My Super Smash Brothers Brawl Character List:

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wtf: :wtf: zomg why do people keep on making this threeds man when the real charecters come out then we know!:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

GOD... another 'whats the point of wavedashing?' convo...

I used to be the same level as my cousin and it had been a while since I last saw him. During that period I was practising Wavedashing and couldn't see any point in doing it. Although I was practising it...

Met my cousin. Had some fun with smash. He beat me heaps more than I beat him but as I lost I was starting to regain my mindgames and started to wake up a bit to the game.

Final two rounds - completely five stocked him in two rows because I was finally tapping into using WD and tilts / smashes to retaliate to his 'noob' smash/rolling style. I didn't say I was lucky - he was getting better as well but he got constantly confused with the WD when I used it unexpectedly. I also was dash dancing to add further hesitation on his part lol. Empty short hops as well. One stage he got so confused by it all he just simply gave up for half a minute... "Man I was so confused! What did you just do to me?!?"

Wavedashes COUNTER smashes. think of it as an offensive roll. you can be hit during a Wavdash but you can't be hit during an airdodge. A wavedash is a physics glitch in the game. It doesn't make you invincible but it creates more opportunities for your character to attack. Its alot better than running to the opponent and doing a dash attack, when you can do greater damage by just dash, wavedash, smash or tilt of your choice.

Rolls are useful for defensive maneuvers but its laggy when you start and finish the roll. Anyone smart enough can just shield grab you during the roll or charge a smash while you roll...

wow Ive played the game since forever and I have no idea how to wave dash...I use rolling all the time but I guess this is...outdated? Could someone explain how to wave dash? It would be nice to know so I can whoop up on my friends.

thanks, yeah my friend told me how yesterday at school how to do it but he said its too hard so he rolls instead. I think im going to start trying to wavedash though...sounds more effective.

Yeah WD is hard coz you're just used to rolling and all that. I just kept at WD until I got it down in muscle memory. Eventually it becomes like rolling or dodging just have to remember the button combinations for it.

A really good way to start WD is to jump in air and then airdodge down. Keep it going, getting closer to the ground with each airdodge until you cannot see your character leave the ground, instead creating smoke trails around your character.

Get that part down then start airdodging diagonally (South East, South West direction) by remembering the timing between button combinations for the airdodge down movement. Once you see your character sliding or dashing across the ground without any movement (you're just standing still while moving) then you have the WD down.

awesome, I would go try it but I sold my Cube and Smash bros. awhile ago. Figured I should sell it while it was still worth something. Seeing as wii was coming out in 6 months. I still have my PS2 to keep me company though.

I would've done it the other way round. Super Smash bros is waaay more in depth than looks at 1st glance. It doesn't just have standards, tilts, smashes, aerials, sheilds, grabs, dodges, air dodges and rolls. It has SHFFLs, Wavedashes, dash dancing, wavelanding, extra recoveries (char specific tho), more sheild options, dash cancelled grabs, spikes, meteor smashes, and character specific moves (combos and whatnot).

I know sum1 who sold his GC a mth ago because he's saving up for the Wii. I also know sum1else who wanted to get my GC and Smash bros but I already was too attached to smash bros because I was already starting to become part of the smash community in Australia and I still have heaps of fun whenever my cousins come around. It's also entertainment for them when they come around otherwise they'd get bored on the computer.

You can always go to a friends house and practise together - you learn faster when working together, provided you don't just play to win.

lol oh yes. I throw parties every so often and hold touramants. see I dont have a cube or game anymore but all my friends do lol. Im the only one that still has a copy of the 64 one though lol. So once and a while we break that one out with our original characters only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back