenies of online menues and leaderboards, and races

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=3422

All The Info

Release Date
Jap April 10 2008
UK April 11 2008
USA April 27 2008

Characters
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Peach
  • Baby mario
  • Baby luigi
  • Baby Peach
  • Yoshi
  • Bowser
  • Wario
  • Waluigi
  • Toad
  • Diddy Kong
  • Donkey Kong
  • Koopa
  • Mii's
Tracks
16 old, 16 new
  • moo moo farm
  • Yoshis circuit (DS)
  • Mario Circuit (Snes)
  • Peaches castle
  • Wario gold Mines
  • Luigi Circuit (GC)
  • Daisy circuit
  • Waluigi Stadium
Karts

Motorbikes (100cc,150cc)
Karts (50cc, 150cc)

Weapons
  • Mushrooms
  • Green shells
  • Red Shells
  • Blue shells
  • Stars
  • Lightning
  • Bullet Bill
  • Pow Block (New)
  • Mega Mushroom (New)
  • Lightning Cloud (New)
Controlls

Wiimote with wheel
Wiimote without wheel
Wiimote and nunchuck
Gamecube controller

Cost/bundle

TBC/
bundled with wii wheel

Number

Modes

Battle
Race
seperate channel for leader boards, and ghost data downloads, and tournaments

Friends Codes

Yes, according to screenshots, 12 digit numbers. :(

Chat
Text only, EDIT: Predefined Phrases, FFS Im pissed at nintendo

Other info

• 2 people may go online from the one wii console. (online)
  • 4 player local splitscreen multiplayer
  • ability to play as Miis has to be unlocked
  • if you join Mid-game you will be a spectater untill race ends. (online)
  • Host chooses rules and specifications, but players then vote on course.
  • stunts give you power boosts
  • No Snaking (boost depends on how long you hold power slide)

so enjoy

Ratings

Official nintendo magazine UK----94%

Last edited:
Looks a bit to childish for my liking they should make the new mario kart like the old skool versions like the one of the snes and N64 those were the best.

ally_uk said:
Looks a bit to childish for my liking they should make the new mario kart like the old skool versions like the one of the snes and N64 those were the best.
I don't understand what you mean by childish. It's the same general idea as the originals.

ally_uk said:

I get what he means by childish, I love the Mario Kart series but the graphics don't look very good. Smash Bros graphics look far better. I hope the game play is killer.

Who cares? This kart game's gonna rawk. <3

I hope Daisy's gonna be in there, otherwise my sis will go loopy. 9_9 Peach is my gal... wait, is she riding a bike!? Good lord, how can you win on that thing?? XD Man, Peach must have some strong legs. *bricked*

My fave part about these screens... I see many tracks I recognize! Namely my old favorite Moo Moo Farm! *bounceoffwalls* I still wish they could have added on the double racer feature like in Double Dash.

rly?
i didnt like the twin racers as much it was fun for a while but limited things

Yeah, I love it A LOT. Because me and my sis like to play most of our games together--that's why I tend to be the only one who really loves rpgs because I don't mind single player games. But I love 2player ones where you can adventure together, it's a lot more fun! Especially if it's optional.

Take Legend of Mana, Tales of Symphonia, and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for example. All had optional multiplayer adventure/gameplay.

Well, I'll be fine either way, but it'd still be nice if they had like "Duo Mode" or something. XD

well i love co-op play so much its the best, i just dont like it in sorting games / racing.

i mean imagine co-op RE4

Motorbikes FTW! And you can perform stunts! It doesn't get any better, as long as they have replays, to show off the stunts. I'm wondering, what happens if you screw up a wheelie, or any stunt for that matter? D'you go flying off your kart/bike?

for thos who dont know a trailer got released the other day aswell, showing off motorbikes ect. its pretty short, its bad quality and its in japanese but atleast we can see how the game is :D.
tricks look pretty sweet, hopefuly ign or something will get a hands on with this game soon

i thought it was 10 originally but i wasnty 100% positive, so i just put at least for security

Sounds sweet. <3 Can't wait to roll dem bikes.

And it would be funny if you could mess up a stunt and go flying. XD I used to have an old computer game where that happened quite often. The flying off your motorcycle thing was SO unrealistic in that game, I did on purpose just to laugh. Never got tired of it.

Trailer! Thanks for the heads up wiiiiii~

yeah i hope they do something more imaginitive than the classic

sminning in circles when u get hit or hit a bananna,

Back