Mario

mrpiddly

WiiChat Member
Mar 10, 2007
Really mario just needs to die. The only good 3d game with him was mario 64 and now they are just making tons of games with mario and they all suck. Its almost like they cant come up with somthing new. They can just relly on one stupid charactor to pull them past the ps3. Better graphics and controllers dont make a better game. thats why mario 64 will always be the only mario for me.

mrpiddly said:
Really mario just needs to die.
I agree with you. Mario games are getting bored. It is almost always the same storyline. I think they should stop making Mario games and create a new character.

Well I am new into the world of Nintendo, the Wii is my first system and I am still waiting to get my fair share of mario games.

Haha a whole new line of Luigi games! This is my first nintendo system since N64 so I have missed alot of good mario games so I can't wait for all of these games to come out!

I think the real problem is you have something called personal preference and maybe you honestly don't like most Mario games.

However that does not make them crap, it just means you don't like them. After all the evidence is in the online reviews, magazines, and many intelligent gamer opinions.

Last time I checked Super Mario Sunshine was considered a good game by most critics. The only reason people say it sucks is because it's not their type of game or because of the fact it didn't live up to expectations after mario 64.

mrpiddly said:
Really mario just needs to die. The only good 3d game with him was mario 64 and now they are just making tons of games with mario and they all suck. Its almost like they cant come up with somthing new. They can just relly on one stupid charactor to pull them past the ps3. Better graphics and controllers dont make a better game. thats why mario 64 will always be the only mario for me.
meh
better graphics and controllers dont make a better game?
is that why mario 64 was a breakthrough in graphics AND controls for it's 3D?

Mario will never die, he will always be around. What Nintendo needs to do is release more adventure. Don't get me wrong, I like party games, racing games, etc, but we need some good adventure games don't you think?

more than likely the game industry would not be as it is today were it not for mario. Nintendo and Mario revived the nearly-dead industry in the 80s and if it weren't for Nintendo teaming with Sony on the playstation (and then later quitting on the project) Playstation probably wouldnt even exist either. So give the old man some credit.

I understand what you're saying, they do have the same game all the time and the same story and what not but it's always been fun to me. What i wish they would do is get a new story line for Zelda. I LOVE THE GAMES SO MUCH, I just want a story line that i can't predict, i want to be surprised instead of knowing who the villain is going to be before they even announce the game is coming out. And I dont think nintendo is relying on the power of JUST mario to carry them through the life of the Wii. THey have other very strong franchises as well. Pokemon for one, which I believe was/is(?) the highest selling game in japan. I'm talking about the DS versions, but I expect the Wii game to do phenomenal as well.

I'm no fanboy and respect others decision to dislike stuff, but come on Mario's a classic. But they do need to give his bro some more time in the spotlight. They "pretended" to throw Luigi a bone on the cube with Luigi's Mansion, but in essence it was still about Mario because you spent the whole game looking for him. They need to make a Luigi game that has nothing to do with mario in any fashion, except maybe mario comes and helps out once and a while.

I've always wanted to play Mario Sunshine can't wait to get my wii

Back