Newbie - wiiConnect24 wants me to update !?

pierre_g82

WiiChat Member
Nov 15, 2009
Hi all,

totally new to the wii world = total newbie. In advance sorry for asking stupid things or being not clear enough.

I just purchased a wii in china. And here are some "facts" might explaining my situation:

1. It's supposed to be a japanese version. But so far i am able to play japanese as well as english games on it without issues.

2. I found i have "system software version" 4.0 U (whatever that means, guess an english system software?

3. I found a peace of software on it called "Geko OS" which would allow me too boot games from there (would not use it as all games work with the common boot so far)

My question is simple. I got the english version of PES 2009 and i am trying to find an online opponent. Sadly at the start of PES it tell me that wiiconnect is turned off and must be turned on. If i keep insist on looking for an opponent it gives me no people available. I am guessing due to the fact that wii24 is not turned on.

Trying to turn wii24 on is telling me that it needs to update my software. Now i am kinda afraid i will break the wii as it seems like its mooded or something...

Can anyone give me some pieces of advise what i can do to turn on wii24 - i would just like to play that PES online.

Thanks so much, and sorry again for that confusing text - but i am kinda confused by all that as well - haha

yeah the fact that wiiconnect is not turned on is the reason why i cant find opponents in the pes online mode ...

question is - is there a way to turn wiiconnect24 on with update or without ... i dont wanna damage the "cracked or modded" wii...

yeah the fact that wiiconnect is not turned on is the reason why i cant find opponents in the pes online mode ...

question is - is there a way to turn wiiconnect24 on with update or without ... i dont wanna damage the "cracked or modded" wii...

They don't do automatic updates, you have to click on the update in the message board and agree to the terms. Don't click on the update messages or the update button.

Hub

well for me if i jump to the wii settings , klick on wiiconnect 24 he as me to agree on the terms in the shop or "inside" wii connect 24 ... if i press ok ... he immediately tells me i need to "update the system" to access this option ...

do i do anything wrong ?

Back