Muslims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squall7 said:
Interesting...

...Why do you think that?

Also, what do you mean by dominate? Do you mean like an occupation of the world, forcing your own values on others, or do you just mean the most widely accepted religion?

Islam is currently the second largest religion and will at present growth rates become the largest religion within a few decades. Also, according to Islam they have a messiah coming, the Mahdi I believe. I also believe that also have a messiah coming alright. When he comes he is going establish a New World Order and institute Islamic law all over the earth. All Muslims are commanded to give their allegiance to The Mahdi as the final Caliph and Imam (leader) of Islam giving him a powerful army that will attempt to control every nation of the earth and dominate the World. The Mahdi is said to make a peace treaty through a Jew. The Mahdi will later attack to re-conquer and seize Jerusalem for Islam and establish the Islamic Caliphate from Jerusalem. The Mahdi will execute anyone who does not submit to Islam. The Dajjal, the Islamic Antichrist as I like to refer to as, will gain a great Jewish following and will fight against the Mahdi. The Islamic Armageddon I guess you could say.

http://www.sathyasai.org/

I have come to light the lamp of Love in your hearts, to see that it shines day by day with added luster. I have not come on behalf of any exclusive religion. I have not come on a mission of publicity for a sect or creed or cause, nor have I come to collect followers for a doctrine. I have no plan to attract disciples or devotees into my fold or any fold. I have come to tell you of this unitary faith, this spiritual principle, this path of Love, this virtue of Love, this duty of Love, this obligation of Love.

For the protection of the virtuous, for the destruction of evil-doers and for establishing righteousness on a firm footing, I incarnate from age to age. Whenever disharmony (asanthi) overwhelms the world, the Lord will incarnate in human form to establish the modes of earning peace (prasanthi) and to reeducate the human community in the paths of peace. At the present time, strife and discord have robbed peace and unity from the family, the school, the society, the religions, the cities, and the state.

The arrival of the Lord is also anxiously awaited by saints and sages. Spiritual aspirants (sadhus) prayed and I have come. My main tasks are fostering of the Vedas (Hindu scriptures) and fostering of the devotees. Your virtue, your self-control, your detachment, your faith, your steadfastness: these are the signs by which people read of my glory. You can lay claim to be a devotee only when you have placed yourself in my hands fully and completely with no trace of ego. You can enjoy the bliss through the experience the Avathar confers. The Avathar behaves in a human way so that mankind can feel kinship, but rises into his superhuman heights so that mankind can aspire to reach the heights, and through that aspiration actually reach him. Realizing the Lord within you as the motivator is the task for which he comes in human form.

Avathars like Rama and Krishna had to kill one or more individuals who could be identified as enemies of the righteous (dharmic) way of life, and thus restore the practice of virtue. But now there is no one fully good, so who deserves the protection of God? All are tainted by wickedness, so who will survive if the Avathar decides to uproot? Therefore, I have come to correct the intelligence (buddhi), by various means. I have to counsel, help, command, condemn and stand by as a friend and well-wisher to all, so that they may give up evil propensities and, recognizing the straight mark, tread it and reach the goal. I have to reveal to the people the worth of the Vedas, the Sastras and the spiritual texts which lay down the norms. If you will accept me and say "Yes," I too will respond and say, "Yes, yes, yes." If you deny and say "No," I also echo "No." Come, examine, experience, have faith. This is the method of utilizing me.

I do not mention Sai Baba in any of my discourses, but I bear the name as Avathar of Sai Baba. I do not appreciate in the least the distinction between the various appearances of God: Sai, Rama, Krishna, etc. I do not proclaim that this is more important or that is less important. Continue your worship of your chosen God along lines already familiar to you, then you will find that you are coming nearer to me. For all names are mine, and all forms are mine. There is no need to change your chosen God and adopt a new one when you have seen me and heard me.

Every step in the career of the Avathar is predetermined. Rama came to feed the roots truth (sathya) and righteousness dharma. Krishna came to foster peace shanti, and love prema. Now all these four are in danger of being dried up. That is why the present Avathar has come. The righteousness that has fled to the forests has to be brought back into the villages and towns. The anti-righteousness that is ruining the villages and towns must be driven back into the jungle.

I have come to give you the key of the treasure of bliss ananda, to teach you how to tap that spring, for you have forgotten the way to blessedness. If you waste this time of saving yourselves, it is just your fate. You have come to get from me tinsel and trash, the petty little cures and promotions, worldly joys and comforts. Very few of you desire to get from me the thing that I have come to give you: namely, liberation itself. Even among these few, those who stick to the path of spiritual practice (sadhana) and succeed are a handful.

