Mario Party 8 best-seller

cool thanks everyone

this game hits Aus in 2 days and i just saved myself 79 bucks by reading this thread

search is your friend :)

Top seller? Not a good game in my opinion. Simply not fun and is too slow. Just a game in the Mario franchise that is trying to milk the Mario Bros. legacy.

I got the game with the Wii in a bundle and haven't had time to try it out. I've read many reviews of it and it seems like a good party game, the multiplayer make the minigames fun and the single player mode doesn't seem to fulfill the expectations of Mario fans like all the poster said above.

I paid $323 for the bundle, and figured it came with the game so it wasn't a bad deal even if it ends up to be just fair.

i think the mario party 9 wii have online game play. but i dont get the point of it being off line. they should of did it on line and play with peopel around the globe. like mmds

guys i live in south africa where the wii is not out yet i bought mine in france and my dad who lives there comes every 2 months and brings me 1 or 2 games my sister wich is 10 years old plays mario party 4 everyday should i ask him to buy mario party 8 will she like it and is it good?:crazy:

It's early September now and it's still selling well. I bought it 10 days ago after reading reviews that said it was 5 out of 5 or 10 out of 10.

Yes, the mini-games themselves are 4/3, while everything else is 16/9. That does make it seem odd. The way around this it to select it as 4/3, then adjust your television set to make it 16/9. Most people are doing that now.
But I don't mind - it looks fine for me.

Now, I never used any of the other mario parties - so this one I really like - it's got 64 mini games as part of it's regular game, and in it you can buy an extra 4 when you earn tickets - each one is fifty tickets (easy enough to get). So that's a total of 68 mini-games.

And I know most of you gamers have much better skill than I, but I couldn't beat a lot of these games. Not at all. Hey, I'm still having trouble with Stampede - the single player one!

Oh - another game like this one was just released last week - CARNIVAL. It's selling out all over. I can't find it anyway - Even on Amazon.com it's sold out - and Overstock.com - Sold Out. They don't expect it in until two more weeks.

Ken

Last edited:
skool sucks -

Mario Party 8 or Scarface - which one to get?

Depends on what type of games you like SS.

If you like party type games for groups, definitely buy Mario Party - it's great for a group of friends - and definitely uses the controllers to their full advantage.

If you want a non-party game, then go for Scarface.

It's rather a simple choice mate.

For me, I like to play games with my family - and mario party 8 fit the bill. When my Brother and Sister in law visited with my niece and nephew, we had lots of fun playing Mario Party. Heck - I have lots of fun playing it alone against computer characters. You can make playing them "very hard" and it's extremely, and I mean extrememly dificcult to win against them! (but I keep trying)

Either way - have fun with whatever one you choose. Ken

I'm glad to hear its been so popular, personally I really enjoy the game, but there are a lot of haters on this site, just expected the world from it and didn't live up to that.

I was able to finally get CARNIVAL. It is a bit like MP8, but then it's not.

Carnival, in single player mode is just that - single player - you don't compete against other characters run by the computer. You just play by yourself.

But you do play about 25 different Carnival Games - ones that I remember growing up in the 1960's and early 70's here in America.

Carnival's fun, but it's no MP8 - doesn't even come close. But as a party/group game, it would be fun. Still - where I'd grade MP8 at 95%, Carnival would only earn 80%.

Kentomodo

Back