my wavebird controller isnt working...

shep18

WiiChat Member
Aug 9, 2009
I just bought a wavebird controller for my wii so i can play snes games...but it doesnt work. The batteries are fine and i set the channels on the reciever and remote to match, but still..nothing. So i dont get it can anyone help me?

I just bought a wavebird controller for my wii so i can play snes games...but it doesnt work. The batteries are fine and i set the channels on the reciever and remote to match, but still..nothing. So i dont get it can anyone help me?

did you plug in the transmitter, in the first gamecube slot

which one is the first one?

Last edited:
shep...

I know it sounds redundant, but make sure your batteries are the right kind (AA), full, and are facing the appropriate directions. Also make sure that your Wavebird controller AND your Wavebird receiver (the thing that plugs into the gamecube controller slot) are set to the same number (1 or 2 should be fine). I think what prinplup was meaning earlier was that the first gamecube slot--on the top of the Wii--is the one closest to the front Wii and power button of the console. If it doesn't work from there, the controller may be a bust and you should return and exchange it ASAP.

shep...

I know it sounds redundant, but make sure your batteries are the right kind (AA), full, and are facing the appropriate directions. Also make sure that your Wavebird controller AND your Wavebird receiver (the thing that plugs into the gamecube controller slot) are set to the same number (1 or 2 should be fine). I think what prinplup was meaning earlier was that the first gamecube slot--on the top of the Wii--is the one closest to the front Wii and power button of the console. If it doesn't work from there, the controller may be a bust and you should return and exchange it ASAP.

that sounds extreemly redundant xD

Back