Your worldly intelligence cannot fathom the ways of God. He cannot be recognized by mere cleverness of intelligence. You may benefit from God, but you cannot explain him. Your explanations are merely guesses, attempts to cloak your ignorance in pompous expressions. Bring something into your daily practice as evidence of your having known the secret of the higher life from me. Show that you have greater brotherliness. Speak with more sweetness and self-control. Bear defeat as well as victory with calm resignation, I am always aware of the future and the past as well as the present of every one of you, so I am not so moved by mercy. Since I know the past, the background, the reaction is different. It is your consequence of evil deliberately done in the previous birth, so I allow your suffering to continue, often modified by some little compensation. I do not cause either joy or grief. You are the designer of both these chains that bind you. I am the embodiment of bliss (Anandaswarupa). Come, take bliss (ananda) from me, dwell on that bliss, and be full of peace (shanti).

My acts are the foundations on which I am building my work, the task for which I have come. All the miraculous acts which you observe are to be interpreted so. The foundation for a dam requires a variety of materials. Without these it will not last and hold back the waters. An incarnation of the Lord has to be used in various ways by man for his uplift.

The Lord has no intention to publicize himself. I do not need publicity, nor does any other Avathar of the Lord. What are you daring to publicize? Me? What do you know about me? You speak one thing about me today and another tomorrow. Your faith has not become unshakable. You praise me when things go well and blame me when things go wrong. When you start publicity you descend to the level of those who compete in collecting plenty by decrying others and extolling themselves.

Where money is calculated, garnered or exhibited to demonstrate one's achievements, I will not be present. I come only where sincerity and faith and surrender are valued. Only inferior minds will revel in publicity and self-aggrandizement. These have no relevance in the case of Avathars. Avathars need no advertizement.

The establishment of righteousness (dharma): that is my aim. The teaching of dharma, the spread of dharma: that is my object. These miracles, as you call them, are just a means toward that end. Some of you remark that Ramakrishna Paramahamsa (an Indian saint) said that yogic powers (siddhis) are obstructions in the path of the spiritual aspirant (sadhaka) Yes, yogic powers may lead the spiritual aspirant astray. Without being involved in them he has to keep straight on. His ego will bring him down if he yields to the temptation of demonstrating his yogic powers. That is the correct advice which every aspirant should heed. But the mistake lies in equating me with a sadhaka, like the one whom Ramakrishna wanted to help, guide and warn. These yogic powers are just in the nature of the Avathar -- the creation of things with intent to protect and give joy is spontaneous and lasting. Creation, preservation, and dissolution can be accomplished only by the Almighty ... no one else can.

Cynics carp without knowledge. If they learn the Sastras or scriptures, or if they cultivate direct experience, they can understand me. Your innate laziness prevents you from the spiritual exercises necessary to discover the nature of God. This laziness should go. It has to be driven out of man's nature in whatever shape it appears. That is my mission. My task is not merely to cure and console and remove individual misery but is something far more important. The removal of misery and distress is incidental to my mission. My main task is the reestablishment of the Vedas and Sastras (spiritual scriptures), and revealing the knowledge about them to all people. This task will succeed. It will not be limited. It will not be slowed down. When the Lord decides and wills, his divine will cannot be hindered.

You must have heard people say that mine is all magic. But the manifestation of divine power must not be interpreted in terms of magic. Magicians play their tricks for earning their maintenance, worldly fame, and wealth. They are based on falsehood and they thrive on deceit, but this body could never stoop to such a low level. This body has come through the Lord's resolve to come. That resolve is intended to uphold truth (sathya). Divine resolve is always true resolve. Remember there is nothing that divine power cannot accomplish. It can transmute earth into sky and sky into earth. To doubt this is to prove that you are too weak to grasp great things, the grandeur of the universe.

I have come to instruct all in the essence of the Vedas, to shower on all this precious gift, to protect the ancient wisdom (sanathana dharma) and preserve it. My mission is to spread happiness, so I am always ready to come among you not once, but twice or thrice -- as often as you want me. Many of you probably think that since people from all parts of India, and even foreign countries outside India, come to Puttaparthi, they must be pouring their contributions into the coffers of the Nilayam (Prasanthi Nilayam: name of Sai Baba's ashram). But let me declare the truth. I do not take anything from anyone except their love and devotion. This has been my consistent practice for the last many years. People who come here are giving me just the wealth of faith, devotion, and love. That is all.

