nervous! I just got home and my wii was......

Impressive!

I want one :).

I see it was on a continuous loop so every X amount of seconds it would repeat the command.

Really makes you think how far Lego has come. From some little company that makes plastic bits for you to put together, to a Massive corporation that lets you cheat even on the most new Consoles.

Oh, and makes you wonder what else you can do :).

dan99iel said:
Impressive!

I want one :).

I see it was on a continuous loop so every X amount of seconds it would repeat the command.

Really makes you think how far Lego has come. From some little company that makes plastic bits for you to put together, to a Massive corporation that lets you cheat even on the most new Consoles.

Oh, and makes you wonder what else you can do :).
Wrong thread.

Oops :blush2:. I use tabs, not actual windows on firefox, and i had 2 tabs with threads. Embarrassing :). But i will use this post. This hasn't happened to me, but as somebody mentioned, Nintendo makes consoles for life.

Last edited:
dan99iel said:
Oops :blush2:. I use tabs, not actual windows on firefox, and i had 2 tabs with threads. Embarrassing :). But i will use this post. This hasn't happened to me, but as somebody mentioned, Nintendo makes consoles for life.

lmao, i started to read that and im like whoah what about legos?!?! thought i ws still sleeping or something :)

all is forgiven :)

Wiitime said:
so today our cleaning ladies came.. i have a note on my wii saying " Please dont touch". They dont. I came home today and my wii was on.... I am 99.5% sure they didnt do it but am curious to how it got on. The wiimotes are in my draw so maybe something hit the power button or idk.. the wii cant turn on its self right???... but my concern is, the wii might have been on for a long time. they usually come and r still here but they might have come early like 11am and it might have been on the last few hours... is it bad??? it could have been on the last 3 hours... is it bad? should i worry?

Wait a sec... I think everyone is missing something here. You have a cleaning lady? What are you, royalty or something?

SpaceHawg said:
Wait a sec... I think everyone is missing something here. You have a cleaning lady? What are you, royalty or something?

they're not that hard to afford...i have some also...

drama queen is the term youre looking for but come on with electronics you tend to be "too careful" of them to make sure you get the longest life out of them

As someone working in IT for 15 years, let me tell you that you don't have to be too careful with electronics. I leave my computers on 24/7 through storms (they are on UPS), never unplug the TV's, stereos, etc. Never a problem.

You can leave this stuff on 24/7 and chances are they will outlive you. The PowerPC chip in the Wii is the main CPU used in most embedded applications - think routers, mainframes, telephone switches, etc. There are millions (if not billions) of PPC's runnign 24/7/365 all around the world with no ill effects.

Things like these have MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) measured in the 100+k hours or 4,166 days (11 years straight). Chances are you are not going to be playing your Wii in 11 years.

So, don't worry about it - leave your Wii on or off and enjoy it. Don't worry about the heat - heat is not as bad on electronics as people think. As long as it's within specs (I'm sure the Wii will shutdown if it overheats) it will be fine.

The only way you should be upset is if they left your TV on with the Wii on - the static picture will burn it in.

bubs said:
Here is an iidea.... the person who left the note on your Wii turned it on maybe????????????

R-E-A-D the 1st post. :eek:ut: The owner of the Wii put the note saying 'do not touch' on it.

Back