....Need to earn $200......

idjut said:
naisatoh.... is everything ok? ...do you need a hug? :)
Everything's great. I'm just basing my comments on what I've read so far...

Nick Atack said:
Because my dad is mad at me for my bad grades in School,he wont do it......
Seems like his priorities are a little mixed up..

Last edited:
lemonade stand?
sell an old gaming system or something worth alot that you dont exactly use much.

Oh heres another, on ebay sell wii point 20 point cards for 30 or 25 bucks, when they buy it, you send them the code through the wii, or games they want, and keep the extra cash. thats what i thought of doing at first.

I'm with naisatoh on this one. Some 13yo kid slacks off in school, and is being (rightfully) punished by his dad. So he runs here, whining about not getting a Wii... why should we help him side-step his earned punishment so he can get something that will just encourage him to slack off more at school?

Suck it up and get better grades, and maybe eventually your dad will decide you deserve a Wii.

I busted my arse all summer to earn enough to buy my own first game system way-back-when... babysitting, mowing lawns, painting the house, etc. You can too. You can also figure out that school is more-important than video games. Good thing you at least have a parent who knows as much to hopefully get you on the right track.

sremick said:
I'm with naisatoh on this one. Some 13yo kid slacks off in school, and is being (rightfully) punished by his dad. So he runs here, whining about not getting a Wii... why should we help him side-step his earned punishment so he can get something that will just encourage him to slack off more at school?

Suck it up and get better grades, and maybe eventually your dad will decide you deserve a Wii.

I busted my arse all summer to earn enough to buy my own first game system way-back-when... babysitting, mowing lawns, painting the house, etc. You can too. You can also figure out that school is more-important than video games. Good thing you at least have a parent who knows as much to hopefully get you on the right track.

Bah people these days.....dont know how to have fun...
The trick is to play a sh!t load of videogames for extremly long periods of time with no rest and then eventually your body learns that while you play videogames it is dying thus makes you "not" want to play them anymore.

Possible Side Effects
1) The loning to never play video games again.:shocked:
2) Lose of weight due to lose food income.
3) Decreased brain activity (unless playing strategy games)
4) Death....
5) Increased reaction times.
6) In some cases an undesireable urge to eat human flesh

As you can see the positives outway the negatives.
I highly recommend you trying this program

Disclamer
We hold no responsibility for any injuries or even deaths occured in you taking this program.

I think you're screwed. You may have to face the fact that you won't have a Wii. By the time you do save up it would be pointless to buy it. You can't do anything but ask your parents to buy you one and by the sounds of it, that's not going to happen.

I'm with the others, school comes first. With that being said there are a lot of chores people hate doing and possibly you could do to earn up some cash. I say just go door to door to people you know (please don't go to strangers) and just explain to them you're trying to raise your own money and just see if there's anything they need done. A kid here did that to earn money for concert tickets and he would do anything he washed the dishes for me one time when I was sick, and even kept an eye on my two boys while I did some housework. Just stuff that someone normally wouldn't volunteer to do really helped me out. Good luck with it! Let us know what happens!

you are royaly ****ed i suggest you sell your soul to me for $ 200 either steal ur dad's wii and never talk to him again... wait and play it at ur days... steal someone elses wii... you dont have time to save and buy a wii trust me... go live with ur dad... beg for money on the street have signs saying it is so i can wii (that is the truth)... get several loans maybe ask grand parents? they always help!!!

Manufan is correct. With the release of Brawl around the corner and Wii's still in high demand it's hard to say that you will be able to find a Wii. Also, I would assume that it's going to take more than one week to cough up $200.00. My only advice to you would be to do chores around the house and save up your money for a Wii.

you are royaly ****ed i suggest you sell your soul to me for $ 200 either steal ur dad's wii and never talk to him again... wait and play it at ur days... steal someone elses wii... you dont have time to save and buy a wii trust me... go live with ur dad... beg for money on the street have signs saying it is so i can wii (that is the truth)... get several loans maybe ask grand parents? they always help!!!

I hope you're being sarcastic because those are some of the worst suggestions I've read.

1. Sell his soul .
2. Steal his dad's.
3. Steal someone else's.
4. Beg relatives.

Last edited:
I hope you're being sarcastic because those are some of the worst suggestions I've read.

1. Sell his soul .
2. Steal his dad's.
3. Steal someone else's.
4. Beg relatives.

Number 4 is alright, try get a loan from some1 that trusts you ;)

Got any Adderall or Oxycontin in your medicine cabinet?
Go to your local high school and sell it.
You'll have enough money for a Wii, a PS3 and an Xbox360 :lol:

Is your birthday due soon?

Even if it isn't, ask your parents, grandparents etc if they'd mind coughing up the cash they'd normally spend on a birthday present for you, because there's something you'd really really like to buy *now*...

Or is there anything you can use as a negotiating aid (I'm not talking about blackmailing!) but something like 'hey I got good grades at school, if I promise to work even harder could I buy x?' etc? [edit] Sorry didn't see the bit about your dad been angry at your grades... don't try this method then ;)

Maybe draft up a contract on the PC, have a list of things you'll do and for how long (eg: "I will help clean the house for 3 months", or "tidy the dishes after dinner", or whatever, for a certain amount of time if they give or loan you the money)...

I feel your pain, I hate waiting to buy stuff too and I'm 37 ;) But it does get a bit easier when you're older (*cough* credit cards *cough*) I'm currently waiting impatiently for Mario Kart to be released!

Neil

Last edited:
Back