Many of you come to me with problems of health and mental worry of one sort or another. They are mere baits by which you have been brought here. But the main purpose is that you may have grace and strengthen your faith in the divine. Problems and worries are really to be welcomed, as they teach you the lessons of humility and reverence. Running after external things produces all this discontent. That type of desire has no end. Once you have become a slave to the senses, they will not leave hold until you are dead. It is an unquenchable thirst. But I call you to me and even grant worldly boons so that you may turn God-ward. No Avathar has done like this before, going among the masses, counseling them, guiding them, consoling them, uplifting them, and directing them along the path of truth, righteousness, peace and love (sathya, dharma, santhi and prema).

My activities and movements will never be altered, whoever may pass whatever opinion on them. I shall not modify my plans for the establishment of righteousness (dharmasthapana), my discourses, or my movements. I have stuck to this determination for many years and I am engaged in the task for which I have come: that is, to inculcate faith in the path of the highest spiritual peace (prasanthi). I shall not stop or retract a step.

Not even the biggest scientist can understand me by means of his laboratory knowledge. I am always full of bliss. Whatever may happen, nothing can come in the way of my smile. That is why I am able to impart joy to you and make your burden lighter. I never exult when I am extolled, nor shrink when I am reviled. Few have realized my purpose and significance, but I am not worried. When things that are not in me are attributed to me, why should I worry? When things that are in me are mentioned, why should I exult? For me it is always, "Yes, yes, yes." If you give all and surrender to the Lord, he will guard and guide you. The Lord has come for just this task. He is declaring that he will do so, and that it is the very task that has brought him here. I know the agitations of your heart and its aspirations, but you do not know my heart. I react to the pain that you undergo and to the joy that you feel, for I am in your heart. I am the dweller in the temple of every heart. Do not lose contact and company, for it is only when the coal is in contact with the live embers that it can also become live ember.

Cultivate a nearness with me in the heart and it will be rewarded. Then you too will acquire a fraction of that supreme love. This is a great chance. Be confident that you will all be liberated. Know that you are saved. Many hesitate to believe that things will improve, that life will be happy for all and full of joy, and that the golden age will recur. Let me assure you that this divine body (dharmaswarupa) has not come in vain. It will succeed in averting the crisis that has come upon humanity.

someone better not quote that thing...

I don't know: where did you get your info? Just surfing the internet?

I_Dont_Know859 said:
The Mahdi will execute anyone who does not submit to Islam..
Thats why I hate Islam, they'll kill you if you dont convert.....Dont see any other religons doing that

Scrup said:
Thats why I hate Islam, they'll kill you if you dont convert.....Dont see any other religons doing that

What a great opportunity for you to say that after you heard that! Look how ignorant you are, nobody said anything about Muslims killing you to convert--that is AGAINST the religion. The Mahdi (which I have to do some research on myself) will not simply just kill those who do not accept Islam...as this goes against Islamic teachings altogether. What an excuse to reveal your true feelings--and your true feelings are clearly marked by ignorance. If a Muslim forces another to convert to Islam, they are not following their religion correctly and therefore doing that is a great sin. LOL Christianity was spread by the sword (just an example of a religion that was spread by the sword), while Islam was not. There are certain rules and laws in Islam set before you can start a war or battle, all stringed together by pure logic. One of those rules include offering the opposing side peaceably knoweledge of Islam. If they refuse this logical solution to war, they are deemed ignorant and not just, fair and open, for the most part. Disbelievers, in this case, would be considered those violently AGAINST Islam, and therefore enemies. and HELLO, why are you so quick to forget the Crusades?? After all, "It was the will of God." Convert-or-Die. Your ignorance has caused you to contradict yourself grossly. Think twice, or maybe even three times before posting.

Last edited:
Brawny said:
someone better not quote that thing...

I don't know: where did you get your info? Just surfing the internet?
The Quran, Hadith Literature for the most part. I've surfed the internet for related issues but the internet can be dangerous looking up info on religion... I've always had an interest in Armageddon, not just my religion, but others as well.

