Need help with wii--newbie.

frantinez63

WiiChat Member
Dec 29, 2006
Hey everyone,

I just got the wii for Christmas and I have a few questions about it. I haven't been able to figure out how to search the forums here. Not sure why.

So, I'd like to know, how do I connect it online. And, once it's connected, how do I buy the Virtual Console games? What in the world are wii points?

If you can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. THANKS!

Eric

Howdy and congrats on your wii. You can go online to the shopping channel and buy old games from all the past consoles from nintendo. The way you purchase and download them are with what Nintendo calls Wii points. You can buy the cards at Walmart, target, etc. or even do what I did and purchase them thru the shopping channel. I believe they are in 10.00 incriments such as 1000 = 10 2000 = 20 3000 = 30 and up to 5000 i believe.
Hope this helps

dcofty

Wii Points:

Wii points are used to purchase items in the shopping channel. To get to the shopping channel go to Wii Menu and one of the icons should be listed as "Shopping Channel". Which is where you can buy various games and other items. At the moment you can download a trial opera internet browser if you go there.

Connecting Online:

The simplest way is to just use a wireless connection in my opinion. So if you have that great. However there is not much you can do online yet because there are no online games unfortunately. However if you can get online you can visit the shopping channel. To make sure you are connected online go to your console settings/options and test your internet connection.

Wii Shopping Channel & Wii Points (continued):

I know I have mentioned this before but by going here you can download games, purchase wii points (100 Wii Points = $1.00), and other stuff. Basically Wii points is similar to microsoft points which is used for the xbox 360. Or in other words the currency. You can add points to your account by purchasing them online.

Back