Metroid Prime 3 revolutionary?

SuppaRoy said:
SSBB will be the halo of Wii. It is gonna have the most people online and its never gonna die until the next SSB comes out. Metroid.....ends when u pass the game.

i think i recall reading that you can get new missions through wiiconnect24

edit: aww **** sorry for double post......i didn't realise i posted here two minutes prior.....shut up i am tired

mushroomedmario said:
nah it's sorta revolutionary due to finalsmash, and crawling and what not. what really was anti-recolutionary was mario aprty 8, only 6 friggen maps and they all suck,

another comlaint about the game(sorta off topic): i do not think that boo, dry bones, hammer bro or blooper should be playable characters,

SSBB involves skill, it PWNS n00bs, its Ninty, I can say shove it up your a-hole while winning/losing, it is good.

mushroomedmario said:
why did you quote ME? i hardly said anything about ssbb and skill

because I'm to lazy to go to the bottom of the page, to find that other dude. Sorry. Besides you seemed like you were kinda agreeing with the n00b. I agree on MP8. :yesnod:

Last edited:
mushroomedmario said:
i think i recall reading that you can get new missions through wiiconnect24

edit: aww **** sorry for double post......i didn't realise i posted here two minutes prior.....shut up i am tired

Like i said a few posts before, wouldn't it be possible for nintendo to add some form of online multiplayer through a update via wiiconnect24??

ciper said:
Just to play devils advocate

Did Halo end when you beat the game?
No, Halo does not end after you beat the game because it has the best online multiplayer on a console to date. Endless hours of replayability.

Metroid does not even have online multiplayer period.

Unless you are meaning Halo 1, which you might have been.......

mushroomedmario said:
i think that's too big of an update to do over wiiconnect24

i wouldn't have thought it would be that big a update... but if it is so big would there be any other way to add it in?

Bloodfin182 said:
No, Halo does not end after you beat the game because it has the best online multiplayer on a console to date. Endless hours of replayability.

Metroid does not even have online multiplayer period.

Unless you are meaning Halo 1, which you might have been.......

Please do not take what I'm going to say personally:

Halo is highly overrated.

G3n0cide said:
i wouldn't have thought it would be that big a update... but if it is so big would there be any other way to add it in?

Yea, sadly it would probably too big... especially if they do a good job with it. I mean the maps you play on would probably take up quite a bit of space and our little Wii's only have 512 mb.

The only other way I could see them dishing out multiplayer would be to release it on a CD and sell it to us.

Monsteroids said:
Please do not take what I'm going to say personally:

Halo is highly overrated.

haha i cant believe you can say that.. if halo 1 and 2 werent THAT good (which is not the case) then why would halo 3 be getting so much hype.. i havent even played online halo and i think its 1 of the best games ever made (yes i do have super smash bros and i do LOVE super smash and still play it all the time but just not as good as halo).. so please dont say halo is "overrated"

Halo is probably the best console FPS since Goldeneye. However, lets not forget that it's incredibly outdated when compared to PC FPS's. It's just simply rubbish. Halo 2 or Half Life 2? Well I wonder.... And if your talking multiplayer, Halo 2 vs Battlefield 2? Again, a complete no brainer. The Halo hype annoys me. I do not see how it can be considered anything other than average when compared to PC shooters.

The point with Metroid is, perhaps it could change this. It's fairly redundant to play FPS's on ANY console atm if you have a PC. They're simply worse. Metroid has a chance to change this. I think the Wii controllers have the opportunity to provide a true alternative to keyboard and mouse. They will never be as easy to use, as accurate or allow you to become do proficient a headshot machine with. But - they may feel a lot better, make you feel as if your really holding the gun. If that's the case and the controls are tight it could be revolutionary. I've got hopes but really for all of this to materialise it does need an online multiplayer mode. Without that the "revolution" would be crucially incomplete.

As for SSMB, yes of course it's anti-revolutionary. I mean for god sakes; if they changed that game in any major way there would be absolute uproar on these boards.

It wont 'revolutionize' FPS's. They already have a lot of games that use the same thing.

Its only redundant to play Xbox games if you have a PC.

GamerCon said:
It wont 'revolutionize' FPS's. They already have a lot of games that use the same thing.

Its only redundant to play Xbox games if you have a PC.

Errr what do you mean by that?
A lot of games that use a Wii Remote or something similar for aim? Name me one.... Time Crisis is not comparable - it's on rails, which is something completely different.

Well theres Far Cry, Medal of Honor, Elebits, Zelda. Its not going to be the first game to do it so it wont be revolutionary. Just to clear it up, im not saying anything bad about it, just saying its not revolutionary. This:
I've never been a fan of shooting games myself, but this..is different. I just couldn't get into Bond games, the controls were too unreal, you know? They just never felt like they fit before, i didn't feel like i was actually shooting.
Probably the dumbest thing i ever heard.

Time Crisis was a fun game though.

Last edited:
Back