Darkprinny said:
Some tryed to rape my sister once they just pulled up and tryed to grab her(if it wasn't for a passing jogger shed of been abducted)
Even in one of my past jobs one of them said to one of our Jewsih workers that hed better watch his back other wise hed kill him and his god will forgive him
Most that I see are arrogant sods (Push past with out usein basic manners)
Worked on a market they all wanted a discount (on one thing one even try to talk my down to paying a fiver for some thing that was £20)
Its also the ones that dont even bother to use English that piss me off (your in England English is our language so learn it)
I have known three (in the real world) that I get along with (one owns the local shop the one works in the same department as me, the other was years ago)

Whats the point of them killing them selfs in order to kill others (By all means sacrifice your life to save other peoples but not the other way around)

Where as I try to get along with people (who cares about religion its all a big mind **** to me)

Meh had to get that off my chest

Meh to not being silly so heres a pic

Interestingly your description of Muslims fits alot of minorities, and not just Muslims. I could say the same thing about the Asians (Particularly most of the Chinese we encounter at work) and the Jews I have met - Alot of them behave like snobby bastards who think they're too good to be around anyone who's not of their race/religion. Also the Aforementioned minorities are particularly problematic especially in my line of work, always trying to scrounge out discounts (raiding the reduced stock heaps) and the Asians especially, when something's on special they'll buy the entire shops' worth of it.

Funnily enough, I haven't met very many Muslims or for that matter Muslims who fit the description you give. I'm sure they exist though and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for that. However like I said, I don't belive that description is only appliccable to Muslims. Of the Muslims (or as I cannot prove the minorities you describe are actually devout followers of the reilgion of Islam, I shall refer to them as Middle-Easterners) I have had contact with, alot of them seem like fairly decent people who respect us and our way of life (even though the Media do not like to portray them like this) while working regular jobs and not expecting any special treatment or anything of the such.

One thing I do agree with you on though, is the immigrants who do not speak English in an English-speaking country. I find alot of the Asian migrants are particularly bad in this sense. I feel a great sense of disrespect from them when they can't even give me an English response, even though our language here is English. I believe that's why English-competency is now a prerequisite to obtaining citizenship here.

I think Muslims are the new scapegoats of the world, just like some fifty years ago we had a little thing called the "Red Scare" where Communism/Communists were the scapegoats of society, they were the most feared and hated people of the world (even though, in Historical retrospect they posed very little threat to the West). I believe it's the same with "terrorists". I believe there is in fact very little threats in the world, as opposed to a certain few regions of particular danger. Fear is the most effective way to control the masses, and by keeping the masses in constant fear of an imminent terrorist attack, the politicians can subdue them into mindless slavery to satisfy their own agendas.

Of course, they have to have the odd raid or something of a similar capacity to actually remind the voters that their goverment and an unnessacerry war is the only thing standing in the way of a world ruled by terrorists. How many times have you seen in the news a report about an imminent terrorist attack only to wait a few days/weeks/months only to have nothing happen? If terrorist attacks are so rife and "imminent", why don't we have more of them? I don't buy it. We need to switch off the TV and look at the real world, not the world a small group of powerful people create for us to see.

Ezekiel86 said:
Interestingly your description of Muslims fits alot of minorities, and not just Muslims. I could say the same thing about the Asians (Particularly most of the Chinese we encounter at work) and the Jews I have met - Alot of them behave like snobby bastards who think they're too good to be around anyone who's not of their race/religion. Also the Aforementioned minorities are particularly problematic especially in my line of work, always trying to scrounge out discounts (raiding the reduced stock heaps) and the Asians especially, when something's on special they'll buy the entire shops' worth of it.

Funnily enough, I haven't met very many Muslims or for that matter Muslims who fit the description you give. I'm sure they exist though and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for that. However like I said, I don't belive that description is only appliccable to Muslims. Of the Muslims (or as I cannot prove the minorities you describe are actually devout followers of the reilgion of Islam, I shall refer to them as Middle-Easterners) I have had contact with, alot of them seem like fairly decent people who respect us and our way of life (even though the Media do not like to portray them like this) while working regular jobs and not expecting any special treatment or anything of the such.

One thing I do agree with you on though, is the immigrants who do not speak English in an English-speaking country. I find alot of the Asian migrants are particularly bad in this sense. I feel a great sense of disrespect from them when they can't even give me an English response, even though our language here is English. I believe that's why English-competency is now a prerequisite to obtaining citizenship here.

I think Muslims are the new scapegoats of the world, just like some fifty years ago we had a little thing called the "Red Scare" where Communism/Communists were the scapegoats of society, they were the most feared and hated people of the world (even though, in Historical retrospect they posed very little threat to the West). I believe it's the same with "terrorists". I believe there is in fact very little threats in the world, as opposed to a certain few regions of particular danger. Fear is the most effective way to control the masses, and by keeping the masses in constant fear of an imminent terrorist attack, the politicians can subdue them into mindless slavery to satisfy their own agendas.

