need some advice

gibsonrocker800

Pink Floyd Addict
Nov 15, 2006
New York
Wii Online Code
4635-5232-1884-9552
hey guys. for christmas i should round up about 400 bucks. i need to know if you think i should reeeallly get a Wii. i KNOW i want zelda and excite truck, but i need some suggestions for other games (i like adventure games the most)

He's not asking whether or not to buy a Wii, he's definitely is hoping to get one. He's asking what other games he should get.

My suggestions:

-Madden NFL 07: if you like football games, a definite. This game has given me the best multiplayer experience ever (2 on 2) of all the games on the Wii so far.

-Red Steel: It's recieved both good and bad reviews. I suggest you rent it or try it at a friend's house before. Just depends on the person. (A first person shooter btw)

-Trauma Center: I'm getting it for Christmas :D Looks good so i would probably recommend it if you like playing surgery. There's a similiar flash game on the internet called "dark cut". Google it and try that out. It's very similiar.

----
Games to be released in the future:

-Mario Galaxy: Basically a must for every nintendo system :) Looks amazing too anyway

-Metroid Prime: Great Shooter

-The Sims: Not much info but the trailer makes it look so amazing

-a few others i can't remember atm

Oh okay, yeah i was definitely goin to get Super Mario Galaxy. I'm a HUGE mario fan, (not as much as Zelda though), 2 more things. how good is the new zelda? and. i was really looking into Red Steel until i read so many bad reviews, and how it got a 5.5 on gamespot... what do you personally think of it.

i dont reccomend trauma center for $50. Id wait till the price drops.

I say this for a couple reasons....
The story line in this game is really awful. I mean, its mediocre, its not even funny. No cinematics, its basically like reading a comic strip....the characters are all drawn anime characters each with about 3 different expressions and they dont move....they just stand there on a drawn background. This is the major problem i had with this game, but if the story doesnt matter to you, the gameplay was fun. operating was really fun, especially with the wiimote and the graphics for this part weren't too bad. no anime during surgery, thank god. lol
so there's my breakdown....fun gameplay, but awful story line. ill probably wait till its down to $30 or when i can get it as a cheaper used game.

I suggest COD3. I rented it and must say, it is really fun. A lot of people say the lack of premium graphics ruin the game, but i dont think so at all. Its fun to play and I dont think the graphics are too horrible, just obviosuly not that of 360.

Edit: Zelda is amazing. must have.
also, fyi, gamespot is bias toward nintendo, so dont trust their reviews. however many said that red steel was not that great so i suggest you try before you buy.

Last edited:
oh yeah i had call of duty for PS2 and it was awesome but i sold it because i was saving up for a laptop. but anyway, to me. graphics dont mean anything. i mean. yes theyre nice. but i wont like reject a game because of graphics. its about the gameplay. like how fun it is. for example. look at Super Mario Bros. 3 for NES. terrible graphics but amazing to play (I still do). and of course Ocarina of Time (best game of all time in my opinion)... the graphics arent great and i can play it all day... amazing storyline, fighting, gameplay.

okay to clear it all up. i was sayin that i do want a wii, but i want to know if its worth the money. (should have worded it like that. sorry for the confusion)

I agree with you on the graphics. That's why im sick of the ps3/360 fanboys arguing with only graphics in mind.

Anyway, what i meant with trauma center is more pointed towards story line. If you like awesome stories such as those of Zelda (Your mentioned OoT) this probably isnt the game for you, at least not for $50.

oh alright. well see, im not lookin for only long adventure games that take hours to beat.. i would also like some fun games too, so i might look into that game. as of now, i know that i will get Zelda, Excite Truck, COD3... anyone recommend Elebits and Tony Hawk?

My friend has Trauma Center and the difficulty range is insane. The game really pushes you. I would not advise this game to someone who likes to fly through games or have little patience. This game is definitely HARD. I mean having to remove 4 tumors at the same time, thats just nuts.... o.o

I saw Elebits in the store and it looks really fun if you have 4 people, looks like a party game to me. I never have been into tony hawk games, so I really cant give you an accurate account, however it does look fun, I'll probably rent it.

yahh i dont really like to fly through games. but i'll probably rent trauma center to see what its all about and if its fun.

All my friends think its fun, its really funny to us to laugh at how insane and crazy the surgeries you need to perform are. But I guess thats because one of them is studying surgery as his major >>

Back