Of course, they have to have the odd raid or something of a similar capacity to actually remind the voters that their goverment and an unnessacerry war is the only thing standing in the way of a world ruled by terrorists. How many times have you seen in the news a report about an imminent terrorist attack only to wait a few days/weeks/months only to have nothing happen? If terrorist attacks are so rife and "imminent", why don't we have more of them? I don't buy it. We need to switch off the TV and look at the real world, not the world a small group of powerful people create for us to see.

Well put! Especially that last sentence--sums up a lot about why people believe false things and media portrayal. You're one of the few non-Muslim individuals I met who actually bothered to realize the truth, and I greatly appreciate and respect you for that. Your opinion (and I'm not just saying this because I am in agreement with it) was very unbiased, true, clear, and effective. Many people who know there is a truth do not want to find it because they enjoy being racist, ignorant, and hateful, and do not want to hear the truth because it may take away this "enjoyment." I also liked the fact that you brought up the men who raped the girl, and wondered why their religion was significant. After all, such an act is prohibited by Islam. Now if such an act was allowed, I would understand the boy's argument. However, it makes no sense because, frankly, someone of ALL religions, nationalities, colors, etc. has raped a girl, and not one time was it considered right. If a Jewish group did that to a woman, or a, lets say, a black group, we should NOT accept that those who did it believed they were right and allowed to do so based on their creed (religion, nationality, color, etc.). So to add to what you were saying, just because the group who raped that girl happened to consist of Muslim men, doesn't mean that it was allowed by their religion, and if these men were found, believe it or not, a mosque would not defend his case, as it is against Islam in the first place.. You cannot assume that everything one does is right, not everyone follows their religion the way it is supposed to. And judging by that action, (the rape) you can hardly even consider those men to be Muslim.

Last edited:
Scrup said:

Is this guy joking or what? Killing you if you dont convert...seriously? Do you actually think that happens?

The Arabs, had a very large empire at one stage, an empire built around Allah and Islam. North Arfica, Spain, India and many many other countries were controlled by the Muslims. The Muslims forced NO ONE to convert. If they did, then Spain and India would be Muslim now wouldnt they? As would other countries that are not Muslim. We had the power to kill those who didnt convert, we had the power to "pread Religion By The Sword" but we didnt. we stood by the rules of Islam.

The Ottoman Turks...ruled many countries that are today non-muslim. Greece was under turkish control for over 500 years...Greeks were never forced to convert, and they are Christian. Many Jewish Areas were under ottoman rule, they were not forced to convert, Bulgaria, North Africa, Armenia and others were under our rule, we had the option to kill those who rejected Allah, but we didnt, we followed the rules of Islam, like the Arabs before us.

In the Ottoman Empire, Millions of Jews and Christians lived in peace. They were allowed to go to Church or Synagouge (sorry if i spelt that wrong) and were able to speak openly about their religion. During The Crusades....things were different, no?

And yes people...im back...:devil:

callme.nasty said:
You see, many, many people believe in God because there is much historical evidence of him being true. Whether it be Jews, Catholics, Christians, whatever, although they may have slightly different beliefs, they believe in the same God, and all of these religions have branched from the Jewish faith of the belief in God. Yet the muslim faith, it just came out of no where.
Not to be rude, but how can you base a faith on the writing of a single person that no one else witnessed?

ok, I was just browsing through this topic since I didn't read it all and I cam across this

"there is much historical evidence of him being true"

ok... where do you get this? seriously... I'd like to know.
If there was evidence of god existing I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be much in terms of other religions. The only historical evidence about christianity that we can say is truth is that it's been around for a couple of thousand years. Witch is actually, not that old. Islam just poped up? How do you think christianity came to be? It also just poped up.

"but how can you base a faith on the writing of a single person that no one else witnessed"

What do you think christian faith is based on? Not one person, but a bunch of people that have added to it, and twisted it over the years. And as a matter of fact, there is much historical evidence saying the the bible was conjured up by normal people. Historicly, peganisme, for example, is much, much older than christianity. So if peganisme is older, christianity must have "poped up" out of nowhere too.

And also somewhere in this topic somebody mentioned Muslims killing people that didn't want to convert.

How do you think christianity drowned out peganisme? They killed them, and burned them at the stake for practicing witchcraft and worshipping "demons" AKA multiple deity. All because most people can't think for them selves and listen to popular public figures like polititians or religious leader when they say. "It's ok to kill them even if it's againts our religion, they worship demons"

My mind can't even conceive the concept of why people think that there is historical accuracy of fact when it comes to a religion. Because there is non. That's why we use the term FAITH so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back